Flamingo Land

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
rosco1982uk

Anyone made the trip to flamingoland this year?

Been today -park was dead and everything was a walk on.

Went on Hero. Their new flying coaster.

My wife had to sit down coming off of it. Seriously - it's one VERY painful 45 second experience!
ponder

Yeah, it looks painful, which is never a good thing. Seems to have gone up without much fuss, too. I've never been to Flamingoland, but given they already have a compact coaster with tight turns and inversions in Mumbo Jumbo, it does seem like a strange investment to build another, albeit a 'flying' version.

Loop - Roller coaster and Theme Park inspired T-shirts
http://looptees.com / https://www.facebook.com/looptps
ukool

Been on this today, i kind of enjoyed the flying feeling to this ride, but my legs killed after getting off. They felt bruised!! Its a nice little ride for the park, but i doubt it will go on it again.
Luce

I went on Hero last month and was expecting it to be painful and rough but surprisingly, it wasn't too bad and I actually enjoyed it.  The flying position for me isn't as good as a B&M flyer which is understandable and certainly isn't quite as confortable but despite that, I got used to it and I think it's a nice addition to the park.
Jamie

I think it's a shame that they removed a perfectly good Wild Mouse coaster to put this in.
(Not that I have ridden it, but from reviews I won't be going out of my way to ride it anytime soon).
"ENTER VALHALLA!"
badlydrawnkel

Tooo painful!

Kelbel - Feedback Forum \'10
Street Lights

Due to the closure of the Futurist Theatre in scarborough, the council has put the land up for sale and flamingo land are interested. From what the concept designs show, there will be a water ride, a drop tower and an indoor facility.
Discuss.
RhysLocke444

Street Lights wrote:Due to the closure of the Futurist Theatre in scarborough, the council has put the land up for sale and flamingo land are interested. From what the concept designs show, there will be a water ride, a drop tower and an indoor facility.
Sounds like a rather strange proposal. In such a small space aswell, the likeliness of a full development is slim. Do you have any links to look at and/or sources? :)
RhysLocke444

Just looked it up and found this article by the BBC. That pretty much confirms their interest but it's still rather strange...http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-yo ... e-29708165" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ryan.B

A B&M Floorless compact and a Valhalla like cave attraction!
Adz
Admin
Admin

It's a load of crap sadly.

The site is tiny (I live round the corner from it) and Flamingoland are hardly known for their quality attractions. It doesn't feature a rollercoaster but rather a Tidal Wave style chutes ride as well as what appears to be either a clone of or a relocated Cliffhanger S&S Tower from Flamingoland.
Ryan.B

Meh, oh well I'd rather go on the tidal wave style ride than in the sea, I actually find Cliffhanger to be much better than other S&S towers!
Adz
Admin
Admin

The other ridiculous thing is Scarborough already has a fully functioning historical Water Chute ride in a park nearby this site and given a choice between the two I know which I'd pick.

Ryan.B

Where is that?! Must... Ride... Now!
Adz
Admin
Admin

AT lover wrote:Where is that?! Must... Ride... Now!
Adz wrote:Scarborough
;)

More: http://www.nbr.org.uk/things/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ryan.B

Might go there just for sky trail and that along with sea life! As for the development site if it is just a couple of rides at least I have rides closer to me, wouldn't like to go on a tidal wave clone on a old day, I can barely manage Valhalla in February but I still do it and freeze :lol
RhysLocke444

Adz wrote:It's a load of crap sadly.

The site is tiny (I live round the corner from it) and Flamingoland are hardly known for their quality attractions. It doesn't feature a rollercoaster but rather a Tidal Wave style chutes ride as well as what appears to be either a clone of or a relocated Cliffhanger S&S Tower from Flamingoland.
That's exactly what I thought to be fair haha but it's bad that it's being rumoured by reputable sites that there will be a rollercoaster if there turns out not to be one. That was my initial though that the site is tiny. All very strange!
stealthsmiler

Even if it is only small it is still a bit of income for the park, brings some publicity to the park and also the area and kinda gives a taster for people visiting Scarborough who might decide to go on the rides enjoy the visit and book to go to the main park. It also allows the park to do a deal thing between the parks to increase the number of visitors to both parks. IMO it is a good thing as Scarborough has lost it's pull factor (like Blackpool has, only worse) and this would help revive that. Plus if the tower is Cliffhanger relocated it could suggest a better development in the main park.

However the plans do seem a little optimistic for what looks like a relatively small space for rides.
daveclarkedaveclarke

This does look promising but id rather they developed the current park, does anyone know anything about a wooden coaster that has been rumored for 2016?
rayfromboro

2007: NOTHING
2008: Haunted Lighthouse
2009: Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs
2010: Sponge Bob Square Pants (Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs @ Easter)
2011: Sponge Bob Square Pants
2012: Happy Feet
2013: Happy Feet (Haunted Lighthouse @ Halloween)
2014: Happy Feet
2015: Haunted Lighthouse
Season Passes
Flamingo Land 2002-PD
Lightwater Valley 2015-PD
Drayton Manor 2016

2017 Visits
FlamingoLand:4
LightwaterValley:2
FantasyIsland:3
BlackpoolPleasureBeach:1