Winter Wonderland - Hyde Park London

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
jp235

Black Hole is a Zierer Hell Dive. I'm not sure whether the ride is designed to be enclosed, or whether the owners added that themselves. Nor do I know of another one anywhere in the world. Neither rcdb nor ridesdb list any others. The question I have is why it's named Black Hole, given the Chinese theming!

The ride is effectively a variation on Alton's old Four Man Bob, and is a surprisingly long ride, considering the size of the dome. As for having no restraints, don't forget Alton for a time had 2 coasters without restraints - Four Man Bob and the Beast.

[url=http://www.ridesdb.com/db/thumbpic.php?ride_id=1502" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.ridesdb.com/db/thumbpic.php?ride_id=1502[/url]
Jared

Okay guys. Thanks for all the info. It's much appreciated. =D
Rollercoaster5000

Winter Wonderland's official Facebook page have posted a construction update. [url=http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?ai ... 4793393268" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?ai ... 4793393268[/url]. Winter Wonderland will be opening in THREE DAYS :D.

Edit: Winter Wonderland opens TODAY and had its press preview night yesterday.
The 2010/11 map has been released
Airtime

Didn't think this would be open yet to be honest, lucky me I'm there on sunday.

Do we know any of the prices for anything yet? Any good flats as well?
Yeezus just rose again!
DiogoJ42

With luck I'll be there tomorrow after work, so I'll let you know :D
Airtime

Thank you! Even though I'll be in Southend getting me rage on :lol:
Yeezus just rose again!
jp235

I'm sure, as members of an Alton Towers forum, there might be plenty of interest in this - a video of the Mondial Super Nova at Hyde Park.

Not the best video I've ever made - it was very difficult to keep the camera still with the sheer number of people around. It's looking pretty obvious that this year's Winter Wonderland is going to be extremely popular!

[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url]
DiogoJ42

Oh yeah, I was going to let you know what the prices were like!
Most rides were £4-£5. A fiver for a coaster is pretty good, but £4 for a waltzer is a bit steep! It was a very good waltzer, but still!

Unfortunately they have the same ticket system as last year. :roll:
NeilHD

I'll be giving it a miss. I went last year and thought it was too crowded and too expensive. With 2 adults/2 kids it was £20 to all get on some things. So, naturally, wifey and I missed out and just sent the kids on, meaning I spent a pleasant day standing around freezing my arse off whilst the kids had all the fun... :evil:

Plus the queue to see Santa was mega mega long if I remember rightly. And my son was ill so that didn't help my impression.

What I was impressed by though was that I drove in and found an underground car park near the entrance (technically on Park Lane I think) that was £5 all day on a Sunday. That's cheap!

Anyway, hope whoever goes has a great time!
jamesc

I know its a bit early but the site now has dates.

http://www.hydeparkwinterwonderland.com

What rides do you think will appear this year.
Last edited by jamesc on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As long as there is Imagination in the World, there will be bigger, better rides!
Deleted

Power Tower 2 for sure as they are partners in it somewhere along the line.

They need new fresh attractions this year, the same old stuff has been coming for the past few years now.
Rollercoaster5000

I thought Power Tower 2 will only be present for 3 years? I'm hoping for some new coaster, although it's unlikely I really want to see Olympia looping this year lol.
Deleted

I actually contacted the owners of Olympia Looping and the Olympic Committee about two years ago in relation to them bringing it to the Olympic Village.

The owners of the ride said it was no problem, the Olympic Committee didn't even bother replying.
SwEDEN

I wan't a Break Dance, i've always pictured one at WW and would love to see fantasies turn into reality, also would love a Sky Flyer.
Deleted

Be rest assured. ALL information and advance ride attendance shall be published here first. Normally I start getting details around November.

Stay tuned!  ;)
Adz
Admin
Admin

Likewise. One ride that is pretty much confirmed already is Mannings new Afterburner 'Showtime'.

SwEDEN

Does that mean we won't be seeing the return of Oblivion? (Ski Jump) :( :(
Rollermad

Air would be nice and the good old thunder bobs! If this was the Olympic wonderland them bringing OLooping would be great. Power tower would be good and maybe a zipper! (just kidding!)
Adz
Admin
Admin

Air attended last year, I can see it coming back as it was very popular. PowerTower2 is almost certain as well.

I'd like to see a few more foreign thrill rides. Breakdance, Polyp or maybe even the Mission Space ride by KMG.
Deleted

Rollermad wrote: Air would be nice and the good old thunder bobs! If this was the Olympic wonderland them bringing OLooping would be great. Power tower would be good and maybe a zipper! (just kidding!)
Olympia Looping will NOT be attending due to the way it travels around Germany.