Busch Gardens Tampa

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
MakoMania

Touring Central FL has a great BGT park update:

http://touringcentralflorida.com/2017/0 ... mber-2017/

It appears that Kumba is recieving some new paint, although it is still unclear if the entire ride will be repainted. Meanwhile, a new Porcupine exhibit is being introduced in the Edge of Africa area and one of the two new for 2017 Howl-O-Scream mazes has been named as Demented Dimensions.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
MakoMania

A couple of exciting BGT updates today:

The park have started to tease "a new thrill" coming to Adventure Island (Busch Gardens' Waterpark) in 2018. The teaser video hints strongly towards a drop capsule slide like Ihu's Breakaway Falls at Aquatica Orlando. It's great to see continued investment in Adventure Island with this new attraction and Colossal Curl in 2015 as before the park was pretty neglected in terms of investment.

Also, another new for 2017 Howl-O-Scream maze has been announced: Undead Arena. We now know 6/7 of this year's mazes:

Undead Arena (new 2017)
Demented Dimensions (new 2017)
Zombie Containment Unit 15
Death Water Bayou
Unearthed
Motel Hell

It has also been revealed that this year's event will feature at least 5 scare zones!
MakoMania

Got a really exciting rumour for BGT in 2018!

Kumba VR

Oh dear :(
jackf1tz

Maybe Merlin have secretly bought SeaWorld. ;)
Ladyofthelake

It's being reported this evening that Busch Gardens Tampa have indefinitely closed a number of attractions in the Jungala area of the theme park in an effort to cut costs.

As part of the closures, the entirety of the Treetop Trails section of Jungala, located towards the back of the park, has been closed which included the attractions Wild Surge, Jungle Flyers, and the climbing structures and water play areas. Staff who worked on these attractions are being reassigned to other areas of the park. The Tiger Trail and Orangutan Outpost animal habitats, Bengal Bistro and Tiger’s Den gift shop remain open.

It is perhaps a little concerning to see more attractions closed at Busch Gardens with seemingly no replacements, especially as this is a relatively newer area of the park having been opened in 2008. The loss of the Treetop Trails also means the park has lost an attraction which was aimed at guests who are too old for the Seaseme Street attractions, but not yet at the point where they can enjoy the likes of Kumba or Montu. It also means these latest closed attractions will join Gwazi, Tidal Wave, and Rhino Rally as SBNO.

I really hope this isn't a bad sign for Busch Gardens. Although I last visited in 2005, I still love this park and it's sad to see them having to make these kind of cost cutting measures :(
MakoMania

It seems like the OPEX cuts for the entire company are pretty much all landing on BGT and to a lesser extent on BGW. Almost none anywhere else.
MakoMania

Ladyofthelake wrote:It's being reported this evening that Busch Gardens Tampa have indefinitely closed a number of attractions in the Jungala area of the theme park in an effort to cut costs.

As part of the closures, the entirety of the Treetop Trails section of Jungala, located towards the back of the park, has been closed which included the attractions Wild Surge, Jungle Flyers, and the climbing structures and water play areas. Staff who worked on these attractions are being reassigned to other areas of the park. The Tiger Trail and Orangutan Outpost animal habitats, Bengal Bistro and Tiger’s Den gift shop remain open.

It is perhaps a little concerning to see more attractions closed at Busch Gardens with seemingly no replacements, especially as this is a relatively newer area of the park having been opened in 2008. The loss of the Treetop Trails also means the park has lost an attraction which was aimed at guests who are too old for the Seaseme Street attractions, but not yet at the point where they can enjoy the likes of Kumba or Montu. It also means these latest closed attractions will join Gwazi, Tidal Wave, and Rhino Rally as SBNO.

I really hope this isn't a bad sign for Busch Gardens. Although I last visited in 2005, I still love this park and it's sad to see them having to make these kind of cost cutting measures :(
All the Jungala attractions have now reopened with the exception of Jungle Flyers which is down for annual maintenance.

Also.....

SeaWorld have submitted trade mark applications for the names:

-Twisted Tiger
-Uproar
-Tigris

Rumours are circulating about what these names could mean, but most enthusiasts were pretty excited when seeing the first one. It kinda rings a bell, Twisted Colossus, Twisted Cyclone, Twisted Timbers...Twisted Tiger!?

However, the park have repeatedly said that Gwazi was due to be torn down, whether or not this includes the possibility of an RMC is unclear. Gwazi has been standing there for a good 3 years now, so to keep the structure I would imagine that you would need significant structural work, which I'm not sure SeaWorld are in a position to finance.

The other possibility is the Tidal Wave site, which is actually located fairly close to the park's Tiger habitats. A Premier Rides Sky Rocket II would fit well here, and whilst it would be a clone, it would provide a cheap way to install another thrilling coaster at BGT to add to their already great coaster selection.

The speculation continues, something is definitely happening though......
MakoMania

Gwazi now has it's supports littered with markings that look eerily similar to Mean Streak and the like.
JC13

MakoMania wrote:Gwazi now has it's supports littered with markings that look eerily similar to Mean Streak and the like.
So excited! If this is an RMC i am praying for 2019, as I will be in Florida then. Can’t wait to see what comes from this!
XtremeCoasters Rick

It would be nice to have another duelling RMC. I love Twisted Colossus at Magic Mountain  :D
Gentlemen, start your engines !!
Ladyofthelake

According to ThrillGeek on Twitter, Busch Gardens Tampa are due to make a big announcement next Monday (30th April) with the only hint being given in the email they've sent out being 'Thrills are on Tap'.

With the recent markings being spotted on Gwazi could this announcement be regarding the future plans for the SBNO wooden coaster, or could we be seeing a different announcement?
MakoMania

Here is what people have been sent.

The park are beginning a new Bier Fest event this year, but this seems too early for that with the event not beginning until 25th August.

Predictions amongst enthusiasts for BGT's new coaster are largely split between an RMC conversion of Gwazi and a Premier Rides Sky Rocket II.
Robert.W

Gwazi RMC conversion I suspect it will be. 

MakoMania

The park have submitted an application to demolish Tidal Wave, however all existing buildings on the site will remain.
MakoMania

SOMETHING'S BREWING AT BUSCH GARDENS....

NEW BEGINNINGS COME FROM OLD TRADITIONS.

WE'LL BE POURING OUT THE DETAILS SOON.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE NEWS ON BREWS.
JC13

That sounds like an RMC. “New beginnings from old traditions” sounds like something new is coming from an old attraction, like an RMC from a woodie, guess we just have to wait to see...
MakoMania

My bet is still with a Premier Rides Sky Rocket II, but we will see. RMC Gwazi would also be great.
MakoMania

Tidal Wave deconstruction is now underway, a new steel roller coaster is expected to be opening there next year.
abigsmurf

I've fond memories of the Tidal wave first time I went to Florida almost 20 years ago. Loved the splash zone as a kid (and as we were in the height of summer I dried off pretty quick).
Gavinr

yeah I first went on that ride back in 1990 on my first, and so far only, visit to Florida. It was the first time i'd seen anything like it and the amount of water is pushed into the splash zone was incredible. I also remember the rapids where you actually went through the waterfall, getting soaked in the process, unlike the one at AT where the waterfall was just on either side of the river.