Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Zach

Que genuine parts of wild mouse wood being sold in BPB shop this season! 
MakoMania

Zach wrote:Que genuine parts of wild mouse wood being sold in BPB shop this season! 
Imagine the rush to the shop on opening day :P
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
abigsmurf

This makes me actively angry. it's a classic, historical ride and gives a unique (unexpectedly terrifying) experience that I've fond memories of riding.  The number of wooden wild mouse coasters on the planet continues to decrease. Extremely frustrating given that it's modern steel counterpart is so prevalent. It's got a pretty tiny footprint I'm not sure what they could put in place that would be an improvement in my eyes.

The fact they did it in secret before announcing it makes me think they were aware that it could result in campaigns to try and save the ride. Makes me worried for the future of other unique rides that probably aren't huge money spinners like the Steeplechase or Alice in Wonderland.
Ryan.B

From what I saw, steeplechase was on the chopping block but I don't think it will be now, Icon has been designed to fit around it. If they were to remove I'd think they'd have done it before Icon was built.
MakoMania

Ryan.B wrote:From what I saw, steeplechase was on the chopping block but I don't think it will be now, Icon has been designed to fit around it. If they were to remove I'd think they'd have done it before Icon was built.
From what you saw where?
Ryan.B

I'm not going to say the sources were reliable, as I'm not sure they're too believable but it must have been around, 2015/16 hat I saw the rumours and it was more than one person claiming one of the Thompson were reviewing its future or something similar. Don't take it as something I've said as fact as far as I know, it isn't but its not going anytime soon,If they wanted it to they would've done before Icon.

It does fit in, at the time Icon would've been in the planning stages and it would have been considered with it going into the area with steeplechase because there isn't much else they could do with that space without removing it. If I find anything I'll link it.
Owen

Couple on site photos from Amanda Thompson!

Insane all the path interactions it has!
Dan

Icon is really coming together now! Originally I wasn’t sure on the track colour but it looks a lot better than I imagined it would.

Hoping to visit BPB and try it out during my annual leave in August.
MakoMania

Looks like it's going to be the best coaster in the UK!
Aidan Lowe

Dan wrote:Originally I wasn’t sure on the track colour but it looks a lot better than I imagined it would.
I love how Amanda said the track / support color echoes the sunsets of Blackpool. lol.
It really is coming along and I can't wait to head up to Blackpool to jump on this.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Bert

Aidan Lowe wrote:
Dan wrote:Originally I wasn’t sure on the track colour but it looks a lot better than I imagined it would.
I love how Amanda said the track / support color echoes the sunsets of Blackpool. lol.
It really is coming along and I can't wait to head up to Blackpool to jump on this.
But sensets are usually orangey/red. Ahh wait, this is Blackpool, The sky is grey because it is raining again...
[Insert Signature Here]
abigsmurf

I really looks to be a phenomenal coaster,  brilliant use of the surroundings, if those fence posts are the final position the people watching will get impressively close at perhaps the most intense part of the ride.
Dan

The Mirror have done an article on Icon today. No information that we don’t already know but it does feature these images:

Blackpool Pleasure Beach managing director Amanda Thompson told PA: "This is a key milestone in the build which marks the first in a series of thrilling interactions to guarantee riders a truly exhilarating experience.

"What we've achieved so far is impressive to see and a credit to all involved."We're looking forward to visitors getting their very first glimpse of Icon when our doors open on February 10.

Icon is going to be one of the most talked about, iconic rollercoasters of the future.”
MakoMania

It's BPB opening day!

Credit to PB Experience.
Dan

Some more photos of Icon, credit to Theme Park Worldwide.

MakoMania

Something iconic arrived today!

Tom170499

The ‘iconic’ pun has been used too much now :lol
MakoMania

Tom170499 wrote:The ‘iconic’ pun has been used too much now :lol
We still have two months to go!
Aidan Lowe

I do believe this will become the best ride in the UK. It looks incredible, can't wait to head over this spring.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Dan

Now the trains are on site and the track expected to be complete this week, surely we can’t be too far away from Icon testing? I wouldn’t be surprised if we see some form of movement from it over the next couple of weeks.