Cedar Point

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Dom

I believe the photo was found online as a source has been mentioned :)
Liam.W

Dom wrote:I believe the photo was found online as a source has been mentioned :)
You would be correct Dom, someone get you a job as a detective. :clap: :lol
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Liam.W

RMC Cross-ties have been installed on a small section of Mean Streak!

Image from CP Rundown

But not just that...
RMC Ibox track has appeared on site!

Image from In The Loop
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Chris
Admin
Admin

Very excited about this. Mean Streak is a similar ride to the original Texas Giant at Six Flags over Texas, which RMC did an incredible job on.

Going by what they have learnt on all their different projects, and how much beter the rides have been since - this should be amazing.
MakoMania

Is it just me or does it seem too early for track to be on site if this is a 2018 project? But then again, it seems a little late for a 2017 project.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Chris
Admin
Admin

RMC built Wildfire and Joker in a couple of months, so they can work at speed - maybe a summer 17 opening is viable. Those Sandusky winters are a killer though.
MakoMania

RMC track is now being installed onto Mean Streak. Looks like 2017 to me!
MakoMania

Just realised nobody had posted this on here. Looks absolutely insane, can't wait for a full announcement! Still wondering if it's for 2017 or 2018. Seems to be too far along for 2018, but not quite far enough for 2017!

(Picture from Coaster Studios' Facebook)
ThemeCrafter264

From what it looks like from the supports in the far end, there will be a seriously banked drop or even better a barrel roll drop!
Chris
Admin
Admin

Wow! Definitely on the list for next year.
MakoMania

Found this image on the Coasterforce forums, WOW:

17 or 18, 17 or 18!?!??!?!?! No matter which year it opens, it's looking to be quite the spectacular ride, that banking leaning into an inversion or whatever the hell it is looks INSANE!
MakoMania

Another viewpoint from the Winter Chill Out today, all over twitter so have no idea where to credit it :lol

Chris
Admin
Admin

It's interesting to see what the layout will look like, and if it has any resemblance to the New Texas Giant - as the original coasters were similar.
MakoMania

I'm back again with yet another construction image, it's all getting very exciting now! The first hill seems to have been completed now and looks ready for track hopefully in the not too distant future! What is interesting is that the 2nd hill appears to be almost the same height (if not higher, it's hard to tell from this angle) than the 1st hill which suggests that we will likely see some sort of launch!

THIS THING LOOKS INSANE!!!
ThemeCrafter264

I don't expect a launch, especially after lightening rod's major issues. The chances are it will be a normal lift hill and the wood for the lift hill is not yet complete
MakoMania

The lift hill wood looks about complete according to some reliable/experienced members on TPR/CF. Also the flag on the 2nd hill supports the idea that that will be the tallest point on the ride. I was initially sceptical, but the idea of a launch is seeming more and more realistic to me, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Regardless, it looks like a world class coaster!

It's worth remembering that RMC didn't manufacture the launch on Lightning Rod, so they could go with a different manufacturer if they wanted to. Also, Lightning Rod will have given the teams some experience with the launch system, so installing it a 2nd time should be a smoother process.
NemesisRider

Are we absolutely sure that the lift on this isn't going any higher? Because, unless Meaner Streak/Mean Streak RMC is launched, the middle of that hill isn't going to have much airtime, especially knowing how fast RMCs burn off their speed...

Definitely intrigued to see this project finished. I personally think they'll be opting for a traditional lift hill for reliability reasons (Cedar Fair mainly invests in reliable B&Ms), hopefully the rest of the layout is as crazy!
Max

The lift hill isn't close to complete. Look at the angle of the new wood.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
MakoMania

They are building it up in layers so they have at least another layer to add. Hopefully more but we'll see :P
Max

There is already track at the bottom of the lift. Follow the angle and it looks like so.
Far more lift hill still to come.

Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888