Flamingo Land

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
rayfromboro

On The 29th August along with FIVE & BLAZIN SQAUD it gets even worse DAMAGE
Season Passes
Flamingo Land 2002-PD
Lightwater Valley 2015-PD
Drayton Manor 2016

2017 Visits
FlamingoLand:4
LightwaterValley:2
FantasyIsland:3
BlackpoolPleasureBeach:1
rayfromboro

The Theme Park & Zoo Will Be Open Between The Hours Of 10am & 6pm, Followed By The Party In The Park On Riverside 1 Stage. The Fun Starts From 6pm With Mia & Mylo The Meerkats Entertaining Our Younger Guests, & The Bongo Warriors In The Farewell Show.
Come Along To See The Tribute Acts & Bands Throughout 2015 Between 6.30pm & 9.15pm.

26th September: CELEBRITY PARTY IN THE PARK (SHAYNE WARD)
Season Passes
Flamingo Land 2002-PD
Drayton Manor 2016

2017 Visits
rayfromboro

Saturday 24th October to Sunday 1st November

We’re keen for you to get the most out of nine days dedicated to fiendish family fun. So, we hope our fabulous 2-for-1-admission offer will make your visit even more enjoyable. Get one free entry with one full paying adult as long as at least one of you is dressed in full Halloween fancy dress costume.

This offer is only available for on-the-day admission. So, to enjoy a saving of £37.00, simply click on the link below and complete your details using Promotion Code SPOOKY15.

Something For Everyone…

In addition to our sensational theme park and award-winning zoo, there are a whole host of themed events, eerie-sistible Halloween menus at the Mansion House & Tea Rooms, Coach House Country Pub and Metropolis Bar & Grill, plus tricks and treats for you to enjoy each and every day.

Younger guests can hop aboard for a spooky indoor train ride down at Mischief Mansion or watch as some of our fantastic animals encounter a Halloween pumpkin, some for the very first time. Alternatively, slither on over to our Education Centre and meet some truly scary creatures or pick up a free Halloween Zoo Trail sheet!

Our meerkat mascots, Wizard Mylo and his accomplice Mia the Witch, will be providing spellbinding entertainment down at Riverside One. But beware; anyone fearless enough to return later in the day will bear whiteness to some truly terrifying live entertainment. So, if you dare visit our all-weather stage at 4:30pm, be prepared for our ‘Trick or Treat’ show, featuring an amazing live illusionist!

And, until 5:30pm each day, the fearless are invited to experience a truly unique sensation - A twilight ride on Hero, our truly breathtaking rollercoaster.

Don't Miss Our Spooktacular Firework Finale!

Then, at 5:45pm on All Hallows Eve (Saturday 31st October), marvel at our spooktacular ten-minute firework finale from Plaza Square, accompanied by haunting music!

Halloween Fancy Dress Competition

As part of our Halloween 2-for-1 admission offer, everyone attending Flamingo Land in full fancy dress will be eligible to enter our fiendish fancy dress competition. Held at 3:30pm each day in Riverside One, there’s the chance of winning a luxury off-peak short break holiday at Flamingo Land Resort in 2016.

What's On & Where... Riverside One - All Weather Stage
Mia & Mylo's Monster Mash Show: 12:15pm – 12:45pm & 4:00pm – 4:30pm
Fancy Dress Competition: 3:30pm – 4:00pm
Trick or Treat Show: 4:30pm – 5:30pm
Hero ('Fright at Twilight'Extended Opening) 10:00am – 5:30pm
For Younger Guests...
Education Centre Collect Your Spooky Zoo Trail Quiz Sheet: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Meet A ‘Spooky’ Creature Session: 3:00pm – 3:30pm
Season Passes
Flamingo Land 2002-PD
Drayton Manor 2016

2017 Visits
rayfromboro

The Theme Park & Zoo Will Be Open Between The Hours Of 10am & 6pm, Followed By The Party In The Park On Riverside 1 Stage. The Fun Starts From 6pm With Mia & Mylo The Meerkats Entertaining Our Younger Guests, & The Bongo Warriors In The Farewell Show.
Come Along To See The Tribute Acts & Bands Throughout 2016 Between 6.30pm & 9.15pm.

CELEBRITY PARTY IN THE PARK

26th March: (REGGIE N BOLLIE)
28th May: (BEN HAENOW & BAILEY Mc-CONNELL)
25th June: (TBC)
30 July: (TBC)
20th August: (TBC)
17th September: (TBC)
Season Passes
Flamingo Land 2002-PD
Drayton Manor 2016

2017 Visits
MakoMania

Well this is unexpected:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Burniel

That's quite a large area. Just to throw this out there: if we follow the recent investment patterns (2013 - Hero, 2009 - Mumbo Jumbo, 2006 - Kumali), they're arguably due a new coaster soon. Doubt that'd spring up over the next few months, but it's not impossible if it's on the scale of Hero or Mumbo Jumbo.

