SeaWorld Orlando

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Dr Pop Rocket

Introducing Aquatica - a whimsical, one-of-a-kind water park that's only in Orlando and could only come from SeaWorld. Where one river floats you through an undersea world of colorful fish and another races you into rolling rapids. Slides that spin and soak you, and our incredible signature ride - two awesome, enclosed tube slides that send you speeding through a lively lagoon filled with playful Commerson's dolphins. Delight in the serene-to-extreme waters in the gigantic double wave pools and soak in the sun (or the cooling shade) on the white sand beach. Aquatica is where the fun is as endless as the sea itself.

Concept Art

Official Site

When I first saw this all I could think of was, "wow"...

This just looks like it will be one fantastic waterpark, this place once open will be a huge boost to Seaworld as it looks like this could be one of, if not the top waterpark in the US.
Spendleb

I'm going in May next year so should hopefully be able to visit the park (bet it's busy!), I can't wait!
Ash

Wow that looks incredible! Not a lot on offer, for what i would imagine is a busy park. And Wet N Wild is just over the road?
Spendleb

In the scheme of things it's at the opposite end of I Drive from Wet & Wild which is a bit jaded these days anyway, I've seen a few screenshots of the tubes going up and they look brilliant.
Thomas

Nice, looks impressive but like Titler said, looks smallish? Maybe that's just to get it on the concept art but still...

I'm liking the look of those flumes under the wales

Thomas
AstroDan

Looks great.

They don't seem to do Master Blasters? Is this due to if someone comes off it has to stop, or what?

:?
Spendleb

That happened at Splash Landings when we went in Jan, they had to stop the ride and walk the guy off the ride!
Thomas

[quote=""Spendleb""]That happened at Splash Landings when we went in Jan, they had to stop the ride and walk the guy off the ride![/quote]

Haha, no joke that most probably was my dad, had to walk of with my sis & it was around January time :D
Happens a fair bit though

Hadn't noticed no master blaster until Dan said, out door parks don't tend to have them though do they? And im sure the through put would be good for a park that size

Thomas
Stu

Yeah like we spoke about yesterday Astro. Lots of reasons prob why, one USa normaly being a hell of alot busier than UK Water Parks so they don't want delays of people falling off, also we know USA are compensation crazy, imagen if someone comes off falls near the blaster part to push up or whatever, im sure they will find a way to sue in USA.

Looks to be a good water park. Sea world have come a long way in past few years!
Adam

Typhoon Lagoon Waterpark has 2 Master Blasters, smaller than AT's but they have them.

I saw the land clearance opposite Sea World last year when i went, it's a big area!

Here are some construction photos taken end of last year...

Click to Enlarge...

*Adäm x
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Ash

Typhoon lagoon has 3?
Adam

No, they have Crush n' Gusher... 2.

*Adäm x
TenZero

Winding rivers throughout Aquatica also offer two different journeys from serene to extreme. One river carries guests through gentle waterfalls, past exotic birds and into and undersea grotto with thousands of colourful fish. An adjacent river offers pure thrill, jetting riders through rolling rapids, rushing geysers and racing waters. Colorful eight lane racing slides, triple drop raft rides, double inner tubes and a six story family ride round out the mix of thrills.
Wow, sounds pretty good to me!
Ash

And i quote from Wikipedia....
Crush 'N' Gusher "water coaster" is the newest attraction located in the new Hideaway Bay section of Disney's Typhoon Lagoon. Themed around an abandoned and decaying tropical fruit processing center, this thrill ride is unique to North America. Guests ride in two or three person rafts, choosing between three different slides, the "Banana Blaster", "Coconut Crusher" or "Pineapple Plunger", that range from 410 to 420 feet (125 to 128 m) long.
Three :D , I can remember riding all three. There ok but not excellent, i personally found the wave pool more fun
Adam

I stand corrected, i should really have known that... :lol:

*Adäm x
Ash

Well its easy enough to do, as in most of the pictures and stuff they only show 2. And all 3 of the slides accept different rings and stuff.
Mankey

ZOMGZ!!!! that sounds INCREDIBLE!!!

Waterparks are like my affinity! i dunno what it is about them, they just really amaze me. I think its 'cause its got a different atmosphere to theme parks but its a really good atmosphere! if you get me...

that slide that goes through the aquarium type thing sounds awsome!!

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
Green.Wing

So with thorpe planning a flyer in 2009 it now turns out another flyer will be introduced. Rumors on screamscape state that the new coaster planned for 2009 is a flyer.
http://www.screamscape.com/html/seaworld_florida.html

If you have any more information post here.
Mankey

Wow... 2 flyers so far for 2009 (if thorpe get theirs...)

:D Good stuff... they could call it Manta.

^^ Chris ^^
Back from hibernation!
sputty

Some more small details since this thread was last updated :)
The 59-acre park (about one third the size of the original SeaWorld) will open in March 2008, visitor numbers expected to be limited to around 7,500 per day.

The park will contain 6 Pools & Lagoons, 36 Slides, 80,000 sq ft of beach. While not being the biggest water park in Florida it will have the highest attraction capacity of any water park in Florida with an emphasis on a comfortable guest experience.
It sounds absolutely amazing, you can view a nice long low-bitrate cheesy American announcement video here.

Oh and check out these construction shots, its on its way :o
ImageImage

Im off to Florida next September so i guess ill have to go take a look around :D