Universal Orlando Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Storm

caffeine_demon

I thought it was overrated - jimmy neutron and the simulator at sea world were both far better!
radical

awwwww shame, this ride gave me great laughs sitting next to my granny on it. :lol:
Adam

I got my last rides on it over the last 2 weeks. And it really is it's time to go. It is looking and feeling very old, so i am very excited to see what it's replaced with.

PS, they are currently only running 1 screen and half the cars, so maybe work is already underway?
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Crofty

Maybe work is indeed underway! :)

I've kind of got used to the fact that it's going now and am excited about the new addition.
It's shouldn't take that long to refurbish. Asimple change of film and I gues the ride preshow will take place in the Simpsons Garage. The main work would be to the Queue line theming (unless the take some tips from Alton :P )

OH that is of course if it will be a Simpsons attraction, I've not seen any confirmation of that yet. You see any confirmation while on hols Adam? Maybe some signage?

:D :D
Adam

Nah, no sign of anything. It was one of them, if you knew their was another screen and more cars then you would notice kinda thing. The only other diffrence was the extended queue time because of the reduced capacity.
Sir John Talbot

[quote=""Croftgay""]Maybe work is indeed underway! :)

I've kind of got used to the fact that it's going now and am excited about the new addition.
It's shouldn't take that long to refurbish. Asimple change of film and I gues the ride preshow will take place in the Simpsons Garage. The main work would be to the Queue line theming (unless the take some tips from Alton :P )

OH that is of course if it will be a Simpsons attraction, I've not seen any confirmation of that yet. You see any confirmation while on hols Adam? Maybe some signage?

:D :D[/quote]

Ooo, exciting! A Simpsons ride... it's about time!

And at a Universal Park, should be a fantastic ride :D.
Beaver Dude

Good the ride is lame and completely outdated. The theming is good but the ride lets it down. Especially with Spiderman at IoA. I'm glad to hear it's getting a much needed retheme.
Adam

I just hope they replace the ride system and dont pull a Jimmy Nutron on us again.
Dyls

I am going to IOA in march and would like a few ride reviews from the lucky few that have been before i go so i know what is a hit and whats a miss lol.

Thanks

Dyls
ShadowTD

I visited IOA in 2004 and the memory of the place is still pretty fresh. All of the major headline rides are worth qing for. Duelling Dragons, Jurassic Park, Spiderman and The Hulk are all brilliant rides. I personally think The Hulk is the most violent and intense beemer I've ever ridden, but YMMV. I would also recommend that you Q for the front row of DD for your first go, as the near misses are superb.

Oh, and don't let your experience of UK water rides cloud your judgement in Toon Lagoon. You're gonna get *soaked*! Have fun!
Adam

Make sure you make a trip to Posiden. It's a brilliant indoor Attraction with great effects.

Obviously do the biggies, but to be honest there isn't a bad ride in the park. So do em all!
AstroDan

I would love to go to IOA, I wish my parents had been into that sort of trip when I was younger but no - Chateaux of the Loire was more their thing!

I am going to save up and go to IOA and Busch Gardens in the next few years as they both look excellent.

:D
Ash

They most certainly are, i was nothing but impressed by the park on my visit a couple of months ago. That along with all of the Disney parks. It really made me open my eyes to how much we lack a quality theme park in this country. I dont think we will ever get one quite lack that, Alton isnt even close.

But ive said it once and will say it again, the difference between those parks and the UK is THEMING!
Spinball Wizzard

Went earlier this year. Much preferred Universal Studios but myself not being a fan of huge rides changes it a little :D

Here are my favorites:

-Poseidon (greatly themed indoor show)
-Jurassic Park (really good animatronics)
-Spiderman 4D (possibly the best ride i've ever been on, so different and a must!)
-Dudley Do Rights Ripsaw Falls (good last drop, poorer than i expected)
-Popeye and Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges (best rapids i've been on)
-Cat in the Hat (not worth a huge que, but immensely entertaining)

Ands that all i can remeber i think :? But you'll have a great day there.
Crofty

I also prefered the Studios. The atmosphere was brilliant all day adn you really felt something special.

as said above Poseidon is a must see! missed it on my first visit and recieved a rap on the wrists from Ade. Made a special effort to see it on my second visit and its really amazing! Totaly unexpected and i'm still confused as to how they manage to create most of the scenes.

:D :D
Spinball Wizzard

Refereing to Poseidon look at the IOA offical site.

Look
coaster junkie

the water rides are out of this world, spider man is fantastic as well.

the hulk is quite an intense ride, not smooth at all but great

didnt think jurassic park was that good to be honest.

if your going to islands of adventure you must go to universal as well.....its a 500 yard walk from I.O.A. ride the mummy and terminator 3D
AstroDan

2009/2010 - Harry Potter / Lost Continent Transformation - (2/1/07) A Screamscape source has confirmed to us that the IOA project is indeed a real Harry Potter project. No more false rumors claiming “letters of intent” from J.K. Rowling to Disney and all that nonsense, it seems that Universal has sealed the deal at last. This has been a long time coming too since Universal has been trying to gain Harry Potter since way back when the first film was still being shot.
From Screamscape. No doubt Rowling is set to make more millions. Shame in some regard that we couldn't keep Harry Potter home in a British location, but perhaps it wouldn't have been very good for our parks anyway.

Watch this space!
Last edited by AstroDan on Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kelly

Ooo soudns interesting!

However id much prefer it to have ended up in a British Location like you said Dan, the whole Harry Potter thing screams british to me. I hope they dont make it so americanised!