Winter Wonderland - Hyde Park London

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

They do both look good actually and I'd be happy to ride either at a fairground. I was expecting them to look crap but for a traveling ride both are quite cool. Black Hole could use some strobes and lights, it would make the experience a lot more disorientating. :mrgreen:
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
Topsyturvy15

Has anyone done the ice monster or pirates adventure?
Anonymous

One of my pictures! Didn't go on this, wish i had now!
DiogoJ42

[quote=""Topsyturvy15""]Has anyone done the ice monster or pirates adventure?[/quote]
My review of Pirates is on page 7. :D
Anonymous

[quote=""Topsyturvy15""]Has anyone done the ice monster or pirates adventure?[/quote]

I saw both. Pirates Adventure looks good, and I shall be doing it when I go back later this month.

Ice Monster? is this the inflatable monster thing near the start?
maguire245

[quote=""kryn""][quote=""Topsyturvy15""]is this the inflatable monster thing near the start?[/quote][/quote]
Yes.
Fotopic Fair Rides K&L
YouTube 245thegreat
Topsyturvy15

How much are the rides other than the black hole, power tower and coaster, rides like spuk and pirates adventure
Anonymous

[quote=""Topsyturvy15""]How much are the rides other than the black hole, power tower and coaster, rides like spuk and pirates adventure[/quote]

Prices are back on the earlier pages of this thread.

Also. Not done that show with the inftlatable thing, I cant see it being much considering they "let it down" like a bouncy castle every night. I saw it deflatated in Holland meaning there cant be much of anything permanant inside.
maguire245

[quote=""kryn""]Also. Not done that show with the inftlatable thing, I cant see it being much considering they "let it down" like a bouncy castle every night. I saw it deflatated in Holland meaning there cant be much of anything permanant inside.[/quote]
Unless everything is attached to a simple foldable steel bar which collapses with the deflate, which would make setting up a lot easier.

---- Post Info Added ----

Went there from dusk to the evening, was a superb event. Prices were quite high, but reasonable for such a large popular event.

Did 3 rides, Power Tower 2, Euro Coaster and Musik Express. All were brilliant and I'm glad I did the tower, the views you get from the top are mind blowing, heck the B.T. tower doesn't look that tall up so high. The drop is quite intence aswell, I wouldn't say it was light hearted compared to some drops.

Did a report with photos and video, including off ride footage from PT2 and Musik Express and an onride of the Euro Coaster. All photos and video will be uploaded tommorow.

:)
Fotopic Fair Rides K&L
YouTube 245thegreat
Topsyturvy15

I went this evening:

Power tower, ten minute queue, great thrill and great views and each different ride it has a different sequence (changes every three goes)

Spuk, 4 pounds, Quite scary but short with a quite thrilling surprise inside!

Snowstorm, great big wheel like ride which goes upside down loads, really thrilling and good fun and a long and intense ride for 3 pounds

Black hole, very quick ride but pretty fast and thrilling - there are few restraints so you feel pretty unsafe

Food - Had a curry hotdog and all hot dogs were about a fiver

Great evening and i'm going back very soon!
maguire245

All photos can now be viewed here.

Enjoy :)
Fotopic Fair Rides K&L
YouTube 245thegreat
Rollercoaster5000

Just returned from Winter Wonderland. Power Tower was great, definitely the best drop ride I've been on. Black Hole was ok, Euro coaster was painful. Spuk was a huge disapointment.
the live actor wasn't even there. I enjoyed Bayern curve to an extent although the ride experience was ruined due to the amount of rain blowing in my face and my little sister's behind dug into my leg making the the ride experience painful as hell. I may return to Winter Wonderland next week and get some photos taken. Disappointed that the Pinfari famiy coaster last year didn't return (it's at the 02'a christmas fair this year.
Last edited by Rollercoaster5000 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

I thought the bashing down of the rain on the Bayern Curve added to the ride if I am honest
maguire245

[quote=""kryn""]I thought the bashing down of the rain on the Bayern Curve added to the ride if I am honest[/quote]
:mrgreen:

When on the Musik Express ride, afterwards my neck was aching quite a bit. They are more extreme than they look!
Fotopic Fair Rides K&L
YouTube 245thegreat
Anonymous

2nd visit of mine to Hyde Park Winter Wonderland today.

Rides:-

Black Hole Coaster £4
Pirates Adventure £4
Power Tower 2 £6
Der Grosse Irrgarten Funhouse £4
Bayern Curve £4

Blackhole Coaster: I went into detail about blackhole coaster last time, basically the same ride this time, although as it wasnt raining there wasnt huge droplets of water coming through the canvas.

Power Tower 2: Disapointed! Not good! one of my favourite rides on the fairground circuit, the usual 6 minute ride cylce lasted 1 minute, and it wasnt even busy! Not Impressed!

Der Grosse Irrgarten Funhouse: Didnt do this last time we went, this is actually built by Mack which surprised me, full of the usual conyerors, wind, cakewalks and tunnels, with a huge mirror maze and funny mirrors. Great Fun!

Bayern Curve: Amazing as always.

Pirates Adventure: Just to put you in the picture this is it..

Fantasically well themed, but as always these rides cast doubt, as the guys did Physco in Holland and that looked amazing from the outside but wasnt...

This however is very VERY good. I shall explain

Its basically a walk through attraction which lasts around 7 minutes. You walk in to the preshow and a animated skull tells you, you are going on a mission to find the treasure. After some flashing strobes and sound effects the automatic doors open.

You then walk into another room which has a animatronic parrot contunuing the story. Hanging from the ceiling is around 10 thick ropes with a knot on the end. The door closes behind you and the room really starts to rock and shake around, thankfully the ropes are there as they are needed!

Then you walk upstairs through lots of other animatronics locked in cages and a huge wooden beam crashes down from the ceiling in front of you! , then onto another room where the story is continued and lots of nice little effects to surprise you.

The door opens and you then emerge outside and walk across 2 very un-eaven bridges to the next area.

Back inside again and a large pool is visable you need to walk across this but on large stepping stones.

You then come to the finale, which is a large room with around 10 animatronics, a water wall behind you and a bridge. The story ends with the parrot and then suddenly the bridge drops into the water which you are stood on and a huge crocodile emerges from the water!

It really was amazing, and at no point did you actually think you was in a "lorry" so to speak. Well worth it!
maguire245

Sounds excellent Mark, thanks for explaining. I will have a hunt and see if I can get an on-ride film.

Sorry to hear you had a short run on PT2, what a waste of £6! :|
Fotopic Fair Rides K&L
YouTube 245thegreat
Joe Koopa

I visited twice last week, when I was camping in London. :)

My review of the rides...

Black Hole
I really enjoyed this. Great fun, just general helixes in pitch black. The inside of the tent is freezing however.

Spuk
This was the well raved about ghost train? I kinds enjoyed the coaster part of it, but I found the inside very boring. The animontronics they were very few and there was only one actor, who just shouted Spuk at the end. A waste of money.

Power Tower 2
My second best tower-drop, after Hukurian Condor at PortAventura. It isn't paticularly scary, but it is great fun whilst still having the general feel of a tower drop. It really caught me by suprise occasionally with it going out-of control and having no idea on wethr or not it would go up or down...

Christmas Coaster
I hated this, was very painful and I came off with a bruised back and a bruised hand. They wasn't even much to it, atleast Colossus has a couple of good partd to it. :roll:
Anonymous

Picture over hyde park. Picture taken by me, a lot of noise as i tried high ISO rating so it was visible :D
themealgang

The Power Tower was amazing this year. I would really like to see it come back in 2010!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us