Walibi Holland

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
coaster_chris

October the 31st was the last day for Six Flags Holland! Mid this year Six Flags European Division was sold, except for Movie World in Madrid, to the british Palamon Investment group. The name of their themepark branch is called starparks. Starparks bought the parks, but didn't buy the Warner Bros, and DC comics rights wich meant that the characters like the looney tunes and Superman had to leave the park. Starparks wanted to loose the rollercoaster and thrillride image that the park had, and wanted to make the park fun for the whole family. What they have done is reintroduced Walibi - the orange kangeroo, and renamed the park, Walibi World. Before Six Flags came over, the park was called Walibi too. It was a small family park with only 1 or 2 big rides like the Vekoma proto SLC, El Condor and a S&S Space Shot.

For the new season Starparks wants to install some new rides. A lot of money went into changing the characters and names, so there will be only 3 new things added to the park. A Climb & Play area for the younger kids, as well as a ball play area including compressed air features. The only "big" ride that will be added is the Splash Battle made by the Italian Preston & Barbieri company. It is an interactive boat ride, where guests use a water cannon to shoot different targets, along their way.

Splash Battle track layout

Splash Battle boat

Pictures of the Press conference:

Entrance to the conference...

A plain arrived!

Who could that be in there?

....It's Walibi!

Another picture of Walibi together with staff. The clothes they are wearing will be the new clothing for the park's personal.

A nice picture on the back!

Place for all the press

General Manager Walibi World, Marcel Schonenberg after the conference talking to some friends of mine.... those nosey themepark fans... want to know everything! :mrgreen:

Hopefully Six Fla... uhhh Walibi World will be changed into a super park!!! :roll: 8)

Chris
Anonymous

That's a ride i've never seen or heard of before :) Look's like alot of fun! :D
Phantom

Wow, looks good that Walibi is back. None of that no theme Six Flags bellecks!

Wonder if Tornado will return
Gerstlauer Fanboy <3
coaster_chris

If you mean the Chaos.... No it will be taken down, becouse the ride was experiecing to much problems.... The ride was closed more often then it was opened. De Double Invertor ride (like submision) wil be taken down as well becouse no one goes on it. and i'm glad... that thing hurts!!

Or are you thinking Six Flags Belgium (Walibi Belgium next year)? With the Vekoma rollercoaster Tornado? :?: :)

Chris
Anonymous

[quote=""coaster_chris""]
De Double Invertor ride (like submision) wil be taken down as well becouse no one goes on it. and i'm glad... that thing hurts!!
[/quote]
The Double Invertor ride will be relocated from Walibi World to Walibi Rhône-Alpes in France. I'm glad the ride is removed from the park. I did it once and never again in the five years I had a season pass for this park.

In the new Splash Battle ride you will be able to shoot at other riders as well as off-ride guests who can use water cannons from the side as well. During the ride you can hit targets which will turn off waterfalls and other things, to keep your journey as dry as possible.
MostMagicalCat

can you get there easy from amstam central sation(by rail?)
[
Diddi

lol, thats what a dutch mate just said about walibi/sixflags :D

[21:43] <+Mcr> Idd like the kangaroo more u know nice ass :>

:mrgreen:
Image <---->Image
Phantom

I'm thinking of the wrong park! teehee!
Gerstlauer Fanboy <3
coaster_chris

[quote=""mostmagicalcat""]can you get there easy from amstam central sation(by rail?)[/quote]

Yes that's no problem!! It's about an hour by rail. You need to go to the Harderwijk railway station, and take a spacial busservice to the park from there. Wich take's about an other half hour.

Check dutch rail site for more info:
www.ns.nl

Chris
coaster_chris

Construction for Splash Battle has started.....

Removal of the Chance ride Chaos, Tornado. The ride had constant downtime!

These are portable cranes mostly used for moving concrete around, so it's most likely that they're bussy on the trench for the boats...
The Preston & Barbieri company says the ride can be built in about 10 days, so good gues: It will be cr*p :mrgreen: The cars look kinda plastic anyway, but shure it'll be good fun in the summer shootin' each other with the waterpistols! :P

Chris
iridium

and take a spacial busservice to the park
Knowing what can be obtained in Amsterdam, I'm sure it is Spacial :wink:

Out of interest, do you know what Goliath is going to be renamed to? Or are they sticking with it?

Should be going to the park sometime in June, which is nice.
MostMagicalCat

Knowing what can be obtained in Amsterdam, I'm sure it is Spacial
what hookers.....naw just kidding :D
is the Harderwijk service still on now its walbi world...just dont want to turn up in Harderwijk and be stuck with my famaly....erm stuck there with no access to the park.....it happend in utoxitor once had to get the hotel owner to run us to the park dont think the train driver would be up for it....
[
coaster_chris

[quote=""iridium""]
and take a spacial busservice to the park
Knowing what can be obtained in Amsterdam, I'm sure it is Spacial :wink:
[/quote]

Why does everyone allways associate that with Holland :mrgreen: (and it can be obtained in all the other city's as well ;) :P hehe)

[quote=""iridium""]
Out of interest, do you know what Goliath is going to be renamed to? Or are they sticking with it?
***[/quote]

They're goning to keep the name... I't was a registered Trade Mark by Six Flags, but they sold the TM to Star Parks together with the park.

Chris
MostMagicalCat

any one been scince the change over, got my first trip planned opening day apr 14th or somthing, looking forward to it any advice coments welcome
[
Diddi

I've been to Walibi World twice last year.
At the opening day it was closed due to technical problems (good start in a season ;) ) and then again in august when it was up and running. it's quite a funny ride, and chances are good you will get REALLY wet ;)

ask me if you need any help, i will try to help you as good as i can :)
Image <---->Image
MostMagicalCat

great, looking forward to golith and the superman ride, always admired this park just glan i am getting the chance to vist.
can you get a second day cheaper if you want to vist twice?
[
Anonymous

Wow, that Splash Battle looks fun, anyway's i hope this Park turns to be a success!

Shame all the character's left though.
Diddi

[quote=""mostmagicalcat""]great, looking forward to golith and the superman ride, always admired this park just glan i am getting the chance to vist.
can you get a second day cheaper if you want to vist twice?[/quote]
Mh. i can't remember seeing it advertised anywhere. But you can get a discount of 5 EUR if you stay on the campingsite or in one of their bungalows. you can also get the tickets at the informations where you check-in and don't have to wait at the park's gates for your tickets.

But a second day isn't really necessary IMO. Even if it's crowded you can do all coasters multiple times.
The last time i was there (august '05) it was pretty crowded because of a special event and the longest queue was about 45 minutes for Superman and La Via Volta (caused by a break-down).
everytime i visited the park before there was no queue longer than like 20 minutes. Nearly walk-ons most of the time. Even in the middle of summer or on the opening day.

Instead of a second day at Walibi World, i'd advise you to take the trip to Phantasialand which is only about two hours from Walibi World to ride their new B&M Inverted Coaster for 2006 :)
Image <---->Image
BlackHole2006

Hi Guys,

Just thought you would be interested to know that at Walibi World cars 1 and 9 on each train of their SLC has ben replaced with new Seats, here is what they look like.

It has been tested and apparently it's really good, no headbanging at all!

Hopefully other smaller parks will buy SLCs with the new trains, or parks that already have SLCs will get the new trains. So what do you think about them?

Cheers,
BlackHole2006
This is my dignature. For now.........
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

wern't they for the FSC?
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*