Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
stealthsmiler

Only one train? They have it two sometimes three when I go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Liam.W

Big one was on 2 trains when I went Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week.
All coasters were on 2 trains or more all week except Nick Streak and Blue Flyer.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

nemefan08

Just a quick question: what wind speed closes the big one. I'm going tmrw and want to know if it will be shut
Tom170499

nemefan08 wrote:Just a quick question: what wind speed closes the big one. I'm going tmrw and want to know if it will be shut
I'm not too sure but I think it's 40mph at the peak. I believe it also depends on direction.

As I say I'm not to sure but I think that's right.

Have fun tomorrow :)
Benjsh85

Great day today at the park. Always a brilliant day to go on a monday, especially when the kids are all back in school. Only kids there were the Muslim ones celebrating Eid.

Anyway.....must have got 40 rides (including re-rides) in. Valhalla I stayed on 3 times without getting off as literally nobody was in queue. Bloody soaked though. I was on first boat of day too which was nice. Didn't open till past 12.

Also on first train of infusion of day. I headed there first because apparently first thing is the smoothest time of the day so I'm told. And its true. My 2nd n 3rd rides later in afternoon were much much much rougher. Useful tip there.

All in all a great day. Not a great fan of skyforce though. Did it twice and the spins the first time just made me Ill. Second time I didn't spin at all and found it dull. Definitely not for me that one.

Wallace n gromit still one of my favs though. I know many don't like it but I love the franchise and love what they've done with it. It perhaps does have 1 or 2 many dark sections without anything happening but overall its still an impressive family ride for me.

Can't wait for 2018. Blackpool back on the map hopefully.
Max

Blackpool Pleasure Beach to add a double launch Mack Megacoaster for 2018. More details to follow later today.

Source: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
EDIT: The tweet appears to have been deleted.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
Owen

How unexpected! I honestly had no clue this would be coming! ;) :lol

I must admit I am more excited for this than SW8. Quite ironic that the place known for wooden coasters is getting the steel coaster, and the place known for not having wooden coasters is getting one at last!
Jack

Liam.W

When I saw the news on Facebook, I dropped my iPad and screamed "HELL YEAH". No joke. :lol

Liam.W

Sorry for the double post, but we have the first renderings people!!! I repeat, FIRST RENDERINGS

NemesisRider

*First photoshop ;) That's just an edited version of a Blue Fire Megacoaster photo that's been placed on a BPB background.
Dom

I must say this is rather exciting. So I guess 2018 will be a very exciting year for the UK park industry. Now, time to figure out how to get to Blackpool
Liam.W

NemesisRider wrote:*First photoshop ;) That's just an edited version of a Blue Fire Megacoaster photo that's been placed on a BPB background.
Oh right...

But it will still give us a taster of what it could look like

Owen

Here's the first offical virtual POV!

'Construction 18' is costing Blackpool Pleasure Beach £16.25 million.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Here's the mini site for Construction MMXVIII, which details a number of the ride's statistics.
BLACKPOOL PLEASURE BEACH ANNOUNCES NEW £16.25M ROLLERCOASTER

Blackpool Pleasure Beach has announced it is to build a new £16.25m rollercoaster. It will be the UK's first ever with a double-launch – an advanced technology that gives the roller coaster two powerful thrusts of acceleration during the ride. ‘Construction 2018' will feature the most number of interactions in the world with 15 interactions involving five different rides and two tunnels.

The ride is being manufactured by Mack Rides at their world-class factory in Waldkirch, Germany, utilising the latest state-of-the-art engineering processes, including laser beam technology for extreme accuracy. The ride will open in Spring 2018.

A double launch will see thrill seekers propelled forward at high speed not only at the start of the ride, but also at a second point half way through the two and a half minute experience. Riders will experience the same levels of G force as felt by the driver of a Formula 1 car. The launch of the ride features acceleration which is 4 times that experienced in a Lamborghini Gallardo.

Construction 2018 will reach heights of 88.5ft with drops of up to 82ft. It will interact with five other Blackpool Pleasure Beach rides including the iconic Big One, Steeplechase, Big Dipper, Pleasure Beach Express and the Grand Prix.

Over 44,800 hours have been invested in the development to date with that number expected to treble ahead of completion.

Speaking on the announcement Deputy Managing Director of Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Nick Thompson, comments: "We have been working on this concept for five years now and are delighted to be able share news of our plans.

"Construction 2018 will be fast, adrenalin fuelled and exhilarating but also smooth and comfortable – an entirely new ride experience. It sees a significant investment in Blackpool Pleasure Beach. We expect to see thrill seekers flock to the park to experience this UK ride first."

Blackpool Pleasure Beach's Managing Director, Amanda Thompson OBE, adds: "Construction 2018 follows in the long tradition we have at Blackpool Pleasure Beach of investing in fantastic rides and bringing first of their kind rollercoasters to the UK. Blackpool Pleasure Beach, the world's most ride intensive amusement park, is home to the UK's first looping coaster, Revolution, and, at the time it was built, the world's tallest and fastest rollercoaster, The Big One, plus many more thrilling rides. I'm delighted to be able to continue this tradition and bring such a thrilling ride to the UK."

KEY RIDE FACTS

TOTAL LENGTH - 1.14 KM
MAX HEIGHT - 88.5FT
HEIGHT OF DROPS – 82FT
MAX SPEED – 80 KM/H
MAX ACCELERATION (VERTICLE) – 4.3G
As seems to be the general consensus, this looks to be a very exciting addition and certainly gives me a good reason to visit BPB for the first time in 2018.
dazza4783

Owen wrote:Here's the first offical virtual POV!

'Construction 18' is costing Blackpool Pleasure Beach £16.25 million.
Looks like they have changed the layout slightly from the video that briefly leaked on youtube a few months back. If I remember right the inline twist was more of a zero G roll in the leaked vid, and the second half was slightly different. I think this final layout probably looks better though. Looks like they are keeping Grand Prix aswell going by the press release. I thought that was being removed for this.

P.S - The press release gets it spot on when it says about "Smooth and comfortable" being an entirely new ride experience for pleasure beach :lol
themealgang

The world's worst theme park secret is now out! Not going to lie - it looks impressive. Britain's answer to Cheetah Hunt and that's not a bad thing either. Airtime looks like it's there with two launches and a nice length as well. And from the looks of things... lap bars! Excited to see this get built now along with the 'theme'. (If there will be any).

This looks like a perfect addition to Pleasure Beach. Good for them.
ThemeCrafter264

How on earth is it costing so much?
Dom

ThemeParkCrafter wrote:How on earth is it costing so much?
Coaster's don't come cheap. And with all the features this one has its no surprising that its costing a bit
Tom170499

It will be interesting to see how construction will interfere with the park operations. I imagine the bulk of the work will be done over the 2016/17 and the 2017/18 closed season but for them to be starting construction next month, it looks like it will be a complex operation in a small area.