Efteling

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
AstroDan

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... hp?t=34176

After a year long delay, Efteling have finally opened their new showpiece Water attraction. And once again, it's European parks showing us how it's done, at least from the theming perspective. Phantasialand gave us the beautiful Black Mamba last year, and Efteling now deliver this. Yes, the actual layout etc. may not be the most thrilling or amazing in the world, but the pictures make it as much a visual feast as anything else.

I think that the station and queueline look stunning, personally I am looking forward to getting to Efteling, hopefully next year.

This ride cost the equivalent of £14,000,000. With Mamba costing £16,000,000 at Phantasialand, Tussauds need to plug a project with a massive cash injection and create something worthy of these rides!

:)
Craig

That, quite simply is just amazing. There's an unbelievable amount of attention to detail on that attraction. I have to agree, the European parks have really been pulling out the stops with their attractions over the past few years, can't wait to sample them on that little trip we have in oooooh, 130 days time :D
Martin1

That looks, awesome as craig said, the attention to detail is second to none. Rides like these put alot in Britian to shame, Why cant we have these in the UK :P
Kelly

Wow, that looks fantastic! Omgosh the theming! You can definately see where the money has been spent! It looks really stunning, and these european parks are really putting Brittain to shame! What iv give to have something this well themed in Brittain :( I especially like the station! :D
altontowerskid

Thats what i dont understand. They have these rides with amazing theming in the US and in Europe, lots of the parks being less profitable than Alton, Thorpe etc, but still, in the UK, they dont seem able to produce a ride with fantastic theming like these ride.
It confuses me why, but this looks like an amazing addition to a beautiful park. This park is great, one of the best things (as TPR have mentioned) is how nice the staff are, they are amazingly friendly and up for a laugh.
AstroDan

I too, don't understand. Some of the European parks have Disney quality theming, sometimes even better than Disney theming. The UK attitude is more a kind of cross between US parks (not inc. Disney and Florida) and European parks. There are gestures at theming, but it's never as deep as you would find in Europe.

If any of the UK parks would invest in theming how the European parks often do, we'd have a treasure chest of a theme park. Alton Towers, with 2.5million guests a year should have the means and know how to produce an attraction with the awesome attention to detail that we see on rides like De Vliegende Hollander and Black Mamba.
MostMagicalCat

dam you beat me to it :P

I have been waching this one in hope it would open. i get to ride in august and so looking forward to this, the themeing is great. That region of the world can easyly rivial florida for theme parks, big market, over a large area, but there are so many great parks over there.

the effects in the dark part of that ride looks great, i am wetting my pants in anticipation.

the park also offers dreamflight, which can be regarded as one of the best dark rides in the world.

ja
[
teammad

Sorry if this has been posted before, just found a video of an evac of Python, but staring up again before it should have:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QnPlwDle8 ... ve_sharing

Dave
Cheers,
Dave
Craig

Nick sent me this this morning on MSN. It must have been pretty scary for those in the cars who had their restraints open. You can see them pulling them down when the train starts moving again :shock:.

If that happened yesterday then it was only the day before that Marky Lon Liam and Ray were there too!

I know there should be commas between the names above but the cracker thingy won't let me put em in
Gazza Smurf

Bloody hell :shock: Would the restraints have locked when they pulled them back down?
Nick

Yeh they would have been locked. In order for them to be unlocked the release mechansim would have to be held open. As soon as it is back in its normal position the restraints would have locked
Craig

Yes the restraints would have still locked. Still - despite that its a disgrace that they were even evacuating people from the back to the front considering thats what caused the ride to start moving again. A large amount of the train had cleared the lift hill itself so when people were evacuated from the back - there was more weight to the front pulling the rest off the anti rollbacks and over.

Some major reviewing of their evac procedures is in order me thinks.
Gazza Smurf

I read over at TPR that they evacuate back to front so they don't make people at the back panic when people infront of them are evacuated and walk past them. Still, in a situation like this surely it's better to ignore that and do it front to back? :?
Craig

A back to front evac would make sense IF the train hadn't gone past the crest of the lift hill. You don't have any chance of the train slipping back or going any further forward when the whole train is stuck on the lift hill itself. However, since in this case it's over the crest, there should've been a different procedure to evacuate the train fron front to back.
AstroDan

Seems utterly appalling that such a major theme park can have this happen.

Really poor if you ask me, such things should not happen! That could just as well have been Goudurix for me yesterday, just as well it wasn't!
Shent

Unless the train sliped off the lift, i find that really really shocking, any staff member entering the ride area (within reason) should isolate the ride, aka shut off. Unless the train slid off the lift which still, if they knew it was close to the edge why didnt they secure it?

Very shocking.
......The one and only... :sus:
Ash

Thats one major screw up! First thing you do is secure the place of the train!

Christ, even if it was with ropes or something of that nature. Thing is its clearly over the crest of the hill so has the chance to roll forward, thats just poor training in my opinion, and not planning for every eventuality!

Id imagine there would normally be an evac platform at the front of the ride or something, not in this case. That must of been terrifying.

Why would you evac the back first! They may of been following the COSWOP but why do that when thats clearly gonna happen! Do they not understand dogs and ratchets, morons.

Im really shocked by that. Clearly they were manually releasing people but the wrong way round. Wow shocking!

*edit* oops never considered lift pushing it over, well which prat didnt isolate the ride, or the op or host opted for a manual lift start or something of that nature! Sackings are in order my dear. Cant do a safe lift evac, thats the bread and butter man!

Major Screw Up!
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

For once Kumbak have done something that may have saved lives.

(Click references-New train design-Python)
http://www.kumbakcoasters.nl/
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Mankey

Wow... thats pretty bad, i trust no one got hurt? i dunno what i'd do in that situation... i trust everyone must have pulled their restraints back down?

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!