Flamingo Land

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
clayj

Benjsh wrote: Planning on going for first time in nearly a decade this summer. We're looking at a 1 night 2 day visit. 2hr drive for us from Manchester so not too bad.

The park looks to have come on loads recently. Really looking forward to it.
it has.... I remember going as a child & it was basically slabs of concrete with tame standard off the shelf rides with no attempt at themeing... When I went last year, they have really bucked their ideas up & although most of the rides are off the shelf, they do their best too theme them & also create themed areas to the park. The Zoo also has gone under great transformation as again, it use to be concrete pits with animals in :(
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
Benjsh

The Themeing looks to be getting there though. Not perfect but at least they are thinking that way like you say. Looking at the park map......it's starting to look like a really good park. Plenty of thrills and family attractions.

I think it's still lacking a signature coaster though. Sure Mumbo, Kumali and Velocity all look quality but they aren't iconic like Nemesis at AT, TBO at BPB, Ultimate at LWV or Shockwave at DMP. When you think of those 4 parks......you immediately think of those 4 rides.

I'd love them to build a really top notch signature coaster before the end of the decade. It would finish off a nice collection of coasters.
TomL

Some images from Flamingoland's Twitter and Facebook of this years new attractions

Hero - The new Zamperla Volvare currently under construction

Twistosaurus - Zamperla Junior Spinning coaster which opened last saturday (25th)

fpjonesy85

Hero - the lift hill / twist is now at its full height with the track fitted and the station supports are in place. there is lots more parts ready to be fitted this week. dose anyone know a date for hero to open ?
Benjsh

fpjonesy85 wrote: Hero - the lift hill / twist is now at its full height with the track fitted and the station supports are in place. there is lots more parts ready to be fitted this week. dose anyone know a date for hero to open ?
They haven't announced one yet as far as I know. Just that it WILL OPEN in JULY.

You'd think they want to open to maximize of school holidays so I imagine it will open mid - late July.
Sam198

<3

Anyways...

In my experience with Volares, they're one of those rides (annoyingly) that enthusiasts such as ourselves will quite rightly despise, yet the majority of the GP will just think "Wow, cool!" and love it - much like Saw.
Pennywise

It looks pretty though, so I'm sold. :P
fpjonesy85

Here is a video of Twistosaurus.......
daveclarkedaveclarke

fpjonesy85 wrote: Here is a video of Twistosaurus.......
I went on this last week with 3 other friends its a fun little addition to the park, we got two circuits not sure if this is the norm or because it was quiet but a creds a cred ;)
fpjonesy85

As far as I know its staying as a 2 round trip.
bensaund

It looks like a pants ride, I hope Alton don't install one of these
If you go down to the woods today
A

bensaund wrote: It looks like a pants ride, I hope Alton don't install one of these
What do you expect? It's a kiddie coaster (something that alton badly needs). I think alton could learn a few lessons about their own kiddie market from the development of the dino-stone park.
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P
fpjonesy85

Hero is not far from finished and flamingo land have still yet to give out an open date and that's if they do,
Hero Construction Timeline www.flamingopics.co.uk/new-hero&nbsp;
Benjsh

For a Volare, it actually looks okayish. Far from the worst of it's type. However, I'm willing to put money on the fact it rides horribly though.

However, I'll still be making a trip over summer. Not been to the park in years.
dazza4783

Hero has opened. Here is a POV and offride video.

Danny

After watching that video I must say I'm very impressed. It looks fast, smooth and enjoyable and for a lower budget theme park it's very good!
Bubbaride

I went on hero today and must say I deeply regretted it... 1st of all I felt as if I was going to fall out, mainly because your feet on the mini ladders are what hold you in and 2nd it is the most painful ride I have ever been on.. I have come away with bruises on my shoulders because of how rough and insecure i was in this "metal cage"

However I do love the dinosaur area addition, was great fun! and actually quiet well themed
A

Anyone else find the name a bit ironic? Sounds like you have to be a hero to ride it :?
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P
themealgang

These negative comments don't surprise me. Zamperla Volare's are actually extremely horrible to ride. I rode the one at Coney Island in New York last year, and even though the coaster is small, I have never been more petrified climbing up that spiral lift. It really does feel like your feet on that ladder is the only thing that is keep you in place and when you go through the inversions, your whole body moves which makes the ride scary for all of the wrong reasons.

It's a shame as the coaster is actually very well presented. Any idea how it's going down with the public?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Rob
Admin
Admin

Bubbaride wrote: I went on hero today and must say I deeply regretted it... 1st of all I felt as if I was going to fall out, mainly because your feet on the mini ladders are what hold you in and 2nd it is the most painful ride I have ever been on.. I have come away with bruises on my shoulders because of how rough and insecure i was in this "metal cage"

However I do love the dinosaur area addition, was great fun! and actually quiet well themed
Oh you wanna try any of the coasters at m&d's, now that's pain!