Winter Wonderland - Hyde Park London

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
jamesc

I know its a bit early but the site now has dates.

http://www.hydeparkwinterwonderland.com

What rides do you think will appear this year.
As long as there is Imagination in the World, there will be bigger, better rides!
Sam198

The usual assortment of Mellors machines, plus other notable regulars (Danters' Air, Power Tower 2, etc). I'd expect to see Manning's Show Time Afterburner back, too. :)
Last edited by Sam198 on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bensaund

They need better crowd control this year as when we went it was heaving, you couldn't move and the Wild Maus XXL has a good 50 min queue. We ended up not spending any money there and wanting to get out ASAP due to too many people and there wasn't much which was worth the price they were charging either.
If you go down to the woods today
SwEDEN

I REALLY want XXL to show, along with either Olympia Looping or Testrecke. Am I being plausible or am I just being unrealistic? :/ 
Chris
Admin
Admin

Going by the crowds last year (as mentioned) they really need to expand it again, so I think having the big coasters there is really justified.

It'll turn in to Oktoberfest within a few years I think.
Luce

It's certainly grown massively since I first started visiting which was several years ago and I agree with Baffles, I think WW will expand again.  I can understand people's objection to the prices as it is an expensive event but I always enjoy going and personally it's great to see rides from elsewhere in Europe such as Power Tower coming to the UK. 

I'm also looking forward to finding out what machines will make an appearance this year :)
themealgang

Wilde Maus XXL was incredibly popular last year and quite rightly so. It's rather thrilling for a Mack Mouse! No wonder that will be back along with the classics... Power Tower, Air just to name a few. People are right they need to expand as they are getting bigger and better every year. I'm hoping for some more thrill rides as it's slowly turning a winter thrill seeking paradise. But I heard somewhere that the organisers take a bit of a dislike to large thrill rides, so we could be seeing some more family orientated machines this year.

The prices are disgusting as it is so I hope if they do expand, the cost of the rides doesn't increase. That would be really taking the biscuit. I also think an unlimited wristband session would be beneficial for those that want to experience everything.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Adz
Admin
Admin

Testreck is very much a possibility in regards to Rollercoasters. The likes of Olympia Looping not so much due to the insane cost of transporting the ride over here.

I would expect the event to expand a little this year with the addition of some family focused attractions and maybe one larger thrill ride.
SwEDEN

Adz wrote: Testreck is very much a possibility in regards to Rollercoasters. The likes of Olympia Looping not so much due to the insane cost of transporting the ride over here.

I would expect the event to expand a little this year with the addition of some family focused attractions and maybe one larger thrill ride.
XXL, PLEASE XXL! IT'S ALL I WANT! I LOVE AFTERBURNERS AND IT'S THE ULTIMATE AFTERBURNER!
If it shows I will do this: :joy:
Sam198

Teststrecke pl0x! <3
SwEDEN

Sam198 wrote: Teststrecke pl0x! <3
Power Tower 2's new LEDs make me want to throw up in my mouth...... They look cheap, tacky and completely ruin the wonderful rainbow-esque light scheme that was gorgeous and pretty symbolic of the PW2....... 

What were Schneiders thinking!!!! :-s  :no:
Emma

As long as AIR makes an appearance (which I' sure it will!) Then I'll be there!

But as mentioned before it was literally heaving the last 2 years, far too many people in such a busy area!
Luce

The thing is, Winter Wonderland is a popular event and also because it's held in Central London, it attracts a lot of visitors.  It is a good thing really given that a lot of the rides and attractions have come over from elsewhere in Europe, however I do agree that it can be difficult to navigate when busy.

But I am excited about going back this year :)
SwEDEN

Does anyone know where Konga is around this time of year?
Hari

Mondial SuperNova! :D
NR
Jared

According to a guy at TestStreke on Friday, they're doing a couple of German fairs this month and next, then packing up for closed season work.
themealgang

Just under a month to go and news on Britain's best winter festival seems to be a bit quiet. If we believe the website, Power Tower, Wilde Maus and Air are all said to be returning. Surely construction is due to begin soon so there should be more information on what rides are attending this year?

I hope they offer a wristband system this year. The ticketed system they currently have is appalling.

SwEDEN

News is going around that there is a highly probable chance that 'Over The Top' presented by Hart family will be attending this year. In addition to this some of the apparent 'wintery' decorations that will be added to the ride were seen mounted at Hull in preparations for WW (the ride being finished off with it's re-theme by the opening of Winter Wonderland.)

Here's a video of the ride in action:
themealgang

A Huss TakeOff rip off! Looks fun.

Dom

I love Winter Wonderland. Always go every year. It's such a magical German christmas market and fair. Highlight of my Christmas visit to London. I do suggest people go and have a look.
Last edited by Dom on Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.