Cedar Point

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Williscroft

No point taking them atm lol as all the work men have now gone home, looks like they were only bringing them onto the site today and hopefuly we will see construction of them tomorrow :) :D
G-Force

The top pieces are arrving now
R U Ready TO Experiance The Force Of The G
Williscroft

Ive been watching woundering when they would apear as i hadnt seen them on the car park pictures, its going to be huge, id say we may see some of them go up today as its still not lunch there and they usualy work till about 5:00 well they have been the past 2 weeks :D
G-Force

The second top piece has now arrived.

It certainly looks very nice in the snowy picture - with ttd in the background. And it looks huge compared to the people.
Adz
Admin
Admin

lol @ the watermark on a picture which isnt yours to copyright - plus god knows what drayton manor has to do with Skyhawk.

Should be interesting to see it be constructed anyway. Can't see it being much better than Rush, if anything it will loose the nice floaty rushy feeling and get a bit more intense, something which i wouldn't want on a Screamin' Swing.
Williscroft

lol i did also think what incomon dose it have with Drayton Manor but hay dont matter lol. Id say theres going to be alot of change soon so maybe a screenshot of the day would be better rahter than alot other wise this topic it going to be huge. :)
Tom M

Why are you writing the name of your website on an image that doesnt belong to you in any way whatsoever?
Looks a brilliant ride from those CGI's will it be better than Rush or will it just be a letdown?
G-Force

I put my name on it because - i am the one that took the screenshots, because not everyone will know when they arrive - so if people use the photo i took they know its from me.
G-Force

possible vertical construction.
Williscroft

Yer it dose look like it, ive been watching it for an hour now and they started before 8 which they dont usualy start that early. Also the top arch ways arrived last night and they moved them somewere thats not visible on the web cam at the moment.

With them starting this early id say they are going to start lifting the surports in to place so keep watching :) :D
G-Force

The top section now on site.

The above picture is of the Live webcam - Refresh every 60 seconds to see the new image.
Williscroft

From seeing how quickly this has gone up today i would say the main structure will be done before christmas to get that out of the way. Not shure about the arms as i havent even seen them on site yet. :)
G-Force

Top Section now up and Complete
Williscroft

Skyhawk's massive air tanks are now being brought onto the construction site. Id say these will probably be the next thing to go up as id of thought the floor would of been completed before they attach the arms to make things alot easyer. :D

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/inside ... amera3.cfm
Tom M

As you can now see they have attached the arms on which the gondolas will be attached.

Williscroft

Yer i think that happend yesturday or the day before, id of thought they would concreet the floor or do what ever they are going to do with it first before they attached the arms but owell, i surpose they know what their doing lol :lol: :)
G-Force

The logos now on site .
Williscroft

G-Force have you done something to your pictures as they keep changing meaning they dont match what you have written about them etc :?

Any way they seem to have put the logo to one side for now and they are now moving the large air tanks into place :)

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/inside ... amera3.cfm
G-Force

[quote=""williscroft""]G-Force have you done something to your pictures as they keep changing meaning they dont match what you have written about them etc :?
[/quote]

Yes - they are live webcam pictures - so they shall change during the day.

Also under the blue sheets - are the seats - they arrived 2 days ago.
Williscroft

Ahhh didnt know you could put a their live web cam on another site like that :? Any ways, the logo has now been attached to the top of the ride, i dont know wether there will be two logos, one for each side but all ive seen so far is one. :)