Busch Gardens Tampa

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
vikkimoo

Oh god yes, the Tidal Wave was AMAZING! 
MakoMania

Project 2019 Tidal Wave demolition update:

http://touringcentralflorida.com/2018/0 ... ens-tampa/
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
MakoMania

Sky Rocket II practically confirmed.

https://parkrumors.com/bgt-project-teel-2019-coaster/
ScottLann

Falcon's Fury seems to have been down for quite some time now and apparently they're waiting on new parts to come? Wonder what's going on  :roll:
Be Chosen - Join Us - You Better Not Go Alone - Assume The Position - Don't Look Down - Sit Back, It's Fright Time
MakoMania

Just an update on Falcon's Fury: the ride has been shut for months after sustaining severe damage from a much stronger than normal lightning strike. Replacement parts from Intamin have now been installed, but I'm told that the ride has to be tested and commissioned again as if it were brand new.

The park want to reopen it ASAP, guest services are currently saying it will be back open in time for Howl-O-Scream however I wouldn't be surprised if it reopened earlier.
MakoMania

Falcon's Fury has returned to service this afternoon!
MakoMania

Busch Gardens has announced Tigirs, a brand new Premier Rides Sky Rocket II triple launch coaster for 2019.

Busch Gardens also just massively teased RMC Gwazi for 2020, saying (with emphasis) that Gwazi has always had a ROCKY ride and that it (Gwazi) will be "revamped" into a whole new ride experience for 2020.
theparklifekid

MakoMania wrote:Busch Gardens has announced Tigirs, a brand new Premier Rides Sky Rocket II triple launch coaster for 2019.

Busch Gardens also just massively teased RMC Gwazi for 2020, saying (with emphasis) that Gwazi has always had a ROCKY ride and that it (Gwazi) will be "revamped" into a whole new ride experience for 2020.
Not to mention they did it in a 'Hybrid' announcement!
I don't really care about Tigris, its an off the shelf model, but Gwazi? oh hohohoh.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
MakoMania

Busch Gardens Tampa have filed a construction permit to "partially demolish" some structures and fully demolish certain buildings.

It is not known where in the park this is related to although it is largely expected to be related to the previously teased Rocky Mountain conversion of Gwazi for 2020.
Ladyofthelake

How do you reveal the train design for your new roller coaster when the train itself isn't ready and you want to reveal it at IAAPA? Simple - make the train in cake form of course!

The train design for Tigris, the Premier Rides Sky Rocket coaster due to open next year, has been revealed at IAAPA today, with a special cake made in the form of the train unveiled at the show:

And for those who want a non edible version (and for when the cake has been eaten), there was also a concept image shared:
JC13

Ladyofthelake wrote:

Does this mean Tigris will use the 2 car trains instead of the 3 car trains used on other SeaWorld sky rocket twos, or do you think this will change?
Ladyofthelake

Whilst it's been known that Gwazi will be getting the RMC treatment for a while, today has seen the official permits issued (the US version of planning permission) for the conversion of Gwazi into an RMC coaster, as confimed by Bill @ Touring Central Florida on Twitter. Whilst there has been some preparation work on the site, the issuing of the permit now means that any demolition work can now get underway meaning we should start to see much more visible changes soon.
MakoMania

From the ECC's First Drop magazine:

"The new Gwazi will make some major modifications to the duelling coasters. The first of which is to remove its duelling element. A new steel structure lift hill will give the coaster a 65m (212ft) 91degree first drop. Making it the tallest and steepest RMC hybrid coaster as well as the tallest coaster in florida. The original lift hills will remain and feature as "normal" hills on the new track"

Anybody here subscribe to the magazine?
ScottLann

Is this official or just a rumour? Would love it to be true though!
Be Chosen - Join Us - You Better Not Go Alone - Assume The Position - Don't Look Down - Sit Back, It's Fright Time
MakoMania

Busch Gardens will kick off their 60th celebration in style on Friday March 1st, with the park open until 9pm. Special events include:

-Announcement on the future of Gwazi
-Fireworks display
-Shayna Steele concert
-Florida Orchestra appearance

Thanks to Touring Central Florida!
MakoMania

Busch Gardens will recieve a new RMC hybrid coaster for 2020:

-North America's tallest hybrid (over 200ft)
-World's steepest hybrid
-World's fastest hybrid
-more info coming later this year

https://twitter.com/BuschGardens/status ... 5108882432
Swarm Chris

Project 2020 lives! It just found a new home.

Looks awesome and the potential for even more over-the-top insane RMC elements.
Ladyofthelake

This looks amazing! I love that Busch Gardens are going all out to transform Gwazi into something that should be absolutely incredible. Whilst we don't know the whole layout yet, there is this photo published by various accounts on Twitter showing the first drop:

Image credit: Brandon Stoff

Also, to give an idea of just how much taller than Gwazi this new ride is going to be, Busch Gardens kindly placed a height balloon so we can see just what an impact this conversion is going to have:

Image Credit: Bill @ Touring Central Florida

To try and give a bit of context as to just how high this ride will be - Steel Vengeance at Cedar Point (the current tallest hyper hybrid coaster) is 205ft tall at its highest point at the top of the lift hill, that's the same height as Stealth at Thorpe Park Resort. This new ride is going to be taller than that, and as mentioned previously will take the record for the tallest, steepest, and fastest hyper hybrid coaster, taking Steel Vengeance's crown!

I really, really need to find a way to get back to Florida to experience this!!
Wagstaff04

This looks insane, and just in time for my potential Florida trip in 2021. However, I have seen people already assuming that this will be better than Steel Vengeance. Can we ride it first, then judge afterwards? Stats don’t mean anything. 
MakoMania

Staff have started to ride Tigris, opening date announcement can't be too far off now!