Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Adam James

TPE wrote: Pleasure Beach have increased the prices of wristbands!

12Yrs & Over Unlimited Ride Wristbands

£30.00 - Online

£35.00 - Gate Price
Ouch. Thanking my lucky stars i've got a season pass, otherwise they'd get a treasure trove off me this year..
Last edited by Adam James on Wed May 30, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spudcooper

Blimey when did that happen?

I booked my tickets online on Monday evening and paid £27  :D
Adam

For anyone that shops at tesco and has a clubcard... You can currently swap £7.50 in vouchers for a 1 day full admission wristband that is valid for 6 months. Saves quite a bit of money!
Last edited by Adam on Thu May 31, 2012 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
AstroDan

Same goes for Merlin parks.

:)

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk
TPE

I must say a big well done to Pleasure Beach for extending from 8pm - 10pm today. Hopefully we will see this more often.
AstroDan

The whole park was 10pm? Was the ticketed jubilee event on?

ThomasBoothman

AstroDan wrote: The whole park was 10pm? Was the ticketed jubilee event on?

The Jubilee event was on, but they just closed that area off at 8pm from the public. The remainder of the park stayed open till 10pm :)
AstroDan

Wow. That's quite amazing.

No other UK park would do that.

jackgcse

BBPB is amazing for changing opening times! Thats what is so great about it, especially when its been raining for the morning and they wan't more guests to come, so they open hours longer! Its fantastic!
However, from my expereince, Pleasure Beach staff, are the rudest and unproductive staff, within the amusment park business within the UK, I suppose its because the Pleasure beach is run like a fun fair, than of a theme park!
Thats, in my opinion, its only down side!
Ritadz

jackgcse wrote: However, from my expereince, Pleasure Beach staff, are the rudest and unproductive staff, within the amusment park business within the UK
I can see you've never been to Flamingoland. :P

In my experiences, PBB have always been quite good and talkative, and on my visit last month I had some football banter with the Big Dipper staff. :)
SpinballEdders

Ritadz wrote:
In my experiences, PBB have always been quite good and talkative, and on my visit last month I had some football banter with the Big Dipper staff. :)
Out of curiosity, which team did some of them support, I'd imagine Blackpool :P
AstroDan

Blackpool remains the only park I have ever been to where ride staff have told me to '~~~~ Off' - after I crashed on Grand Prix.

Ritadz

SpinballEdders wrote:
Ritadz wrote:
Out of curiosity, which team did some of them support, I'd imagine Blackpool :P
One of them Blackpool, the other one Liverpool. :)
Adam James

AstroDan wrote: Blackpool remains the only park I have ever been to where ride staff have told me to '~~~~ Off' - after I crashed on Grand Prix.

Quite a regular occurance - I'm often told to politely "Jump Off" if there's two cars in the station ;)
Saying that, I'm actually wondering where you bumped? The sensors are quite reliable on the Prix.
AstroDan

This was 4 years ago. I can't remember!

Colossus

TPE wrote: I must say a big well done to Pleasure Beach for extending from 8pm - 10pm today. Hopefully we will see this more often.
Yeah it was nice to see the park extending hours... However, ride throughputs were terrible ALL DAY.  When your signature attraction gets through only approx 626 people per hour running a 2 train service somethings not quite right is it?
John

Capacity has been an issue at PBB for a while, with none of their major coasters capable of getting over 1000/hour.  PMBO should be able to get around 900 though - what was taking them so long?
jackgcse

Gone of the days when BBPB was run like a fun fair and therefore throughput was main priority because if it was slow or broken the park would loose money, but literally no one buys tokens anymore, so they have no need to rush now! Which is pathetic, hints of Merlin Parks coming through? ;)
John

Not really, both Towers and Thorpe are pretty good for throughputs.  Towers especially - they'll hardly even run a ride at low capacity even on off-peak days, and most of their major coasters can achieve well over 1000/hour
Scott

The staff aren't perfect, but they certainly aren't as bad these days as they were four or five years ago to be fair.

I think they get a lot of negative press because of a past reputation, the staff were great last year and a lot of people praised them, but it seemed to go unnoticed outside of the PB fan community.
Number ONE for Pleasure Beach Blackpool;
[url=http://www.pleasurebeachexperience.com\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.pleasurebeachexperience.com[/url]