Winter Wonderland - Hyde Park London

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Anonymous

Ok think i've made up my mind

I'm going to head down to London Victoria on 31st December VERY early in the morning. Get there and head over to hyde park for the day. After dinner, check into my hotel. Have a drink then back to hyde park. Then after some more viewing around central london. Go for something to eat and head to the london eye for around 8-9pm ? Then just enjoy the view and the day, take pictures and wait for the fireworks display.

If anyone is going to london on the NYE. Let me know and we can meet up for a drink or something :)

Hopefully choosing this over alton towers will be a good choice this year!
Adz
Admin
Admin

You will need to get to the London Eye around 7 at the latest in order to get a decent view...

The viewing areas fill up very quickly and get closed off by around 9/10 and then no one can get anywhere near the eye.
Anonymous

Thanks for that. Will keep it in mind! I'll be wrapping up nice and warm me thinks! :D
Anonymous

Now on site:-

Music Express (Germany)
Spuk Ghost Train (Holland, Picture Below)

Rowe

TTF mini meet, anyone? :P
Anonymous

[quote=""Rowe""]TTF mini meet, anyone? :P[/quote]
I'm up for this if your going new years eve? :)
maguire245

A date is yet to be arranged for when I'm attending but as soon as I know i'll post it.

Build up photos can be found here
Fotopic Fair Rides K&L
YouTube 245thegreat
DiogoJ42

[quote=""kryn""]Now on site:-

Music Express (Germany)
Spuk Ghost Train (Holland, Picture Below)

Image[/quote]
Wooo! I remember seeing a photo of that ghost train ages ago and thinking "dang that looks cool"

Any further decision on a meet? I doubt I will be in town for new year.
Anonymous

Update:

I'm also going 25th November for one night.

Message me if your going then :)
Anonymous

The Schwarzkopf "Bayern Curve" is now at Winterwonderland..

[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url]
Anonymous

Lol kryn.

I'm going hyde park and o2 arena next wednesday and thursday. Stopping in central london 2mins from victoria station. WIN!
Woodpecker

Bayern Curve doesn't look very exciting for a 5 minute ride.
maguire245

If everything goes to plan I should be attending on the [s:3vug5tbc]28th Nov[/s:3vug5tbc], PM me if you'd like to meet up, bear in mind I'll be with family, your welcome to walk around with me

:boogy:

---- Post Info Added ----

The above date has changed, I will be going early December.
Fotopic Fair Rides K&L
YouTube 245thegreat
Miles Hi

Does anybody know what the prices are?
Is there a single price to go on everything or do you have to pay on each ride?
Anonymous

[quote=""Miles Hi""]Does anybody know what the prices are?
Is there a single price to go on everything or do you have to pay on each ride?[/quote]
Free to get in and browse around anything.

From what i can see, but don't quote me on this, it's around £4 per ride on the fair. But you can just pay on the day for most things! (if not all :))
Miles Hi

It would be good if there was a price to go on everything, like a wristband or something.

I can see there´s a 20 pound one for theO2 christmas fair
Woodpecker

Is there a single price to go on everything or do you have to pay on each ride?[/quote]

I went there today to have a look around. It's pay-per-ride (no all-day wristbands) and tokens are £2 each. The rides are expensive: mostly £8 a go, with the Euro "Christmas" coaster (Inverted Wild Mouse) costing £10 a go! :shock: This is up on last year's average of £4 with the coaster at £6 - apparently the showmen aren't aware of the financial recession.
maguire245

All price information can be found here.

I'm sure you'll want to do the wheel and ice rink, if not you must be crazy :mrgreen:

Yes I'm aware that individual ride prices are not listed, but expect to pay around £5 for a ride.
Fotopic Fair Rides K&L
YouTube 245thegreat
Anonymous

[quote=""Woodpecker""][quote=""Miles Hi""]Does anybody know what the prices are?

I went there today to have a look around. It's pay-per-ride (no all-day wristbands) and tokens are £2 each. The rides are expensive: mostly £8 a go, with the Euro "Christmas" coaster (Inverted Wild Mouse) costing £10 a go! :shock: This is up on last year's average of £4 with the coaster at £6 - apparently the showmen aren't aware of the financial recession.[/quote]

This is a joke! £10 a go for a ride! lol

And the €urocoaster doesnt invert...

Just been told Coaster was £5 not £10 so meh
Anonymous

[quote=""kryn""][quote=""Woodpecker""][quote=""Miles Hi""]Does anybody know what the prices are?

I went there today to have a look around. It's pay-per-ride (no all-day wristbands) and tokens are £2 each. The rides are expensive: mostly £8 a go, with the Euro "Christmas" coaster (Inverted Wild Mouse) costing £10 a go! :shock: This is up on last year's average of £4 with the coaster at £6 - apparently the showmen aren't aware of the financial recession.[/quote]

This is a joke! £10 a go for a ride! lol

And the €urocoaster doesnt invert...

Just been told Coaster was £5 not £10 so meh[/quote]

Yeh i didnt quite understand £10 a go. I was just going to wait to check it myself on wednesday :p