Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
stealthsmiler

I found my visit two weeks ago to be very good. All the staff were very nice (apart from the lady on Revolution) and the day was enjoyable. The only problem was we had done everything by 2 pm (including the smaller rides with my sister), Infusion was absolutely dreadful on how much it hurts your head - seriously needs fixing or removing and Grand National tried to amputate my legs. I loved the shows they were doing before going into the park. Alton Towers should do this with Cebeebies characters, like BPB with Nick characters.
Jamie

I think it's the best park in the UK, and have very few issues with it at all. I must admit though that some staff let the park down and I think they need to be stricter about who they keep.
The security staff are there for safety, and I've never known them to be nasty. They do bag searches at Thorpe as well now so it's not just BPB.
inFusion

stealthsmiler wrote:I found my visit two weeks ago to be very good. All the staff were very nice (apart from the lady on Revolution) and the day was enjoyable. The only problem was we had done everything by 2 pm (including the smaller rides with my sister), Infusion was absolutely dreadful on how much it hurts your head - seriously needs fixing or removing and Grand National tried to amputate my legs. I loved the shows they were doing before going into the park. Alton Towers should do this with Cebeebies characters, like BPB with Nick characters.
I agree that they should modify Infusion so it doesn't rattle as much. My sister works in retail at BPB and gets a lot of complaints of people coming off of the ride with migraines. I still enjoy the ride experience though - I prefer it now to the original TraumaTizer at Southport.
inFusion

I don't think Merlin would bother - BPB make a loss every year.
Jamie

inFusion wrote:I don't think Merlin would bother - BPB make a loss every year.
Hopefully not this year! They've had their best summer for years in terms of being busy.
stealthsmiler

They are loosing money every year including the reported £1.5 million last year, but they haven't exactly had a decent thrill investment recently. If Merlin took over, they would have the funding to invest a decent amount of money into the park to get it making profits again. Then again Merlin are very money grabbing and a lot of comments have shown that people stopped going after the £5 entry fee was introduced.

Plus Merlin do kinda dominate Blackpool's attractions however if they were to add BPB and include it on the MAP, it could do a lot for the tourism to the area as many people now only visit Blackpool for a weekend/day as opposed to a week like they did years ago. If they had a lot to visit with the MAP, they would probably stay over longer as it would be a cheaper holiday for them (not having to pay to get into the attractions) but would mean they spend more on staying over, food/drink and shopping.
inFusion

stealthsmiler wrote:They are loosing money every year including the reported £1.5 million last year, but they haven't exactly had a decent thrill investment recently. If Merlin took over, they would have the funding to invest a decent amount of money into the park to get it making profits again. Then again Merlin are very money grabbing and a lot of comments have shown that people stopped going after the £5 entry fee was introduced.

Plus Merlin do kinda dominate Blackpool's attractions however if they were to add BPB and include it on the MAP, it could do a lot for the tourism to the area as many people now only visit Blackpool for a weekend/day as opposed to a week like they did years ago. If they had a lot to visit with the MAP, they would probably stay over longer as it would be a cheaper holiday for them (not having to pay to get into the attractions) but would mean they spend more on staying over, food/drink and shopping.
I see your point. Also if they bought BPB, it'd be another excuse to buy a Blackpool Big Ticket :P
Joshysqaushy

Project 2015
BPB have just posted this image on their facebook, rumours have been saying it may be a
Zamperla Air Race but no one can be sure yet, what are your thoughts on what BPB's new ride will be?

DONCASTER ADVENTURE PARKS NEW COASTER
TRAILER:
UPDATES: http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 8&start=40
inFusion

Not an Air Race, please. We already have a ton of flats. If we're getting anything it should be a coaster.

Also, dis. Image
Jack

Mack Multi Launch! (I'm allowed to dream ;))
Ryan.B

Alpina Blitz!
inFusion

More dirty curtains
Markwood71

Just come back from BPB and they are doing some "gentle" ground works between The Big One photo kiosk and Burgerking. That's the only real space available for a new ride - so a compact flat is most likely :no:
Ryan.B

It's on the bling site, I think it will be an Air Race or Gerst sky roller because it's themed around Red arrows I believe.
Burniel

I think it's unlikely we'll see a coaster ready for 5 months time ...
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Ryan.B

No it's not an coaster, it's a flat. It's the bling site. :D
themealgang

Anybody else see the other critic post on BPB's Facebook's page today? The Red Arrow's looping in front of the Big One with the number '2015'. So that pretty much confirms the Zamperla Air Race is on the cards..
stealthsmiler

Im glad that if they do get the Air Race, that they are getting another thrilling flat. They lack good thrilling flat rides, the best being Ice Blast which isn't that good. IMO Wallace and Gromit was a waste of money and the money should have been spent on a new flat ride that could have seen an increase in thrill seekers.
inFusion

New image posted.
Morgan

I definately thinks its a Zamperla Air race now...