Cedar Point

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Wes

You can see a video and pictures of the track being installed Here.

Also Here Are some pictures from yesterday, as you can see the construction is going incredibly fast.

I have heard that this ride could possibly to a similar scale to Rita, although with the amount of track seen, Im not sure if thats possible.

What ever this ride is. Its odd. Although, I think we can pretty much say it will be a launch.

Offical press release will be soon.

Mugz x

:rock:
Matt 125

I don't understand why they would want another launch coaster. They already have the unique Top Thrill, with that unique layout.

If this coaster is a racing launch then go ahead. Would be great, certainly then would live up to be a racing theme, if they do that theme.

[quote=""Muggins""]I have heard that this ride could possibly to a similar scale to Rita, although with the amount of track seen, Im not sure if thats possible. [/quote]

Hmmm, agree. With that amount of track I doubt it will be Rita scale. Has got the colour though, and this corner looks very much like the last on Rita. Also, TTD looks just a stones throw away!

Edit: Well the third picture in the selection looks like Rita's last corner!

Matt :)
Matt 125

Oooh, it's all so exciting. The 60 second picture feed camera webcam thingy has been on all the time for me. Just noticing the little changes!

Just seen this nifty little Time Lapse video over on TPR.
Check it out!

Matt :D
Liam

I love the hype and mystery surrounding this project. Very Oblivion-esque. If this was happening at Alton Towers this topic would be doing 15 pages a day! Oh well, we got it a taste of it last year with Rita, even if the end product seems not so exciting now.
stokywolf

[quote=""Mattez125""]Oooh, it's all so exciting. The 60 second picture feed camera webcam thingy has been on all the time for me. Just noticing the little changes!

Just seen this nifty little Time Lapse video over on TPR.
Check it out!

[/quote]

A whole 10 seconds of seeing it staying clear weatherwise at Cedar point on a typical day anything else i was ment to be looking at in that video?

Atleast that is the only boring part related to this whole project, i for one am really excited about this coaster and most probably won't even get chance to ride the thing.
Tavern hall of famer - rockerz my sockerz
Williscroft

As you can see from looking at the webcam http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/fun/webcams/index.cfm we have lift off lol, few more higher surports are now in place, they seem to be moving on with the constuction quite qucikly actualy as when i checked last night none of those surports were up. Also theres already plenty of track on the actual construction site and yet more and more of it keeps arriving on the back of lorries, looks like its going to be a long decent ride :D
Sir John Talbot

Is this an Intamin launched coaster? If so, seems very odd to get another one when it quite clearly is going to be in the shadow of TTD. Perhaps it's an Aqua Trax?

Are there any plans for the ride?
Last edited by Sir John Talbot on Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wes

More information on the ride, with plans etc etc, will be realeased within the next 2 weeks.

Hopefuly there will be an update later because of the time difference.

Mugz x

Williscroft

You might want to keep an eye on the webcam now, since i last posted all the new surports have recieved their track, this really is the fastest coster ive ever seen put up.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/fun/webcams/index.cfm
Wes

An update from yesterday -

A view of the newly complete airtime hill from the 'station'

Side on view of the airtime hill.

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if it was complete by the end of the week. (depending on the size of the ride)

Mugz x

Adz
Admin
Admin

Dr Pop Rocket

Doopy Dan

I find what you are all saying about suerly it cant be another launched coaster a bit stupid, as thats the same in every way shape and form saying, (back in 2001) 'why are Alton Towers getting another rollercoaster with the same track, and with a lift hill, when its in the shadow of nemesis, maybe it never occured to you that maybe, just maybe they wanted another launched coaster?, you would never ever hear anyone saying that about a coaster with a lift hill, but then you do when its launched, why?, seems a bit silly to me :P
Adz
Admin
Admin

Think you'll find people are saying its unlikely to be another rocket coaster, not a launch coaster. To be perfectly honest there is no way you can deny this is going to have a launch of some kind.

I'm expecting some LIMs to appear soon.
Dr Pop Rocket

It was posted on an american coaster forum that LIM track has arrived, so this coaster is not a Rocket Coaster but a LIM Coaster. Plus its rumoured to have the wingwalker (Or are they windwalker) trains.
Sir John Talbot

Wow, this coaster seems really intruiging to me, primarily because I haven't the slightest idea what it is :lol:.

So, it's a LIM launch with 'wingwalker' trains? Interesting. Seems like a bigger, more impressive version of Rita.
Matt 125

On the Cedar Point webby, a new flying banner has been added to the top. It says;

[quote=""Cedar Point""]The Secret's Out in 9 Days! [/quote]

So, we will soon be finding out what this is! Woot!

Liam

This has to be the strangest looking coaster I've ever seen!

Look!
Craig

Looks extremely strange! Looking at the angle of those turns, it should make for a very intense ride. Can't wait for them to confirm exactly what it is now!