Efteling

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Vegitabeta

Who else has seen Aquanura so far?  I saw it on Monday night and it was wonderful!  Would have been better in the dark, but was still great  :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Upon browsing the TPR forums, I was linked to this news article which was released today, revealing that Efteling will be getting a Dive Coaster next year, which will most probably be manufactured by B&M. Costing €36million, its 37.5 metre drop is similar although shorter than Krake's and as with the rest of Efteling's attractions, the ride will be getting an extensive back-story and theme.

There's not really anything more to add for the time being, but it would seem that these smaller Dive Coasters are becoming more popular, as Gardaland's Dive Coaster is also expected to be similar in height.
TomL

The news article also states that the Dive Coaster which will open in 2015 alongside a new 400 bed hotel extension all to try and increase their annual visitor numbers to 5million people over a year.
Alex

Surprised it's not been said but the ride is going to be built by Zierer. This means that it might be a coaster similar to Verbolten ie it has a drop.
Altitude

Alex wrote:Surprised it's not been said but the ride is going to be built by Zierer. This means that it might be a coaster similar to Verbolten ie it has a drop.
Actually, it's a B&M. They submitted plans.
Danny

I thought it was B&M to
Alex

Fair enough I just went by one of the guys in the know on Coasterforce but clearly he was wrong. Here are the previously mentioned plans

Altitude

^
Those aren't the plans! It's the original concept for Dive Machines, however I posted them on CoasterForce to give people an idea of what it might look like" This is the basic plan they submitted to give off the general location of the coaster:

Ian Bell from CoasterForce is a great guy, and lots of reliable sources tell him things! Just looks like that one source was wrong. He never said it was definitely a Zierer though!

Oh, and 'apparently', the drop and some of the lift will be enclosed in a tower, as the ride will be themed to a Dutch Coal Mine.
Alex

Well whatever it looks like it will be highly themed so that's a bonus! :lol
Tom

Alex wrote:Fair enough I just went by one of the guys in the know on Coasterforce but clearly he was wrong. Here are the previously mentioned plans

These are the original concepts for Oblivion if I remember rightly :P
Alex

Ah, I thought they looked slightly familiar :lol
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Construction is underway, as shown in the following images. The first is from Efteling's twitter, and the other 4 from Eftelist's.

[align=center]Image

Image[/align]

Additional images can also be found here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Efteling have released a few images on their twitter page, which don't show much apart from them digging a trench and laying some cables.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Efteling have provided another construction update on Twitter. It mainly consists of laying down concrete.

[align=center]Image

Image[/align]

They have also tweet something which translates into 'We will soon start the construction work for the larger dive coaster! We try to update as much as you. Via Twitter'. I assume this is referring to vertical construction, as overall construction is obviously already underway.
Danny

I always get excited when i see a new comment on this topic, but concreting and cable lying is pretty mehh anticlimax :lol
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Construction has 'officially' started as they have begun to excavate a tunnel for one section of the track.

[align=center]Image[/align]
Georgie

Judging from the border design, it seems that the ride's theme may be steampunk-ish. (Which is something I most definitely approve of, and I am really intrigued as to how this supposedly "extensive back-story" is going to be implemented. I must say, despite seeing more of Operation Orange, of the 2 new dive coasters next year, this one has grabbed my attention a bit more. (Although that maybe because of how OO feels a bit like a blivvy retread.)
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan
Danny

This video has been created by a No Limits 2 user, who has viewed the plans and speculated theme and created this:

If this is anything like the real one I'd be over the moon! :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Here are some of the latest construction photos from VijfZintuigen.

There's also a video update from a couple of days ago.

They have also released the following image, which they believe to be what the first section of the layout will look like. It does seem to match up with the No Limits recreation.

[align=center]Image[/align]