Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
MakoMania

http://riderater.co.uk/5934/pleasure-be ... #more-5934" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All very exciting!
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
dazza4783

Screamscape have posted a layout.

Screamscape wrote:The coaster will launch from the left side of the image to the right, towards The Big One where it looks like it will shoot up over the Top Hat element, up and over the lift hill of The Big One. On the other side it will drop down into an inclined loop, a "Banked Double-Up" and a series of twisted turns before it comes back and returns over (or through) The Big One in a Zero-G-Roll maneuver. From here it will hit the second launch right up and into an Immelman, more twists, turns, a high speed helix and an "airtime hump", "off axis airtime hill" and ending with a "high dive" before hitting the brakes.
owenrita121

dazza4783 wrote:Screamscape have posted a layout.

Screamscape wrote:The coaster will launch from the left side of the image to the right, towards The Big One where it looks like it will shoot up over the Top Hat element, up and over the lift hill of The Big One. On the other side it will drop down into an inclined loop, a "Banked Double-Up" and a series of twisted turns before it comes back and returns over (or through) The Big One in a Zero-G-Roll maneuver. From here it will hit the second launch right up and into an Immelman, more twists, turns, a high speed helix and an "airtime hump", "off axis airtime hill" and ending with a "high dive" before hitting the brakes.
It was originally a member of CoasterForce who posted that so please credit the right person.
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.
dazza4783

owenrita121 wrote:
dazza4783 wrote:Screamscape have posted a layout.

It was originally a member of CoasterForce who posted that so please credit the right person.
I saw it on screamscape, and it doesn't mention coasterforce on there as the source. Hence my source for this info is screamscape. But yes it does look like Temleh at coasterforce is the actual source.
Owen

Just so that people don't get confused - this isn't the confirmed layout. Although it looks as though it roughly follows the marks around the park.

I must say if this is the layout then Alton are going to have a hard time against this if SW8 is a thrill ride...
Ryan.B

This seems to be 99% likely to be the layout, an video was leaked today, and then deleted... Apparently there was a Mack logo or something on it as well. As well as the layout follows the markings, and those in the know seem to be essentially hinting and suggesting this is in fact the real layout, and saying it works out over 4000 meters, if its not the layout I will be really suprised as everything points towards it.
dazza4783

Ryan.B wrote:This seems to be 99% likely to be the layout, an video was leaked today, and then deleted... Apparently there was a Mack logo or something on it as well. As well as the layout follows the markings, and those in the know seem to be essentially hinting and suggesting this is in fact the real layout, and saying it works out over 4000 meters, if its not the layout I will be really suprised as everything points towards it.
Yeh the video that was uploaded looked pretty legit, even had The Big One and Big Dipper in it, and a Mack logo on the front of the train. If I remember right the track was bright green with orange supports (could be wrong on that though).
NemesisRider

DerMuffinMaker on the NoLimits Exchange made a visualisation of the plans in NoLimits 2. Must say it looks very good! Not Helix but probably on par with Blue Fire, even if the theming isn't likely to be as good.

https://youtu.be/EikVQc4yyOs
Ryan.B

I feel like the ending will have a slow roll into the breaks, would be great, Hangtime+comfy lap bars sounds too good!
daveclarkedaveclarke

If that video is anything similar to what blackpool are getting it will be a great investment for them! 2018 is shaping up to be a great year here in the UK! :D
Benjsh85

Blackpool badly in need of a major Steel coaster. Not had a "new" one since 1994 (Pepsi max Big One as it was then) as Infusion was a relocation from Southport.

If it's a Mack Mega Coaster which it looks increasigly likely it will be, it will be fantastic. They don't really make shoddy rides. Only slight issue is that it probably won't have amazing themeing which will let it down. Maybe Blackpool will surprise us and theme the shizzle out of it but I seriously doubt it. Can't grumble though. It will easily be best coast on the park without great theming.

2018 seriously hotting up. :) AT will pull something spectacular out of the bag too. A CGI / Intamin launched woodie will be amazing on Flume site. The Launch will be pivital to combat the height issues the park has. Sound shouldn't be an issue either from that part of the park.

I live more or less in between both parks (Manchester area) so it's great news for me anyway.
owenrita121

I absolutely love the fact that Alton and Pleasure Beach will be head to head again! I know what one I think will win easily, but it's great that we are getting two strong coasters for 2018 after being deprived for so long!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Last edited by lewis97 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected post according to double post.
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.
Benjsh85

owenrita121 wrote:I absolutely the fact that Alton and Pleasure Beach will be head to head again! I know what one I think will win easily, but it's great that we are getting two strong coasters for 2018 after being deprived for so long!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Which one do you think "will win easily"? I'm curious.

Looking at the plans for each ride, both look to be fantastic additions to each park, however with the limited layout on the AT woodie and height restrictions, there's no way it's beating a Mack Mega coaster. Not a prayer. Mack Mega's are one of best coaster type going and it appears very likely that's what it's going to be.

That's not to say a heavily Pirate themed woodie won't be brilliant too. It obviously will be.
ThemeCrafter264

I think we will be getting the best of 3 worlds in 2018. A dark ride (ninjago) at legoland AND a steel coasters (BPB) AND SW8 (AT). I think if pleasure beach invest in some proper theming/ near misses, it could be a good ride
Nathan_Fisher

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-la ... e-36594766" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Found this article quite amusing about two teenage boys entering blackpool pleasure beach in the early hours of yesterday and managed to operate the Blue Flyer roller coaster.
Can't believe that's even possible without keys etc.. They were on the ride for 30 minutes before being stopped by security. This could of ended a lot worse if something had gone horribly wrong.
Cobby

I thought I would be harder and then I thought about it. The older roller coasters at Blackpool (Nickelodeon Streak ect.) use only manual wooden brakes, so I don't think that it would be to hard. The other thing I thought about was the fact that I don't think any computer is involved because on Nickelodeon Streak, I know it was Blue Flyer but I haven't been on that so I can't compare it, an alarm sounds when the train is nearing the brake run to alert the ride op to apply the brake. So in theory it shouldn't be to hard to start up.
Tom

Not the first time that people have been to BPB over night...

Liam.W

I'm heading off to Blackpool for a week in mid-July and I was wondering if you could still buy old wheels from the park's rides? I've wanted to get my hands on one for a while but the thought has just come to me that these may only be available at the beginning of the season after the closed season maintenance when they replace the wheels .etc
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Max

I believe you can.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
gddevey1012

Went to BPB last weekend its been a long time since my last visit and i was really surprised by how much the park had changed, Infusion is a good ride but OUCH !, the Big one was VERY rough and no wind, its certainly starting to show its age now and BPB may want to start looking at how they can keep it going and smooth it out at the same time, was disappointed that despite the park being busy and 60 min wait for the big one they still only ran one car surely on a track that length they could run at least 2 without any issues ? Valhalla also needs some attention as alot of the effects didnt work. Overall it was a nice visit and i would go again if i was up that way but wouldn't make the trip just to visit the park again.