Gardaland

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The helix was completed today, and the entrance to the second inversion is also in place.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Inline twist complete. Not sure if the rest of the track has also been put in place.

Danny

Haha not very inline is it? :lol
Alex

Looks more zero g
NemesisRider

Well we now have the world's first dive coaster to do a zero G roll/ inline twist...
nemefan08

Nice to see b and m are expanding on one of the most arguably hardest coaster types to be unique with in the world. :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Another video has been added to the minisite, with the excavation of some of the tracks surrounding the station building - they are supposedly self-building.

Over at the actual construction site some sort of structure is being constructed around the bottom of the exit from the Immelmann, which I assume is part of the ride's theming.

sw7nutter

Ewww its just so ugly. I think someone must have had some trouble with no limits 2 and adjusting the colour options.
palaydion

I think from what I've seen it's quite a nice colour to me,however I can see it going a yellow colour in later years...
Credit Lewis97

palaydion

Sorry to double post but a new video has been posted on the site which some what references oblivion... It's a longer video as well :yes:
Credit Lewis97

Capt.Barnacles

Link?
palaydion

Dan C wrote:Link?
Here is the link to the videos

http://www.gardaland2015.it/en/operatio ... -structure" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Credit Lewis97

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Spirals and the mention of correction and oblivion. The unoriginality persists.
Altonboy001

Names =Either The Spiral or The Enigma
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Gardaland posted the following image on their Facebook page, it looks as though the train will have a similar colour scheme to Oblivion's. There are also rumours that this ride will also be called Oblivion as this was the name given to the project in a Merlin presentation (page 16) a few months ago.

[align=center]Image[/align]
Jack

European Six Flags? I think so…
NemesisRider

Please Merlin... Don't call this ride Oblivion.

I sincerely hope Merlin aren't getting lazy with themes and ride names. Oblivion is a big and unique ride, not something that can be "ripped off" at a moments notice.

Next thing we know they'll be rumours their next ride will be called "Nemesis"...
themealgang

Whilst all of this marketing is very glossy and engaging, it's not original. We've seen it all before with The Smiler, Sub Terra and... Oblivion. I also heard the news before Christmas that if rumours are to be believed, they are naming it after its older British brother which made me cringe and laugh at the same time.

It almost screams Oblivion too with the same font style and more worryingly, the iconic orange arrow also making an appearance. Somewhat shocking when you consider this is obviously a new generation of B&M Dive Machine. One thing to remember in Britain, we did it first and will always do it the best. =P~

That aside, the physical ride does look rather good. Nice to see B&M are expanding their inversion range too with the twist before the break run. It will be fun to see the large Dive Machine trains traverse that manoeuvre. I still think there's something about the original Oblivion that will always have an edge. As someone that rode Krake last year, Oblivion seemed to have so much force compared to its younger cousins....
Danny

themealgang wrote:Whilst all of this marketing is very glossy and engaging, it's not original. We've seen it all before with The Smiler, Sub Terra and... Oblivion. I also heard the news before Christmas that if rumours are to be believed, they are naming it after its older British brother which made me cringe and laugh at the same time.

It almost screams Oblivion too with the same font style and more worryingly, the iconic orange arrow also making an appearance. Somewhat shocking when you consider this is obviously a new generation of B&M Dive Machine. One thing to remember in Britain, we did it first and will always do it the best. =P~

That aside, the physical ride does look rather good. Nice to see B&M are expanding their inversion range too with the twist before the break run. It will be fun to see the large Dive Machine trains traverse that manoeuvre. I still think there's something about the original Oblivion that will always have an edge. As someone that rode Krake last year, Oblivion seemed to have so much force compared to its younger cousins....
This Dive Machine has the smaller trains same as Krake, so you won't be seeing the bigger trains going through that zero g.
themealgang

DannyG wrote:
themealgang wrote:Whilst all of this marketing is very glossy and engaging, it's not original. We've seen it all before with The Smiler, Sub Terra and... Oblivion. I also heard the news before Christmas that if rumours are to be believed, they are naming it after its older British brother which made me cringe and laugh at the same time.

This Dive Machine has the smaller trains same as Krake, so you won't be seeing the bigger trains going through that zero g.
They are still some of the largest in B&Ms catalogue. Nice to see something new on the Dive Machine aside from that immelmann