Universal Orlando Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Anonymous

Yeah heard about this a couple of weeks ago. If it is true then it will be great for universal. However its a shame a great english based book/film is being taken by a american park and not by an english park.
Danzaw*nk

It is a shame its in US but at least we can trust IOA on doing a better job than any UK park could :P.

Dan
:D
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Thomas

I don't like the sound of Harry Potter themed attractions/area, sounds abit erm i dunno, a cheesy & quick way to make a theme, no real thought will have to go into it as its there in black & white already

Most probably be amazing though

Thomas
Ketchup

Way to go Universal at wrecking one of the best areas in the park, with a kiddy Harry Potter theme, a franchise which will probably be forgotten about in a few years time.

Seriously is it just me who thinks Harry Potter should not belong in an area with such a badass coaster like Dueling Dragons?
AstroDan

[quote=""KI-netic""]Way to go Universal at wrecking one of the best areas in the park, with a kiddy Harry Potter theme, a franchise which will probably be forgotten about in a few years time.

Seriously is it just me who thinks Harry Potter should not belong in an area with such a badass coaster like Dueling Dragons?[/quote]

I think part of the problem is that people let their 'anti Harry Potter-ness' get in the way of rationale.

Yes the area may be at present very well themed, but the entire area is set for an overhaul. And as we all know, IOA make a very, very good job of theming - and I am sure they will make every effort to make this transition as seemless as possible.

The Harry Potter stories are, in places, quite dark - so I am sure some intense, thrilling attractions would be quite appropriate - after all, Harry Potter does appeal to a wide spectrum of ages.
Ketchup

Thing is when this lasty book comes out, everyone will soon shortly forget about Harry Potter. Universal have done it before with Fear Factor and look how successful that attraction was (lasted one season), they were going to do it again with Back to the Future's rumoured replacement, a ride based on the Simpsons a show that is surely going to end soon.

Also it was quite nice having one non commercial area in the park, now it appears if it's about to disapear.
Adam

I'm with KI-netic on this one. That area of the park is, in my opinion the best themed! Now they are gonna ruin it with a crap kids story theme!

If this does go ahead i personally won't be impressed!

*Adäm x
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
AstroDan

[quote=""*Adäm""]Now they are gonna ruin it with a crap kids story theme!

*Adäm x[/quote]

Whilst I acknowledge they may 'ruin' an area, you appear only against this development as it is a 'crap kids story theme'. The facts are that the Harry Potter books coupled with the movie franchise are some of the most popular medias ever released in the world. Implying that it is 'crap' is merely a personal viewpoint about the stories.

Whether it dies out quikcly remains to be seen, but if the books continue to be popular, as for Roald Dahl and Terry Pratchett stories, then this will be a good investment for IOA.
Danzaw*nk

Oh no! I thought Lost Continent was another part on park! Not Dueling Dragons! No! That's fine how it is!!! I don't want little kids running around one of the sexiest coasters you'll ever ride! What, are they gonna theme the trains as broomsticks instead of the fantastic looking dragons now. No! This can't happen, bad idea! IOA, everything you have done has been fantastic but Lost Continent losing out to Harry Potter, no!

Dan
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
Adam

[quote=""AstroDan""][quote=""*Adäm""]Now they are gonna ruin it with a crap kids story theme!

*Adäm x[/quote]

Whilst I acknowledge they may 'ruin' an area, you appear only against this development as it is a 'crap kids story theme'. The facts are that the Harry Potter books coupled with the movie franchise are some of the most popular medias ever released in the world. Implying that it is 'crap' is merely a personal viewpoint about the stories.

Whether it dies out quikcly remains to be seen, but if the books continue to be popular, as for Roald Dahl and Terry Pratchett stories, then this will be a good investment for IOA.[/quote]

Well i did say i was my own opinion. I don't like Harry Potter, therefore i don't like the theme. It's the fact they are re-themeing an area that dosent need it in the slightest!

*Adäm x
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
AstroDan

It does seem a little alarming, yes, that IOA are considering a re-theme to an apparantly well themed area that has recent attractions and has no problems. However, it is all about the money.
Jonnyboy

Could be good, or could spoil a rich, gorgeous area. I'd rather just see a Potter ride.
AstroDan

I haven't a clue of the geography of IOA, but don't they have space to expand into a new area?

:?
Thomas

^I was thinking that Dan, why change an existing area, why not just build another area?

Thomas
Ketchup

[quote=""AstroDan""]It does seem a little alarming, yes, that IOA are considering a re-theme to an apparantly well themed area that has recent attractions and has no problems.[/quote]

It is well themed however it hasn't had a new attraction since the park opened! :P But to be fair it doesn't really need one.
I haven't a clue of the geography of IOA, but don't they have space to expand into a new area?
No room to build a new island, I heard they were planning to build one between Jurassic Park and Lost Continent but this never came to fruition due to the lack of space.
AstroDan

Was also wanting to say, since Dragons are a major feature of Harry Potter, the ride may actually be left as it is, perhaps just touched up? The name may even remain the same overall 'Duelling Dragons' only the may call it 'Fireball' and 'Horntail' or something.

:?
Anonymous

There also has been alot of intrest in the plot of land which is across the road to universal. A huge area. There was plans for a thrid theme park or universal's own water park.
Danzaw*nk

Ki-Netic, I think IOA do need a new ride as we managed to go round the park several times we went. Catching LOTS of re-rides :P.

Dan
<3 Gashead\'s Mother <3
AstroDan

I would love them to get another ride, at least coaster.

This is the park I am most anxious to visit in Florida. Seems like my kind of place.

:)
Ketchup

[quote=""Danzaw*nk""]Ki-Netic, I think IOA do need a new ride as we managed to go round the park several times we went. Catching LOTS of re-rides :P.[/quote]

I agree however I think it should be in the Jurassic Park area as to be honest it really only has 1 major attraction. Since the removal of the Triceratops Encounter a hyper or flyer has been rumoured to appear on it's site but like all rumours thats merely specualtion.

The Lost Continent is fine, if it isn't broken don't fix it.