Flamingo Land

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Magical Ryan

Mumbo Jumbo, or mumbojumbo is an English phrase or expression that denotes a confusing or meaningless subject.
Thats what I get from this ride name, :?
Ollie

Me likes :D

Hopefully it'll coincide with the Kumali/African Theme though.
Ash

I like that name! :)

Gets across the point of the ride goes in all directions, and also it sounds sort of African with Jumbo sounding much like Jambo what is the word for Hello in many african countries i believe
DomB

[quote=""Ash""]I like that name! :)

Gets across the point of the ride goes in all directions, and also it sounds sort of African with Jumbo sounding much like Jambo what is the word for Hello in many african countries i believe[/quote]

It does definately make it seem like it could go everywhere, a bit of a mad ride.. which, I believe S&S El loco's are.

Also...
Mumbo Jumbo is a noun and is the name of a grotesque idol said to have been worshipped by some tribes. In its figurative sense, Mumbo Jumbo is an object of senseless veneration or a meaningless ritual.
So definately fits with the african theme as well. so... I like it.
Nathan

The word/phrase Mumbo Jumbo is certainly funky and fun but I just don't think it suits a ride such as El Loco. I was hoping they'd go with a more darker and fearsome approach the ride - they've went the complete opposite.

Anyway, here's what the cars will look like. I like them.

Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

Mumbo Jumbo - For the WIN!! Love the name and where it's being situated fits nicely with the African Theme. :D

It will be interesting to see how the Slammer/Rush restraints feel on a coaster.
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Quickey

Love that name… and love the cars!

Hopefully they are going to theme this ride well, as it has the potential to be a very nice looking ride.
Rob L

I'm liking the name Mumbo Jumbo, it fits in with the African theme and is a fun name, and this looks like it could be a fun coaster. The trains look good as well so I'd say so far so good. :D

Dee4leeds

I can't decide about the name yet.

But We all know it's just going to be a big rock for themeing. :lol:
Ollie

This looks really good.

In all honesty I'm looking foward to this more than Saw: The Ride!

:P
jonathan leake

is it going to be the same layout as steal hawgs?
Quickey

I think from what I have heard, it is going to be slightly bigger and longer.
Spike

[quote=""jonathan leake""]is it going to be the same layout as steal hawgs?[/quote]

I personally would say yes, mainly because it costs alot of money to extend a ride as it needs a prototype to be built and tested before S&S will allow it to go on sale. I think the off the shelf design will be the one they get and we may see some variations of the layout appear in the near future.

I could be wrong though and they may have a few designs in their portfolio. :)
*Honest Cint!*
AstroDan

I dislike the name. The first thing I thought when I heard "Mumbo Jumbo" regardless of the tribal meanings, immediately stands out as a kiddie ride to me. Maybe they are trying to keep the Chav's away. Flip Flop and Mumbo Jumbo are both daft names if you ask me. Shame they couldn't keep on with the naming after animals theme (like Kumali).

The restraints look like Slammer's! I hope it's comfy.

:)
Spike

[quote=""Cont. Yates""]I dislike the name. The first thing I thought when I heard "Mumbo Jumbo" regardless of the tribal meanings, immediately stands out as a kiddie ride to me. Maybe they are trying to keep the Chav's away. Flip Flop and Mumbo Jumbo are both daft names if you ask me. Shame they couldn't keep on with the naming after animals theme (like Kumali).

The restraints look like Slammer's! I hope it's comfy.

:)[/quote]

Well in my humble and honest opinion the relevance of the name in terms of the theme is very good, and I think it's adds nicely to the theme, it's a quirky and catchy name and at least it represents the ride well unlike Blue Fire. :whistle:
Last edited by Spike on Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Honest Cint!*
AstroDan

Yes, because Blue Fire would be a stupid name for a ride in an African area.

Please make your posts count, Spike.
Spike

[quote=""Cont. Yates""]Yes, because Blue Fire would be a stupid name for a ride in an African area.

Please make your posts count, Spike.[/quote]

Ever so sorry, I have elaborated on my post further in keeping with the topic, god forbid anyone say anything bad about Europa. :roll:
*Honest Cint!*
Craig

Spike, Dan was making a very valid point. You simply used a topic about Flamingo to slate Europa. There was no reference to FL's new ride in your original post.

Can we get back to Flamingoland discussion now though please, if you wish to discuss the issue further please speak to myself or Dan personally :D
Nathan

[quote=""Spike""][quote=""jonathan leake""]is it going to be the same layout as steal hawgs?[/quote]

I personally would say yes, mainly because it costs alot of money to extend a ride as it needs a prototype to be built and tested before S&S will allow it to go on sale. I think the off the shelf design will be the one they get and we may see some variations of the layout appear in the near future.

I could be wrong though and they may have a few designs in their portfolio. :)[/quote]

Mumbo Jumbo is taller and has a steeper drop than Steel Hawq. :)
Johno

I agree with Spike that the name does have relevance to an African theme, and gives a sense of confusion that the ride will actually have.

Giving the example of 'Blue Fire' was tbh perfectly acceptable, as the name doesn't suggest much about the ride itself.