Busch Gardens Tampa

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Owen

As expected the trains were revealed early today

Photo from Pixles At The Parks.

Here is a Facebook video from Theme Park Review showing the car rotating.

Here is a video TPR did as a live stream featuring a short interview and construction site walk.
Owen

Attractions Magazine has just posted this video that includes some good information about the story and the ride layout.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Here are some various photos from yesterday's train reveal and construction site tour taken by Mako Madness. There's also a very comprehensive video here.

Alongside further details about the ride's queue-line, some things of note are the addition of the themed wheels at the top of the elevator lift, the start of the large cobra theming feature and the extra supports which serve no purpose other than to look good.

Ladyofthelake

The giant snake feature theming has now been installed which alongside the peak of the vertical lift represents the highest point of the ride. I have to say the feature looks very impressive rising up next to the vertical lift. Below are just a couple of photos from Pixels at the Parks' latest update. The update also includes a time lapse video of the installation of the snake.

Liam.W

Wow that is impressive! I bet that will look awesome when you peak the lift!
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Owen

Busch Gardens have said that as you pass under. The snakes head, you will have the curse passed onto your vehicle. They also said the plan to do this by using air, light abd sound.

Not only this, but they have also said that this will feature a world first station. The station will not only feature a continuously moving platform (like a flume or Rapids ride), but also for riders who need more time to board the ride, there will actually be a section of the station where the train will be removed from the main moving boarding area, and transferred into a stationary boarding area via a fast moving transfer track. This allows able riders to carry on boarding via the moving platform, as well as riders that need extra time to board in a stationary area. This is, in my opinion, is an extremely clever idea - as it allows for the trains to continually move, unlike on MAURER spinning rides, where the trains are stopped in the station. If these elements work I can really see this as one of the best family coaster out there, and it is already easily the best spinning coaster.
Owen

Track work for Cobra's Curse is now complete, there are multiple images over at Pixels at the Parks.
MakoMania

It as been revealed that as part of SeaWorld Entertainments vision to create "experiences that matter" for their guests, Cobra's Curse will feature several educational elements such as learning about snakes in the queue line whilst viewing a real animal habitat that has been built into there.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Ladyofthelake

It would seem that the closure of water rides isn't just happening here in the UK as Busch Gardens Tampa have confirmed that Tanganyika Tidal Wave has had its final day of operation. It's not been stated why the ride is closing, however, with it being in operation since 1977 (originally the African Queen Boat Ride, then as Tanganyika Tidal Wave from 1989) it would probably be fair to say the attraction has reached the end of its operational life. At the moment there is no news on what will be replacing the attraction. Full details can be found on either Thrillgeek or Pixels at the Parks.
MakoMania

I will miss it. Very refreshing on a hot & humid day! It was looking tired though.
Themeparksandy1981

Would have been nice for it to last to it's 40th birthday. I think that's what lacking at Busch Gardens is a very good themed water ride. I also didn't think much to the log flume.
Burniel

Just before I make my first ever trip this summer! What a shame, would have been a great ride to do in the 40-degree heat.

Will be interesting to see what happens to the site though :)
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Owen

This video from In The Loop shows Cobra's Curse testing, although only showing the ride going up the vertical lift and around the outward banked corner. :)
MakoMania

More information has been revealed about the queue for Cobra's Curse in this video:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The park have posted this short video of Cobra's Curse testing from off-ride.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Busch Gardens Tampa have now posted an on-ride POV of Cobra's Curse and it does generally look like a good family coaster.
Max

I will be honest and say I am a little underwhelmed, but I reserve full judgement until I ride it next summer.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
Aidan Lowe

I actually think its a decent family attraction, it has a decent lift like a serpent, a forwards section, a train turning mid circuit brake run which leads to a backwards section then a spinning part.

Surpassed my expectations anyway.
Last edited by Aidan Lowe on Wed May 11, 2016 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
MakoMania

Can't wait to ride this summer, looks like a really fun family coaster!
MakoMania

Cobra's Curse wouldn't be a new SeaWorld built ride without its own bit of controversy. :lol

http://web.tampabay.com/things-to-do/tr ... se/2278244" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I definitley don't know as much as snakes as I do about cetaceans, but this seems just a tad over the top.