The Crystal Maze - London

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Aidan Lowe

How did this pass by unnoticed?! You can book to do a 90 minute experience with groups of 8 to take on the maze!

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://thecrystalmaze.seetickets.com/to ... ystal-maze" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Themeparksandy1981

I was looking at this and is good for £50 each. I guess many on here wouldn't know what the crystal maze was.
Liam.W

I'm 14 and I know what it was! I watched it sometimes a while ago and always thought it would be cool to try out
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Rita Fan

This sounds epic! Why don't we all as a forum do this????????? WHY NOT? IT'LL BE A GREAT LAUGH!

Sorry I was getting a bit carried away.
Erm, change of plan, I prefer The Smiler. Rita's rubbish. Should have thought of that...

Scarefest 2016 hype is all gone... all because of Stan.H.
N_B

That is amazing, how many 80's and 90's kids would jump at the chance to do this? Now if they can also make an adult "Fun House"... :yes:
Themeparksandy1981

N_B wrote:That is amazing, how many 80's and 90's kids would jump at the chance to do this? Now if they can also make an adult "Fun House"... :yes:
They did that in a pub in Lichfield back in May of this year. http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/watc ... at-6011075" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
N_B

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:
N_B wrote:That is amazing, how many 80's and 90's kids would jump at the chance to do this? Now if they can also make an adult "Fun House"... :yes:
They did that in a pub in Lichfield back in May of this year. http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/watc ... at-6011075" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oh man, I would have loved to have done that.
Owen

Okay I understand it's a 1 hiur 45 minute experience. But £50 (plus a booking free so let's approximate it to £5) is incredibly steep in my opinion, when thinking a family of four will be paying up to £205. To add to this, that price is only during weekdays while weekends are £60 (plus the booking fee) meaning prices could reach up to approximately £225 for a family of 4. I gather this is just for the experience without any merchandise added in, for £50-£60 I'd expect a 3 hour experience at the very least or one of which the is the same length but comes with added bonuses. Overall I feel if looks fun - but the price is hugely over the top in my eyes.
Aidan Lowe

I did Operation Lockdown for £99 at AT and that was a 2 hour experience which could be said to be a horror crystal maze experience.
mark_h

If they offer an experience like the real Crystal Maze then that is good value. However if they only offer a few simple games per zone then it may not be a good experience.

Each episode of the TV show took days to film, with lots of waiting around for cameras to be set up. The water was seemingly very cold.

-------------

Is there anything left of the real maze which, after the first series, was located in a hangar at North Weald Airfield?
Owen

Andy Mc wrote:I did Operation Lockdown for £99 at AT and that was a 2 hour experience which could be said to be a horror crystal maze experience.
However as far as I'm aware that price included various merchandise you received for doing the experience, making the cost more justifiable.

I think that if they are marketing this experience as a family attraction the prices should of reflect that.
Aidan Lowe

Owen wrote:However as far as I'm aware that price included various merchandise you received for doing the experience, making the cost more justifiable.
If you mean Operation Lockdown then nope we received nothing.

I think the price is fair tbh but that's me I guess.