Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
plasticboy

I have watched the virtual ride and i noticed 2 things...

1) With the vertical drop not diving into a hole of any sort, i feel the atmosphere will be some what lost, the vertical drop will e no more of a focus than the rides other inversions

2)Did i see a block brake section? Thats not like B&M is it?!
Kaz

Yes, you did see a block brake due to capacity reasons. You may like to know that quite alot of B&M coasters have block sections so its not that unusal.

The reason you dont see them in Tussaud parks is because good old JW hates them and I dont blame him!
Nutty dreadz

[quote=""Danzaw*nk""]They say it will be the first floorless but surely thats not going to be any different to Sheikra? I remember my feet hanging on that.

Dan
:D
[/quote]

Dan, being as though you have just come back from Orlando, did you manage to get a go on Kraken?

TBH, floorless coasters aint that brilliant - The only difference is, you can see the track underneath you're feet, and that's it! Isnt anything to really get excited about, it feels the same as riding a normal sit down coaster really - The only thing that does feel a bit different, is if you sit on the front, when you go round a corner or loop, it looks as if you're feet are going to touch the track - Personally id rather go on an inverted.

So I don't think floorless will add much to this ride, but it still looks like a fantastic ride! :)
coaster junkie

i think sheikra is the daddy. rode it twice and it was my joint favorite ride
along with Kraken.

don't get me wrong oblivion is a great ride but sheikra takes the thrill to another level.

nothing wrong with the theming at all.
Anonymous

This ride looks terrific (as does Shakira), but I have to agree that although Oblivion is much shorter, the fact that you don't get to see anything other than the vertical part of the drop, makes it appear much more intimidating.

I'm glad that there are more of these diving machines being built now. Let's hope another one gets built in Europe soon.

Danzaw*nk

[quote=""Nutty dreadz""][quote=""Danzaw*nk""]They say it will be the first floorless but surely thats not going to be any different to Sheikra? I remember my feet hanging on that.

Dan
[/quote]

Dan, being as though you have just come back from Orlando, did you manage to get a go on Kraken?
[/quote]

Yep*, was no different than riding Rita or Colossus. Still a fantastic ride though but floorless coasters dont change the experience on the ride. Doesnt beat the Hulk or Kumba though*!

However, it will be great to this new coaster which does look terrific! I really want to go to America going to all the biggest parks some day :(.

*Might i add i rode Kumba, Kraken and Hulk 5 tiems each :P.

Dan
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Kaz

You have to remember though that with the new 10 row cars most of the seats will stick out over the edge of the track. Result = over 200ft ft up hanging on the edge of a vertical drop with nothing below you, not even the track! Now thats going to be scary!
Nutty dreadz

[quote=""Kaz""]You have to remember though that with the new 10 row cars most of the seats will stick out over the edge of the track. Result = over 200ft ft up hanging on the edge of a vertical drop with nothing below you, not even the track! Now thats going to be scary![/quote]

Ok ok, thats a good point! It would be a lot better being on the side with nothing undreneath you, but again it would still be nothing that amazing or special.. May as well go on an inverter to get nothing underneath you feeling!

And yeah Dan, have to agree, Hulk is way better than floorless Kraken! And cheers for rubbing it in too! :P
Ketchup

The current Dive Machines are basically floorless's anyway, your feet dangle as very few people are tall enough for their feet to hit the ground.

To be fair, floorless's are pretty damn similar to the B&M Sit Down's, and basically they were B&M's next take on a standard sit down coaster. Medusa at SFGADV was easily one of the best B&M's i've been on, not due to the floorless feature however but the awesome mix of gigantic elements and inversions also featured on both Hulk and Kumba.

It's a shame to be honest that B&M are slowly drifting away from more traditional multilooping steel coasters, to more unique coasters as in my opinion, B&M do inversions better than any other company, whilst Intamin do airtime the best, I just hope that some parks decide to invest in a floorless or a sit down again as along with the Invert there B&M's best model.

And Jesus why does this thing have to open 1 year after i'm there! Meh Alpengeist was still awesome! :P
cstacey

The floorless feature will be mainly aimed at front row riders who will be hanging over the drop with absolutely nothing infront of them whereas with the other Dive Machines you have a floor and a bar at the front of the train. This will mean an uninterrupted view straight down the drop.
Nick

Griffon is now going through a soft opening. It took its first riders yesterday!
Ash

Think it was just for mothers day, then it closed. Open on a day to day basis
Shent

......The one and only... :sus:
Mankey

I'm sorry... but dive machines that you can see the bottom of the drop to are just UUUUUUUUUGLY! does anyone else think this

looks like a pretty good ride though

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
Thomas

Does look UGLY yes.

Doesn't look very good at all if I'm honest, blue & white :?

The drop & everything IMO just doesn't seem to look right, looks like the whole ride has been cramped into a corner, the first drop looks unfinished and needs something, the crap fencing around it all, the water bit looks the worse on Shikra's it looks good and is incorporated into the surroundings with a path round it and shops(well so it looks like on pictures) but this one seems like a blue pond and that's it!

Was expecting abit more TBH, maybe they think the new floorless element will make up for it.
AstroDan

I am sure it's thrilling and fast but to be honest, that second dive is lame. And what is so special about the lift hill? The way he says that most coasters just use the lift hill to get you from the bottom to the top... well I don't see much difference...? The speed? Angle? :?

Just looks like Sheikra to me, but not as good.
LiamC

It would be a good ride, if it incorporated the public more! For example, on Sheikra's water splash, passer by get soaked from it as the water dumps straight down onto people stood by it

Splashy

Also, alot of the track on Sheikra is above pathways ect, whereas on this, it just seems in the middle of nowhere, all fenced off as though it has a disease of some sort!

Also, that second drop is awful, sheikra's drops down into a mist filled hole, much like oblivions, underground, then back round and into the splash.

Holey

This one just looks crappy and un-interesting!

It seems to be as though they've spent 95% of their time on the track layout and nothing on landscaping and theming!
Mankey

To be honest liam thats typically american. Most American rides consist of just the coaster, no landscaping, no theming, nothing...

Im not saying they dnt theme at all, i mean look at disney. but the vast majority of coasters in America look crap. Look at X for example

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
Gazza Smurf

Hmm that's an ugly thing, it's just built on some random wasteground :? Just looks like they've built the ride and thought sod it with the theming, because it's floorless the theming doesn't matter! The ride itself looks pretty good, but theming would have made it a whole lot better.
Beaver Dude

Im not saying they dnt theme at all, i mean look at disney. but the vast majority of coasters in America look crap. Look at X for example
Are you just talking about the way the ride looks because X is amazing and it actually looks wicked when you actually see it.

Griffon looks just as crap as Sheikra really...