Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Ryan.B

I believe there are videos in the queue, with tutorials! :) I reckon around 30 inversions would be possible for me!
Stan.H

What new flat rides/roller-coaster/water rides/dark rides would you like to see BPB get??
Chris_c_4
Team
Team

I think the park has plenty of dark rides and water rides.

Ideally I'd love to see a new coaster as I think this is something that is needed to draw in the crowds. Perhaps with Amanda's relationship with Mack we could see a coaster from them? A Helix style launched coaster with inversions would fit in well - in my opinion, although the cost may prevent this from happening.

I also think that the park could invest in some more flat rides, as they do not have many - however I think that a coaster would be better for drawing in the crowds - which is something that PB needs :-)
Ryan.B

Mack or Gerstlauer are what I think will make the next coaster, Gerstlauer are the cheaper options, but Mack are usually higher quality, and still cheaper than Intamin and B&M. Plus as said above Amanda Thompson has a good relationship with Mack and I believe she did ride helix I think
stealthsmiler

A new coaster. One thats compact. I always wondered if Nickelodeon Streak was removed and a Euro Fighter put in. The lift and first beyond 90 drop would fit where the current lift hill is. The coaster could then follow a similar path with inversions worked into it. A good thrill ride thats cheap, space efficient and could really pull up guest numbers.
Stan.H

I'd also like a mack mega coaster (launched like H=lix) and an RMC woodie and maybe a water rapids ride (well themed)!!
Stan.H

I'd also like a mack mega coaster (launched like H=lix) and an RMC woodie and maybe a water rapids ride (well themed)!!
Ryan.B

Didn't notice a topic for this, as it's only been discovered recently on other forums, that there is a jeep parked in Blackpool with Project 2917 on the back! If someone could post the picture off PBE and Coaster Force in here, that would be great!

What's everyone thinking it's going to be? According to someone on PBE a staff member said it was going to be a launch on the Grand Prix site, going under the big one into a top hat, but with a bit more afterwards. It sounds fairly reasonable considering the last times they marketed something this far in advance they were Valhalla and the big one.

Amanda Thompson has supposedly been buildings relationship with Mack Rides, and has ridden Helix and enjoyed it, so I'm thinking Macks tallest, fastest ride and possibly a UK record breaker. About time as well and would be good for Mack and PB.

What does everyone else think it could be? Interesting to say the least.
abigsmurf

Is an Intamin launched coaster a good idea considering the wind issues at the location?
Ryan.B

It could be done, but may be unreliable depending on launch against wind direction, it's been rumoured on other sites to be a Mack or Intamin launch, although pretty much nobody knows and probably won't until next year, PB have a deal with the council over not having to send in planning permission unless developments are over a certain size or something. The current rumours are saying a launch from Grand Prix, under the big one and a top hat by steeplechase, the big one and skyforce. It could take the height record from the big one. As far as I know they're allowed to build up to 300ft, anymore than that, they need planning or something. I'd say if they wanted the better ride, smoother and possibly more reliable Mack would be the people to go to.
stealthsmiler

I really hope we do see a good launch coaster at BPPB. They really do need a good new coaster to help bring the park into the present day. At the moment, it feels very historical.
Ryan.B

Historical, but more airtime than any other UK park ;)
stealthsmiler

More of an inversions kind of person myself! Although nothing beats a good launch!
Ryan.B

There's rumours about one of the woodies being removed on PBE, from Scott (the site owner) it's a rumour, and usually it's quite reliable for most things about pleasure beach. I have no idea if it's true, or whether it will happen in 2015 or 2016. If one of them goes (I'm thinking wild mouse or Big Dipper) is there a possibility of a RMC retrack or conversion. I can't see the wild mouse being retracked due to the fact you can't exactly change a small ride that much, it's got a tiny footprint, but I can't imagine Nick streak and blue flyer going, their futures safe and that only leaves 2 woodies, Grand National and Big Dipper. I can't imagine Grand National going, it's too much of a favourite, unless there was a unfixable problem, and the Big Dipper is the most heard of coaster after the big one, ask non enthusiasts name a coaster, it will quite often be Big Dipper. It's also quite rough and poor compared to its former self, I think this could be a retrack, with the turnaround being a big over bank and a few s curve hills. It's unlikely, but could happen. I'm either thinking RMC or a Mack Launch.
Georgie

If it is an RMC, it would be interesting to see it go up against SW8 , or this may be the UK project rumoured from them. I doubt it though. Either way, 2017 seems to be a promising year for UK theme parks.
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan
stealthsmiler

RMC conversion of a ride would be good, preferably Grand National. It could be like Twisted Colossus which would be great. Having two laps instead of one and I'm sure they could fit in an inversion or two.

I imagine it would be easier and cheaper than a whole new coaster and this along with Red Arrows and maybe another new Thrilling flat ride would help the park increase visitors and profits ready for a whole new coaster.
Ryan.B

If the grand national was to have a conversion, I would say keep the drop, and the first 180 turnaround,and then where the airtime hill is have an inversion on the left hand side with an airtime hill on the right, meaning they have crossed over, then keep the rest the same, with a cross over just before the winning post
stealthsmiler

Yeah that's exactly what I thought. I think it would be great and very exciting.

With the added bonus for me that the inversions would be hidden so I could trick my sister into going on them as she's been on GN before and loves it.

But on a serious note I think it would be perfect for the park, I even imagined this conversion last time I rode it.
xylyx

Ooooh sounds interesting, hope they don't kill the wild mouse, even though you have to sacrifice your health to ride it it's about as unique as you get.

If they could convert grand national yet keep it as a Mobius loop I would be delighted. Perhaps do something different with either track :D However as it's all speculation I guess we shall see.
Altontowersbarlow

I would not be as pleased to see an RMC conversion of an existing coaster at the park as opposed to a new steel coaster. I realise that RMC are creating amazing experiences and giving new life to classic attractions, however Blackpool Pleasure Beach relies too much on poor coasters and nostalgia. The park needs a new steel coaster to bring it anywhere near the standard of the main theme parks in the UK. Most of BPB coasters are old and uncomfortable, which is never a good thing when it comes to customer experience. I realise that classic coasters play a huge part in Theme Parks around the world but nostalgia can't be prioritised over high standard attractions.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach need to begin to remove coasters such as The Big Dipper and replace them with high standard attractions that can contribute to the park's growth. The reason I don't want to see an RMC conversion is because, BPB's last Thrill Coaster investment was in 2007 which was a relocation. 8 years without a new substantial thrill coaster warrants for more than a conversion of an old ride.

I understand that money is tight for the park and BPB is beginning to install better attractions, however the park needs to install a new major coaster to secure it's future in my opinion. RMC are a brilliant company but BPB just isn't ready for them yet, it has a long way to go before conversions should be considered.