Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Wagstaff04

Just planning for a future trip, so what would be the best day of the week to visit during early August?
Rob
Admin
Admin

Valhalla to be closed for 2020 while the attraction is reimagined and reopened in 2021.

*OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE* 
BLACKPOOL PLEASURE BEACH ANNOUNCES EXCITING VALHALLA NEWS
Blackpool Pleasure Beach is proud to announce that the ride Valhalla is being given a sprinkling of magic Christmas dust and will experience a reimagining during the 2020 season with the ride reopening in 2021, in time for Blackpool Pleasure Beach’s 125th anniversary year.
PhNx Survivor

Isn't the ride 20 years old next year?
Although I do think it's about time the ride had a major improvement to it, (although it is one of the best water rides personally), I am going to miss riding this next year.. oh well, as long as they don't follow Loggers Leaps fate then by all means, happy!
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Dan

Amanda Thompson has stated on Twitter that Blackpool Pleasure Beach will be open for Winter Weekends in 2021. It’s something they were planning on doing for 2020 but the pandemic meant they were unable to open.

Chris_c_4
Team
Team

One of the big changes at BPB this year is having to scan eTickets on every ride (last year eTickets were just scanned at the park entrance). Wristbands can be collected if this isn't feasible.

The eTickets can be saved to Google Pay/Apple Wallet on your phone - which is handy. I found scanning the device took a bit of getting used to (I tried my phone and my watch and some rides worked better than others).
I did see some people who had printed the QR code off and were scanning this, which I guess would be good for if you were worried about your battery life (especially on 10-10 closes)

Has anyone else tried this out at BPB?
mol7030

Has anyone tried the Journey to Hell scare experience at Blackpool Pleasure Beach? Would you recommend it?
abigsmurf

I'm genuinely interested in the sound of that river caves thing. I love the terribleness of that ride (and the weirdly steep lift hill that makes you struggle to stay in the seats).