Dreamland Margate

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Adz
Admin
Admin

I have reason to believe that "www.coasterforce.com" also is not actually part of the CF team and is simply here to stir up trouble. Mark, could you shed some light on this?
Coaster Neil

Cheers,

The was someone doing something similar on another forum. They kept boasting about how many members their forum had, how many times the Coaster Force videos had been downloaded.

Actually there are two topics on Dreamland. The general one which is 'stickied' and this Coaster Force topic. Perhaps this could be moved to the advertising section as surely it shouldn't be in this area? probably something else that this troll (if I can call them that) has done.
Adz
Admin
Admin

I can do even better, merged them! :)
Coaster Neil

I hope no one thinks I'm trying to play 'moderator', but it seems that some troll has moved another Dreamland topic into the 'other UK parks' section. As a Save Dreamland member I think it would be good if people could continue using this thread rather than the other one which seems to be stealing the traffic. Stickying this topic is Towers Times main effort to help the campaign, and as such it seems that this is being thrown back in the moderators faces. It would be a shame if this topic was then 'unstickied' thanks to some trolls. I hope this message makes some kind of sense.
Neil
Adz
Admin
Admin

Yup all dreamland discussion can continue in this topic. :)

If you notice any stray topics on this subject floating around the forum feel free to PM me and i'll join them up into this one.
Anonymous

Glad all this has been sorted! MarkCF has said he's the point of contact regarding the Save Dreamland documentary and any collaborative CF/Dreamland work. I think it's fair to say that anyone other than him making any claims on behalf of CF or the Save Dreamland campaign is just a troublemaker and should be completely ignored.

It is very interesting however, the lengths 'someone' seems to be going to, in order to discredit the campaign and all those associated with it.
Coaster Neil

I agree, it is very interesting and very convenient for a certain group of people (a certain group who want Dreamland redeveloped). Anyhow this forum shouldn't turn into a discussion about Coaster Force, as at the end of the day the Save Dreamland Campaign is helped by a lot of people and I feel this may also annoy certain groups of people, particualrly as CF haven't helped for that long.

If Dreamland is save it will be saved by the SD campaign which is aided by a lot of other organisations. Sarah Vickery doesn't keep saying that the Shell Grotto is a partner of the campaign to gain publicity, but instead she seems to see herself as part of the campaign (and rightly so). The ECC and RCCGB don't call themselves partners, but instead do little to draw attention to their continuing efforts. Coaster Force is indeed supporting a worthy cause, but if people are trying to weaken their image then they need to prevent giving forum trolls with sinister motives easy oppotunities. I do have reliable information saying that someone genuinely from coaster force was boasting about the number of times the SD video was downloaded on another forum. While I fully support all CF efforts, people can see for themselves how many times it's been downloaded. I think we all apprechiate the work CF is doing, and constant self gratulating will only give oppotunity to these trolls to jump on the band wagon and maybe gain some credablility.

I suppose what I'm saying is that people are more observant that you might immediately think. Saying things like:
Some of you may also know that Dreamland is currently under threat of permanent closure for redevelopment!
may seem a little patronising. Of course some of us have heard that Dreamland may be redeveloped. There has been a 'stickied topic' for long enough. I'm sure it's unintentional, but suggesting that a portion of Towers Times members might just know that Dreamland could be redeveloped also suggests that we haven't until now been doing much to help. Needless to say some of us have done a heck of a lot to help. As I say it may just be me, and I'm sure it's unintntional, but CF posts have been giving the impression that CF has done a lot more to help that anyone else.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant and honestly I do apprechiate the CF efforts.
Thanks
Anonymous

OK ok, I really wasn't intending to get peoples backs up with this.

I certainly didn't intend to sound patronising in any ways.

The term "joined forces" simply meant in terms of the documentary. I spent a lot of time (with the Nick's, Sarah's and Dave's help) preparing for it and everything. It was simply meant as we had teamed up to bring people the documentary etc etc.