More likely it's some form of other family/family-thrill experience, but it's interesting to speculate.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
ThemeCrafter264

I thought it is go karts and a new monorail.
Wagstaff04

Hi everyone, 
So I’m probably going to Flamingo Land this summer, and I know there are some good and not so good rides, but I don’t know which ones. Could anyone tell me?
Robert.W

I'm gonna be honest here, I did Flamingo Land last year and after that, I wouldn't go back. As far as rides go, Kumali and Velocity will be two of the better ones to do. Mumbo Jumbo shut whilst we were queueing for it so we never got to do that but looked it pretty fun. Again another ride, Hero shut just before we were about to start queueing for it though I can't say it even looked appealing to ride to begin with. The Log Flume was also closed. :(
In terms of food, the Italian restaurant was brilliant and well worth a look when your down there, so that's at least one positive!

Mew

In my experience with Flamingo Land, the rides are usually open, but I guess it depends if you go on a good day or a bad day. Mumbo Jumbo and Velocity are my personal favourites, Kumali is ok, but nothing really special in my opinion. I personally hate Hero, but I'm not sure if that's just me. The Log Flume is quite a nice ride to go on as well if you're fine with getting wet. A lot of the rides there are more family friendly. You might want to go back through this thread to see if you can find any other people's opinions.
ScottLann

Why, why, why has this made it to the news!?

Coasters do this so often and I've been to Flamingo Land before when this has happened and nothing was made out of it. The media really mustn't understand how rides work that well.
Be Chosen - Join Us - You Better Not Go Alone - Assume The Position - Don't Look Down - Sit Back, It's Fright Time
Robert.W

Must of been a slow news day yesterday, if they're picking up on stories from two parks concerning their completely normal operations procedures.

Why do the British media have to hate theme parks so much!? :cry:

Wagstaff04

Finally got to Flamingo Land last week, and I definitely had lots of fun there the park is great and so are the rides. Here’s a review of the ones I did:
Mumbo Jumbo
Easily the best ride in the park. The drop and zero-g roll are my favourite parts, as the drop is just insane and the roll is so close to the ground. A little jolly at the end but otherwise perfectly smooth. Did this twice, as the first and last ride of the day in the front and back respectively, and I actually think it was better the first time, as it was more smooth. 
Kumali
The better of the two SLCs I’ve done. Much smoother than Odyssey and just as intense. Did this only once as the second ride. 
Hero
Ow. Wasn’t as horrifically bad as I thought it would be, but still horrifically bad. I didn’t find it that rattly, but it was very jolty and the bar across the front dug into the inside of my elbows for the whole ride. 
Velocity
Very good. It was a bit rattly, but the turns were incredible and it gave plenty of airtime. 
1. Mumbo Jumbo
2. Velocity
3. Kumali
4. Hero
AltonOperator

So Flamingo Land isn't far from me so they advertise it in the local paper and it confuses me why they promote Flamingo 1 so much. Its just a slot car thingy like autopia but they're saying one of the main reasons to visit is for their own racetrack. They're even saying stuff like 'Motorsport fans are in for a real treat' when actually the experience is not what they are looking for. surely its the coasters and kiddie rides that bring people in?
Thanks Jack
jackf1tz

They'll just want to be promoting their new ride, I get it all the time from them on the radio. It'll be back to normal in a couple years.
seanyboyuk

Flamingoland is lacking a big out and back style coaster. They have decent coasters but are too compact and short. Time to give us that woodie!!!
ATI

So there's this big rumour currently going about Flamingoland purchasing an Intamin 10 inversion Rev. B coaster, on social media and other sites.
We were born to fly...
GregH94

Kind of an interesting addition, when current record holder The Smiler’s only 2.5 hours away and the general public might believe Flamingo Land “copied” Thorpe...

If it was meant for Hopi Hari years ago I doubt it has lap bars either

EDIT: Turns out it does as it's a Rev.B model with an improved first drop! This could actually render Colossus redundant if this gets built
ewoodier82

I really hope this one is true, I'll have to pretend that Thorpe finally re-tracked Colossus when I'm on it.
Wagstaff04

I would also love this to happen. Not only because i only live an hour away or so and their last roller coaster was a Volare, but it could also mean Colossus could be forced to close, which could bring something even better to that area.