Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Nickolai

Gosh does anyone think the Big Dipper needs a coat of paint because it looks very old and rotting compared to Icon and even Infusion!
Formally Smiler313
MakoMania

Smiler313 wrote:Gosh does anyone think the Big Dipper needs a coat of paint because it looks very old and rotting compared to Icon and even Infusion!
It is nearly 100 years old so yeah, a repaint would be nice :P

I'm sure that I read someone saying that new paint damages the wood though.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Bert

Looks very sexy, I like. This will be great.
[Insert Signature Here]
MakoMania

Bert2theSpark wrote:Image

Looks very sexy, I like. This will be great.
It's very elegant against the blue sky.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Hmm disagree - the grey just fades in to the background. Green would have made it stand out against the other coasters better.
MakoMania

The Immelmann is now complete!
Nickolai

It is either the angle of the picture or that is one steep Immelmann inversion! It looks pretty crazy!
Formally Smiler313
Dom

I really love how open they are being with construction. They are practically giving us an update on a weekly basis and I must admit its getting me rather excited for the coaster. I will be braving a 6 hour train journey to experience this, that's for sure!
Bert

ImageAmazing.
[Insert Signature Here]
Zach

Blackpool pleasure beach today on their Facebook page shared a competiton to be amongst the first to ride Icon, follow the link below to find the competition in conjunction with Houndshill Shopping Centre. 

https://www.facebook.com/HoundshillShoppingCentre/posts/1511413612299320

Like, Comment and share to be in a chance with winning! 
MakoMania

TheSmilerMan wrote:Blackpool pleasure beach today on there Facebook page shared a competiton to be amongst the first to ride Icon, follow the link below to find the competition in conjunction with Houndshill Shopping Centre. 

The competition is to win boarding cards, not to ride the attraction before it's public debut.
Zach

MakoMania wrote:
TheSmilerMan wrote:Blackpool pleasure beach today on there Facebook page shared a competiton to be amongst the first to ride Icon, follow the link below to find the competition in conjunction with Houndshill Shopping Centre. 

The competition is to win boarding cards, not to ride the attraction before it's public debut.
Indeed which is why I used the phrasing from the competiton “amongst the first” and not the first, nor did I mention this was to ride before its debut. But thank you for clarifying that although I’m sure those who followed the link would have found this. :) 
MakoMania

TheSmilerMan wrote:
MakoMania wrote:

Indeed which is why I used the phrasing from the competiton “amongst the first” and not the first, nor did I mention this was to ride before its debut. But thank you for clarifying that although I’m sure those who followed the link would have found this. :) 
It's just that your original post read like it was a competition to ride before the public opening, that's all. No need to get in a fuss :P
Zach

MakoMania wrote:
TheSmilerMan wrote:
MakoMania wrote:
It's just that your original post read like it was a competition to ride before the public opening, that's all. No need to get in a fuss :P
No fuss had buddy, it is a good competition though just a shame they a running things like this through external partners, I really would have liked to have seen them build marketing with competitions like this in it. Build the ride character not through a shopping centre. 
MakoMania

TheSmilerMan wrote:
MakoMania wrote:
TheSmilerMan wrote: Indeed which is why I used the phrasing from the competiton “amongst the first” and not the first, nor did I mention this was to ride before its debut. But thank you for clarifying that although I’m sure those who followed the link would have found this. :) 
No fuss had buddy, it is a good competition though just a shame they a running things like this through external partners, I really would have liked to have seen them build marketing with competitions like this in it. Build the ride character not through a shopping centre. 
Mandy does what she wants :lol
The Nemesis Fox

With construction being so rapid can anyone see a feb opening?
MakoMania

The Nemesis Fox wrote:With construction being so rapid can anyone see a feb opening?
Definitely not, Icon will open at the end of March at the earliest.
Dom

Buger! I was hoping it would be open for mid March as that is when i was looking at visiting. Guess I now have to find some other way to celebrate my 30th :lol
MakoMania

Dom wrote:Buger! I was hoping it would be open for mid March as that is when i was looking at visiting. Guess I now have to find some other way to celebrate my 30th :lol
Don't dispair! BPB are no stranger to soft openings, Sky Force soft opened a few weeks before it's official debut.
Zach

Sorry to disappoint but I don’t we will see it until April/May, April being the earliest, there’s still quite a way to go with the whole coaster and then tidying up and possible theming to go in. I’m open to being wrong but trying to be realistic. I do howev think if Blackpool don’t start a substantial marketing campaign soon they won’t recieve the hype or response I think they are expecting.