Flamingo Land

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.

Just been announced that Flamingo land are selling alot of rides, including their 3 major coasters to fund a massive redevelopment of the park to give it themed areas and permanent rides.

Don't know whether this has been put up before - so apologies if it has. :)
Martin1

do you know what other rides there getting rid off and the ones there bringing in?
Roose

Mostley all of there fun fair rides are going plus The Bulett and Magnum Force.
Martin1

and will they make alot of money from this and get alot of new rides ? brill hope they will
Phantom

Yeah i think it's Magnum Force and Corkscrew and i think it's to make way for a wooden coaster
Gerstlauer Fanboy <3
Northern_Rider

Magnum Force
The Bullet
Thunder Mountain
UFO
Sky Flyer
Tri-Star
Go Karts (removed last season)
Ghost Train (in storage)

Great move for the park and im pretty sure it wont be too difficult selling all them rides off to smaller parks. The park needs to get away from that 'rides dumped on concrete' image that they had only a couple of seasons ago.

Recently with Terroriser, Cliff Hanger and Lost River we have seen an influx of more permenant theme park rides. Selling these rides would free up huge amounts of space.

Currently FL spend around £5m each year on new rides and improving the zoo, add the money they will receive from selling them rides and that gives them a fair amount to spend. Add a couple of flat rides, a small coaster and a fairly large coaster in the next 2/3 years and the park will be that much more better.
Martin1

do you know how many rides there actually getting whn they get rid of these rides?
Martin1

also are they getting rid of them in stages or all at once?
Alex.

I hope They get something better Than terroriser.
HOW PAINFULL??????
Martin1

[quote=""Northern_Rider""]

Recently with Terroriser, Cliff Hanger and Lost River we have seen an influx of more permenant theme park rides. Selling these rides would free up huge amounts of space.

.[/quote]
they aint sellin them are they?
Northern_Rider

no just the rides i put on the list.
also are they getting rid of them in stages or all at once?
No idea, just all up for sale. Would make sense to sell them over a period of say 2 seasons otherwise there would be a huge lack of rides if all were sold in the same year.
Martin1

phew best rides are staying
it wud make sense like yyou say about the lack of rides do you know what rides they will be getting instead?
Northern_Rider

I rekon Bullet will defo go at the end of the season and magnum the season after, as i said before if the park went a year without all the rides i listed above then the park would look very empty.

No idea what kind of rides they would get, but they will be more upmarket than whats currently there.

Interesting times indeed, in 3/4 years it will be one of the best parks in the country and the zoo is quite impressive now.
Martin1

cant wait to go again when all this development has been done will be a great place to go are they geting new rides at the end of this season?
spinwhizzer

I know that next season, and maby the one after will focus on the lost kingdom, and I think it will include a big coaster at some point! :D
Northern_Rider

Yeah they did say on that Theme Park program on ITV that the lost kingdom is the main area at the moment and the park is edging towards an 'adventure' feeling.

With animals in that area though i cant see where any new rides will go until Magnum Force is removed.

The park badly needs to sort out the Corkscrew area though, thats the area of the park that lets it down badly.
Alex.

They need to get re-do the Thunder mountain area because I allways think off that area as the "messy" part of the park.I think the cliffhanger area is brilliantly themed and should stay as it is.
evil cod

Seems like a step in the right direction for the park as there new THEMED rides are great and this will leave room and money for more! YAY!
But I hope they dont go all at once as thats a very empty park left (see modified park map below)
Link
Northern_Rider

Well the map shows us a few things.

Plenty of space to build a coaster or a couple of flat rides in place of where Sky Flyer / Top Gun are currently standing.

Magnum leaving would free up a decent amount of space for maybe a new rollercoaster?
Martin1

well whatever they get rid of they will replace with evan better rollercoasters to replace them and better flat rides maybe