Busch Gardens Tampa

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The third webisode takes a look at the queue-line, including a peek at the projection mapping element, as well as the ride's shop and surrounding area. It also features some testing footage.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

It has been announced that Cobra's Curse will officially open next Friday (June 17th). Today's press release also included some photos of the finished queue-line and station.

Owen

Cobras Curse is now open, and has received some really positive reviews!

The second win in a week for SeaWorld!

This Midway Mania press event video shows various section of the ride including the projection mapping effects, interviews and some ride footage!
Danny

So glad to hear it's receiving positive reviews, it looks a fun, solid family attraction and I look forward to experiencing it one day in the future.
Queue looks so well themed as well- love it :)
MakoMania

No words for this evil, awful news :(

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/regio ... s-in-tampa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Burniel

A couple of observations from my trip yesterday:

1. Cobra's Curse is a really fun family coaster, so much better than the likes of Maurer spinners.

2. It's really noticeable that the removal of Tidal Wave has put concerning stress on the rest of the park's water rides. I saw both the rapids and flume on 75 and 90 minutes respectively (it was a hot day to be fair) and although these looked exaggerated, they were by far the longest looking queues at the park (Montu didn't pass 15 minutes all day!)
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
MakoMania

Florida parks including Disney, Universal, SeaWorld & Busch Gardens have begun to provide free mosquito repellent to guests "out of an abundance of caution" as the Zika virus spreads.
Owen

Rumour suggests the original attraction set to open this year to replace Gwazi will open in 2018 or 2019. The reason this was pushed back is believed to be because SeaWorld parks wanted Mako to have a fighting chance, and to see how B&M coasters of the style would perform commercially. The new attraction is rumoured to one-up Mako in that it is expected to be a Giga coaster, meaning it will reach heights of at least 300ft. If the attraction is set to replace Gwazi - deconstruction is expected to begin in 2017.

Remember this is only rumour but seeing as this attraction was planned originally - I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes true!
Danny

I'd much rather see what RMC could do with Gwazi, but a giga would be a great addition also :)
Theo

I would also prefer to see what RMC could do to spruce up Gwazi, but would not be annoyed either if they added an airtime giga because this would also be a great fit for the park. Oh, and Cobra's Curse, from what I remember, was a great family ride. Busch Gardens hit the nail on the head with that family coaster.
Owen

Busch Gardens have closed Congo River Rapids for the foreseeable future in wake of the tragedy taken place at Dreamworld Australia. The ride will remain closed until they are certain it is safe to run.
MakoMania

It was already supposed to be closed for general work to take place until Dec 23rd anyway so hopefully any issues can be resolved by then.
Theo

Does anyone know who actually manufactured Dreamworld's Thunder River Rapids? I've looked around and cannot find anything, and Intamin have stated on their website that it wasn't them.
Burniel

This company made the boats. I can't find the manufacturer for the ride system itself, perhaps it was built in-house or by some small, local company?
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
MakoMania

Iceploration will close in April and is being replaced with a brand new production this summer!
MakoMania

The gate price has now increased to $104.99! Still cheaper than Universal & Disney!
MakoMania

So I've been doing a little digging and thinking about what the park could be up to for their next major project. Everything is pointing towards 2019 as we know that SeaWorld Orlando and San Diego will be getting the cash in 2018 for Infinity Falls and Electric Eel. Also, if it were for 2018 it's likely we would have seen some sort of permits by now. I'm reliably informed that RMC Gwazi is highly unlikely to be happening as the station and queue line have suffered severe structural and aesthetic damage and have been completely neglected. Last year we got a great family coaster with Cobra's Curse so it's likely that BGT will want to up the thrills again as it will have been 5 years since the opening of Falcon's Fury. A giga coaster would do this for sure and is a suggestion that has already been talked about quite a bit. SeaWorld has a good relationship with B&M as well as Intamin, both of whom could manufacture such a ride. Also, the park's two SBNO attractions (Gwazi & Tidal Wave) line up perfectly for a great out and back giga layout similar to Fury 325 or Leviathan as shown in my very basic visualisation below:

Of course we can only hope, but with RMC Gwazi almost entirely off the cards and this new space opening up, a giga coaster seems like a logical choice.
MakoMania

Demolition has now begun on Tanganyika Tidal Wave :)

Can only mean one thing, something's coming :D :P
MakoMania

The park have now filed permits for some major tree removal, although the location is not yet specified in the permit application.
MakoMania

We now know that this will be the location of the tree removal: between Kumba and the Serengeti Plains.
(Credit to Touring Central Florida)
It looks like a great place to put a hotel overlooking the plains. It is also quite close to the former Rhino Rally area so it is not impossible that the area could be used for a new roller coaster. I do think they will want to use the old Gwazi & Tidal Wave spots for ride developments first though.