Universal Orlando Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
doom+sons1988

Cool site. The hollywood version looks shorter.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
Anonymous

The Hollywood version doesn't look as good as the Florida Version! It lacks that great anamatronic of Imotep! On one of the videos on that site it shows what happens when the Imotep anamatronic is experiencing techical proplems! A screen appears with his face on it, this appears on the coffin!
oneads

I have been on the florida version and my this ride kicks ass! and it wernt even working to its full on that day, some of the effects had gone down, but to be honest you couldnt really tell because there is soo many effects your always looking at something (part from when your in pitch black). but the queue is huge seriously i think i can accomodate for 5 hours, so get there early lol. the ride it self is something mindblowing, the fact that your in that lil mine cart thing and yourve got a lap bar on. the anamatronics look sooo life like i mean i even screamed at one of the dead guards that pop up at the side of you, infact i dont think i hav ever been scared on a ride that much before, also the bit where you stop in a room and scarabs those lil bettles they start sourounding you on the walls the celling and your carriage *cough* i screamed at that as well *cough* by the way i wouldnt say im a wuss lol, this ride really does scare people. another thing about the ride is the speed im mean WOW you just dont expect it, you really do pull G's on this ride, the fact that it blasts you forward also backwards is a new element. i really want to ride this ride again soooooo much.
Moley

Same here mate, loses its speed but still managed to make my dad scream like a little girl so all in good fun :lol:
Moley

Absolutely amazing ride, queued up for hour and half to ride it but bloody hell it was worth the wait. Absolutely amazing, only ride in Florida that scared the $hit out of me. As pointed out look out for hidden secrets in the queue, people were giving me funny looks for pointing random things out in the Q :lol:
srw985

[quote=""themeparkdude""]Well I have, it is great. You go up a lift hill, and then suddenly you get blasted 0-40mpph in 2 secs and you go into a barrel roll and down a 80ft drop into a cobra roll. Then you do 4 more loops, 2 vertical loops, and two corkscrews.[/quote]

According to this there's 11 inversions!
Chester City Football Club
Beaver Dude

It looks amazing.. But Disneys for like 3 to 5's so I only go places like MM
I'm sorry but have you ever been to Disney because if you had you'd realise that it's the worlds best family parks (as long as you don't die in an accident because of there micky take of a safety record.)

Anyway Hulk is exellent but Nemesis beats it imo (I prefer more intense compact rides.)
bigblade40

Hulk is amazing, one of my favorite coasters, I would swim back to IOA to go on it again!

Enough said.
bigblade40
ashayling

This ride is awsome! I love it, the theming is excellent also. It is my favourite coaster in the world ever lol.
ashayling

I went on this is the best indoor coaster I have ever ridden. It made my friends mum cry becuase we told her it was like Spiderman and she hates coasters lol :D . Also the theming is excellent and I was quite surprised to find it there was expecting King Kong. The queue has some surprise elements as well. Went on it 13 times in all.
Anonymous

[quote=""Beaver Dude""]
I'm sorry but have you ever been to Disney because if you had you'd realise that it's the worlds best family parks (as long as you don't die in an accident because of there micky take of a safety record.)

Anyway Hulk is exellent but Nemesis beats it imo (I prefer more intense compact rides.)[/quote]

We have a house in LA so we go to Disneyland all the time. I like coasters and MM is full of them so thats why I love it so much.

And yes I have been to Disney in florida and france.
Ketchup

[quote=""Thirst""][quote=""Beaver Dude""]

Anyway Hulk is exellent but Nemesis beats it imo (I prefer more intense compact rides.)[/quote]

We have a house in LA so we go to Disneyland all the time. I like coasters and MM is full of them so thats why I love it so much.

And yes I have been to Disney in florida and france.[/quote]

Too bad The Hulk isn't actually in a disney park but at Universal Islands of Adventure and do you really think rides like.

Dueling Dragons

Hulk

and Dr Dooms Fearfall

belong at a kiddie park?
Seriously IOA beats the crap out of Alton and all the UK parks.
It has one of the best dark rides anywhere (Spiderman)
3 of the best water rides (Dr DooRight's Ripsaw Falls, Popeye's Bilgerat Barges and Jurassic Park River Adventure)
the park is spotless and has no problems with vandilism or rubbish and the park has some of the best theming anywhere.

So please get your facts right before you post.
Crofty

Without raising too many hopes do you think that IOA may be getting a new attraction in 2007?

Is it true that there is to be a new Jurassic Park film in the planning? (JP4)
If so, IOA would no doubt build an attraction to compliment the film for the JP area of the park?

With Disney opening Expedition Everest next year and Universal Studios getting the Mummy I'm sure that IOA will be next in line for a big treat.

I'm thinking about maybe an Indoor coaster along the lines on The Mummy, maybe an advanced version of Animal Kingdoms "Dinosaur" Attraction.

IOA seems to have a limited amount of expansion space and to be fair, they are not going to need to expand much in the next decade due to the quality of the rides already there and the fact that many of their customers only visit once every One or Two years at least, but with the final opening of the family attraction "McMonkey McBean" I can imagine a large new thrill ride for 2007.

Looking from above there seems to be an Ideal spot for a new attraction in JP.
Have we got anything to look forward to? If so, what?

:D :D
Rollercoaster 4 Life

Well as stated by Screamscape No1 (to me) For News and Rumors. They have posted that they think there might be something for 2007 because Bob Gault (Head Of Universal Orlando) mentioned that something was on the way, so who knows ? Maybe something BIG

Check it out. http://www.screamscape.com/html/universal_orlando.htm
Yesterday\'s the past, tomorrow\'s the future, but today is a gift. That\'s why it\'s called the present.

PSN ID]Bankzy108
Add me if you want!
caffeine_demon

it's an excelent ride - one of the best I've been on, and definitely the best indoor coaster!

the acceleration you feel om the front seat is great, and the airtime at the back - woooo!
Adz
Admin
Admin

caffeine_demon

Not sure if you know, but this topic was last posted in october last year. Please don't dig up old topics.
Adam

Hey all. I was just reading on some American theme park forum that towards the end of 2005 Poseidon's Fury was changed. Has anyone been on it before and after the so called change and can tell me whats diffrent please?

I loved this ride/show, and if the new reviews are right then they have runined it!

Any info would be great, thanks! :)
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Ketchup

I think its the same, it was apparently done up for their Halloween event, I think they have reverted it back to normal since. It might have had a few things removed to try and open it in a hurry after Halloween.

To be honest I personally thought it was a bit crap apart from the cool water effects.
Crofty

In an hour or Two (GMT) Universal will have the grand opening of the "Universal 360" end of day show.
From what i've read it is going to be amazing! With scenes from the movies projected onto giant globes in the lagoon it reminds me a bit of Epcots Illuminations show.
The advantage with this new show is it will feature some much loved characters from universal along with the stunning music that goes with big movies (ET, Back to the future.)

Heres the only picture I could find so far from the technical rehersal.

Universal are also having problems with the neighbours a bit like Alton. Locals are worried about debris from the show landing in the gardens and want the show tweaked a little if not stopped alltogether.

:D :D
Mattmills

It looks pretty good, yeh ive always liked Epcots show but it always seems to short and is actually quite boring as its been the same for years if i remember correctly, as ive been 3 different years and it was still the same