Gardaland

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Con

We are going to Milan over easter and are planning a day at Gardaland. Anyone got any tips about it?

LONG POSTS GIVE ME HEADACHES
TenZero

I went last year, its a good park but it can get quite busy. I recommend Atlantis and Blue Tornado.
Green.Wing

Just too let you know Gardaland is owned by Merlin the owners of tussauds so expect an ace park :D
Nemair

Don't do Sequioa Adventure. As tempting and querky as it looks don't! The Queue is always massive and slow and the ride is a waste of time. Although do everthing else :D
john broom

Have any of you been to Gardaland in Italy. I went last week - it was fantastic, there's live entertainment every half hour.

Dolphin show, the western show, theater show, the ice show, the puppet show and lots more. The ice show was fantasic - all I can say is Alton Towers can learn a lot from Gardaland and Merlin.

[Edit: If you have difficulty with spell checking, why not try the SpellCheck facility :) ]
AstroDan

Moved from AT General. :)

Incidentally - Gardaland does look like a promising theme park, although Alton Towers' portfolio of rides themselves does look better. However from the entertainment point of view, there is no comparison which appears the better park and I hope AT use this to their advantage.
Redcoat Jase

It does seem that Merlin are alot more spot on as regards to Entertainment, I wouldn't be surprised if we see an improvement of offerings as of next season! :)
...is no longer a member of TowersTimesForum
Coaster Neil

The ice show was fantasic - all I can say is Alton Towers can learn a lot from Gardaland and Merlin.
I think I'm right in saying that the extensive range of shows at Gardaland were there when Merlin took over. It's great that Merlin have kept them, but it's early days... I agree though, they are fantastic. When I went the merchandise was also very good compared to Alton Towers, and it seemed like better value. As Dan says the rides themselves aren't as good as AT (although as you might expect given the climate, water rides are definately better), so if these bits of 'magic' go, I don't know how good it would be then.
Ash

Hey,

If you can go and look up this ride on google, youtube, rcdb.

It looks incredible!

Like a mini Expedition Everest, now why cant Alton have rides like this!?
Johno

To be honest I don't think it looks that good.

Runaway Mine Train looks just as good, although RMT is much smaller I think.
Mankey

Is it going to be themed at all?

From the pics ive seen, it reminds me a bit of BRMX (or should i say Knightmare now :lol:)

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
Skumfidus

The sections between lift hills are a bit short. But i suppose all that energy used pummeling poor riders to death will slow that fooker rate down!

I don't really like mutiple lift hills, IMHO they're worse then MCBRs, especially with a ride like that which with better design wouldn't need one, yet could still keep it's pace.

I think Vekoma sit-downs are a bit old hat, if it wasn't for some of the most amazing mad-houses in the universe i'd spit....yet I feel corkscrew may have permanantly damaged my saliva glands, along with the rest of my frail, lithe body.
Sir John Talbot

Like a mini Expedition Everest, now why cant Alton have rides like this!?
It's looking more and more likely that Alton Towers, in the future, could have rides like this, being in the same company as Gardaland and all.

Theming is the key aspect here - and the theming is on the par with Disney I feel.
oldgitBEN

the theming on that is wonderful, i really think that looks good. Its quite a long ride too - dead chuffed. Would love to see something like this at alton.
DanB

[quote=""W*nkeyMankey""]Is it going to be themed at all?

[/quote]

Check out the video as it shows the theming
Johno

Can someone post a link to a video that everyone else is looking at?
Mankey

Yeah i'd like to echo that... i've been looking on RCDB, no theming in the pics at all

EDIT: Found a POV Clicky

Looks like fun... quite a long ride :) and yes... the theming is pretty awsome :D

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

WHAT!! Am I looking at the same ride here because all I saw was a 3 lift Vekoma mine train which there are 4 off. One of which is Big Thunder Mountain @ Disney and one is Colorado Adventure @ Phantasia, both of which are themed 10 times better than that. I saw tin sheds covered in non-realistic rock and no surrounding theming. :P
Last edited by Spike on Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Rob L

Looks like a good ride, the theming is top class and the ride wouldn't look that good without it. With Merlin owning Alton Towers and Gardaland hopefully we will see some theming this good on the next coaster at Alton. :)

Johno

I'm confused?

It looks a bit rocky but that's it?!