I have made reference to how many people have downloaded. SImply because I am trying to gauge how many people are looking at it, whether these are from Forum members or external sources etc etc. It isn't so much boasting but more glee at the fact it is getting exposure and people are watching it.

Adz, I can assure you that www.coasterforce.com is not a member of the CF team and has nothing to do with us.
Coaster Neil

Hi Mark,

Thanks for clearing that up and good luck with your future efforts. No one else has said anything so perhaps it was just me that found it patronising.
Neil

Edit: In response to a PM I've got I'd just like to clarify that my earlier posts were based on the climate at the time. Clearly some trolls seemed to be manilpulating things and although perhaps I should have guessed, I said things based on what seemed to be happening. I'm sorry if I have offended anyone.
Neil
Anonymous

Congratulations to MarkCF (I'm assuming it was you) and the campaign for the great work done on this weekend's Preston Rally.

Perhaps this is the formation point of the first ever Dreamland boyband!

:D
Anonymous

Woah woah woah.

This was all the Campaigns work. I was offered the chance to go along and help out and so I did.

But yeah, that is me on the left.

It went really well and we all managed to get a massive amount of people interested and signed up in support of the campaign!
Anonymous

For anyone interested in Dreamland's 'Scenic Railway', the oldest operating Roller Coaster in the UK, there is a programme on Channel 4 on Monday 18th September.

Taken from the Save Dreamland website.

"A brand new documentary about Dreamland's Scenic Railway will air on Channel 4 this coming Monday, 18 September 2006. Part of the popular Seaside Secrets series, the programme is called 'The Ups and Downs of the Scenic' and tells the story of this historic ride. Presented by Tony Livesey, editor-in-chief and managing director of the Daily Sport and Sunday Sport newspapers, presenter of the BBC Radio Lancashire breakfast show and sports reporter on BBC North West Tonight, the programme is understood to include interviews with Dreamland operator George Webb, Save Dreamland Campaigner Nick Laister and Dreamland historian Mick Tomlinson. The programme airs at 1.20pm - set your video recorders!"
Anonymous

Woo! Double post! :D/

Here's a link to the Scenic Railway documentary, which is about ten minutes long and well worth a look.

clicky
bushboy2

http://www.chris-dawson.info/Loopingstar.zip

Just wanted to post my newest creation in No Limits. Its a recreation of the amazing Looping Star from Dreamland, Margate.

Opened in 1981 until 1994, this coaster was my first looping coaster and one of my all time favourites. Schwarzkopf managed to squeeze an 80ft drop, vertical loop and 2000ft of track into a compact and portable layout.

Ive tried to be as acurate as possible with the supports. ive studied photos to get them right but some are guess work due to a lack of decent photos to look through. The track layout is very acurate with the height, length and speed being spot on.

http://www.chris-dawson.info/Loopingstar.zip

Any comments or feedback would be awsome :D
bushboy2

Funily enough I rode the one at loudoun castle when it was based at Dreamland. :D Its alot of fun, the bottom of the turn out of the loop is very tight! Some very nice Gs 8)

I used to love this coaster. I think I must have first rode it around 1990/1. It was my first looping coaster. Also, the ladybird coaster at Dreamland was my first ever coaster :D Dreamland has alot of memories for me. Its such a shame to see it in the state is it today.
Sanbrooke Productions

Great recreation ,best ive seen of that ride. The ride is ace. :D
Bolton Warrior

Well done, that is fantastic :D
seanyboyuk

i miss the tower of terror at camelot!
the castle around the loop added some disorientation!
Dr Pop Rocket

Great recreation! Although I never got to experience this paticular Looping Star I did manage to get a fair few rides on the last incarnation of Looping Star before it's removal in 2002. Such a shame Dreamland has turned out the way it has, although I look forward to the heritage park, even though the park deserves and could do far better.

Look forward to any other recreations you may possibly do in the future. :)
Quickey

That is really sad. :(

That thing was one of my first coasters. I would sit on that thing for hours while my dad stood at the exit of the ride. :(