Flamingo Land

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
richard.davies.98871

I am sure it didn’t say this on the Roller Coaster Database a few days ago....https://rcdb.com/13811.htm
is there another one lying around somewhere no one knows about?
Shame, as would add to Flamingoland’s expanding offer and continue putting it on the map. Great park.
Swarm Chris

This planning permission all pretty much confirms that the 10 inversion coaster will be coming to Flamingo Land.
Robert.W

After my last visit I thought Mingo really lacked a stand out coaster. Velocity and Kumali are both pretty average, nothing special. Although I didn’t get to ride Mumbo Jumbo... or Hero for that matter, but I hear that’s stand out for all the wrong reasons.......

This might actually just tempt me to return. Emphasis on might. Because my last visit was pretty awful and ride availability was honestly shocking.

daveclarkedaveclarke

With this being my home park its exciting news. Never would I have thought this would ever come here. Do we have an idea on any theming?
Dan

daveclarkedaveclarke wrote:Do we have an idea on any theming?
The planning application hasn’t had any documents uploaded to it yet, so at this time there isn’t anything that would point towards any potential theme.
PhNx Survivor

I'm just looking forward to riding this coaster, and not having my shoulders hurt after with the new trains :lol

So apart from the first drop being different to Colossus, is there any other differences?
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Dan

PhNx Survivor wrote:So apart from the first drop being different to Colossus, is there any other differences?
As far as I’m aware, the only difference between Colossus and the newer versions of the layout, such as Altair, is the profiling of the first drop.
Swarm Chris

From the offride of Altair, it looks like there are really minor profiling changes in the last turn, which doesn't seem to raise like Colossus', and a slight left shuffle before the first corkscrew.

Everything looks so much smoother on Altair compared to Colossus. Now whether this thing will be as smooth, after being left disassembled in a hot and humid Malaysian field for a fair while, we shall see!
dazza4783

Dan wrote:
daveclarkedaveclarke wrote:Do we have an idea on any theming?
The planning application hasn’t had any documents uploaded to it yet, so at this time there isn’t anything that would point towards any potential theme.
I doubt there will be very much in the way of theming. From that document it appears that the ride will be called "Inversion" so whatever theme they can make of that.
dazza4783

Sorry for the double post, but we have confirmation.

Full documents added to application.
PhNx Survivor

That first drop though..

Very juicy!!
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Dom

It's not the best picture as I failed to get any of the actual area when I visited last weekend, but if you look closely you can see groundwork has already started on their new coaster.

Swarm Chris

Feels odd to see this view in red and yellow.

Source
theparklifekid

Hmmmmmmmmmmm
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Swarm Chris

Everytime I look I see a new issue. So far I've got:

1. Unsupported end of track piece
2. Wrong support placed which;
a. Has a connection to the left side that won't be used.
b. The bit that is connected leaves zero clearance for the train.
3. The support appears to be strapped in at least two places.
4. There's random track just dumped next to it.

So, going about as well as expected for a roller coaster left dumped in an extremely humid field for many years.
abigsmurf

I'd hope that other support has just been left upright to prevent it warping from being laid flat on the ground. But yeah, unless that photo is foreshortening things, it looks like anyone with their arm out to that side will finish the ride without it...
Owen

And we have our first look at the train, as provided by Thrill Nation!

Dom

God i really hope there is more leg room on these trains than there is on Colossus :lol
Swarm Chris

They look like someone has designed them, not just slapped some seats on metal, so there's a reasonable chance they will. :lol
Chris
Admin
Admin

Does anyone else think that green just does not go with the rest of the colour scheme? :lol