Cedar Point

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Today saw a couple of sections of track for the drop from the MCBR go up.

Liam.W

Credit: @TonyClarkCP on Twitter
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

lewis97
Admin
Admin

More of the drop from the MCBR went up yesterday, with the other support being partially assembled/erected today ready for them to lift the MCBR tomorrow.

Liam.W

@TonyClarkCP posted this to Twitter with the caption "I think we're missing a piece..."

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Although the webcam is a little out of focus right now, you should be able to see that more of the dive loop's entrance has been installed today (the first sections went in a couple of days ago), and that the crew are working late tonight to set the final brake run in place.

Here are also some images from Tony Clark's Twitter.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Although there hasn't been any more track put up since the last post, all the remaining supports now look to be on site, with most assembled on the ground and a couple of the smaller ones set onto their footers.

Owen

MakoMadness have an update, showing that Valravn's train was revealed today, it shows the new tests into and the, odd, colour scheme -

Ground level construction -

Here's the full front row of the train, from Wonder World Facebook -

Burniel

I don't like the look of those trains - they contrast the track colour in a bad way.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Dom

I must admit the more of this i see the more i am beginning to like it. The train colour scheme isn't that great, but it might be a grower. Are B&M trying to roll out that type of restraint now on all their new coasters? or is just on a select few?
Capt.Barnacles

It's B&M moving into a new generation of their coasters. Valravn will be the first second gen Dive Machine coaster, just as Banshee was the first true 2nd gen invert. Though one could count OzIris as the first due to the lack of a pre drop. Less and less B&Ms are being made with pre drops too, the last one was Hair Raiser at Ocean City, and that opened in 2011.
Owen

You would think they'd make it look half decent then :lol
lewis97
Admin
Admin

To be fair we haven't seen a full train on the track yet, so I'd be reluctant to form a full opinion until then.

Although I don't find the colour scheme as a whole the most appealing, it has grown on me since the original announcement, especially now that we've seen what it actually looks like installed.
stealthsmiler

Couldnt lap bars work on a dive machine, I think they would feel great, you'd feel so exposed as you dropped. Ones similar to Shambhala, or are they not suitable for inversions.

As for these restraints - I like them
Burniel

I've noticed something else about the restraints: surely this type is quite wide for a Dive? The last thing you want on a Dive coaster is more width, surely.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
NemesisRider

stealthsmiler wrote:Couldnt lap bars work on a dive machine, I think they would feel great, you'd feel so exposed as you dropped. Ones similar to Shambhala, or are they not suitable for inversions.

As for these restraints - I like them
I see what you mean about lap bars. Take the MACK Lost Gravity trains, they use lap bars and some of the seats have no floor. If these had more seats per row and had more cars then MACK could have great dive coaster trains.
Max

Dan C wrote:It's B&M moving into a new generation of their coasters. Valravn will be the first second gen Dive Machine coaster
Surely this will be third gen, as I thought Oblivion and G5 were the only first generation dive coasters.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
Owen

Although it'd be interesting, imagine how uncomfortable it would be to have lap bars on the holding brake, because your feet won't have something to push on and your upper body wouldn't have something to be held by, your entire body weight would be being held by that one bar right near your belly and crotch. Personally, I don't find the idea of having my body weight being held by that area alone that appealing, but each to their own.
Liam.W

The dive loop looks pretty much complete!

lewis97
Admin
Admin

The Dive Loop is now complete and the track begins its ascent into the Zero-g Roll.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

The entrance of the Zero-g roll went up today, along with supports for the airtime hill and the exit of the helix that follows the roll.

EDIT: A couple more supports went up after I posted, namely one for the exit from the airtime hill and another for the entrance to the final brake run.