Universal Orlando Resort

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
theparklifekid

I imagine some of the small plots will be for backstage offices and storage/maintenance areas.

But then again, some plots could be for hotels and some maybe for the early stages of them buying up more plots of land.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Cobby

Fast and Furious has recently begun soft opening and it looks to be similar to Kong. The Tim Tracker has done quite a good preview/walk through of the ride but be warned this video contains spoilers of the queue/pre-show
Spoiler
[youtube]nk8Y5pB_FuU[/youtube]
MakoMania

The ride is getting terrible reviews so far, which is dissapointing to hear.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
abigsmurf

Hopefully it'll teach Universal that they need to do more than just stick you in front of a screen and rock you about a bit. 

I'm not holding out much hope for the T2 3D replacement.
Robert.W

Just a few more pictures from @bioreconstruct on Twitter of the new Harry Potter rollercoaster which I don't think have been posted in here yet.

Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but it's thought that the new coaster will use the same station building that Dragon Challenge used. Also, what are people's thoughts on what type of coaster it could be (it's definitely an Intamin though)?

:)

PhNx Survivor

What do we actually know of this ride? Cause I have no idea about anything :lol

Were there any plans released? has the experience been deemed a family attraction or a thrill attraction?
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
theparklifekid

By the look of that one big support structure, I'm thinking this will be an Intamin Blitz and will be in the Family/Thrill bracket, so everyone can enjoy it. So in the same style as Cheetah Hunt and Taron, a perfect fit for the park!

I just wonder if it will be a forbidden forest theme...
lewis97
Admin
Admin

PhNx Survivor wrote:What do we actually know of this ride? Cause I have no idea about anything :lol

Were there any plans released? has the experience been deemed a family attraction or a thrill attraction?
I'd recommend having a read of Universal's original blog post that announced that Dragon Challenge would be replaced by this new attraction. It doesn't give masses of detail, but it does provide an overview of what to expect.

As far as I'm aware, there haven't been any plans released, although with the addition of footers and supports, I have seen rough suggestions of what the potential layout will be. Although the linked blog post does refer to it as a "thrill ride", it does also state that it will be "fun for the entire family", so it is expected to be more of a family-thrill ride that perhaps won't be as intense as Dragon Challenge, but will be a step up from nearby Flight of the Hippogriff.

All the rumours and speculation I've read point to it taking guests into the Forbidden Forest, although there will also be multiple show buildings around its layout.
PhNx Survivor

Cheers for that! Nice little read.. been looking at the pictures and site so far on some videos.. looks like the ride will have some nice banking/launch/inversion elements as far as I can see.. reminds me a little of ICON from BPB.. MACK possibly?

Will be nice following this as I haven’t actually followed any roller coaster construction overseas yet.
Robert.W

Nope, it's definitely an Intamin :)

PhNx Survivor

Robert.W wrote:Nope, it's definitely an Intamin :)
Oh nice find!

So it could most likely be an Intamin Blitz?
Robert.W

I don't know. It seems a likely possibility though. :)

XtremeCoasters Rick

What are the chances of it being one of the new concept Intamin inverted/sit down duelling coasters:

http://www.amusementinsider.com/2017/11/connected-track-spotted-for-dueling.html

They had to stop duelling the dragons, this would make a great replacement.
Gentlemen, start your engines !!
theparklifekid

Xtremecoasters_Official wrote:What are the chances of it being one of the new concept Intamin inverted/sit down duelling coasters:

http://www.amusementinsider.com/2017/11/connected-track-spotted-for-dueling.html

They had to stop duelling the dragons, this would make a great replacement.
0% chance, the support style is the sit down kind.
abigsmurf

Looking at the new tall supports, it does lend itself to what the rumors have been suggesting.

Initial indoor section, twisty ground hugging outdoor segment into another building, come out of that building backwards into another section then into another building, launched out of that building into a high section as you 'fly' in the motorbike. There's a one extremely straight section of supports which suggests at least one outdoor launch.

I get the feeling all but the final segment will be very short. Having intertwining tracks or having other bits clear in view could break the immersion (if they're going for that) and with launches you're going to be getting through those bits of track fast.
Robert.W

A Multi Dimensional Coaster? 

So, the image below shows a rough layout of the new coaster's track. The yellow arrows show the forward sections, and the orange arrows shows a backwards section (the arrows are pointing in the direction the train travels around the track, not necessarily the way the riders face). Important to note, this is not the confirmed layout, just speculation.

Now, the train first climbs up the steep track in the green circle, before falling backwards into the backwards section. This then takes the train in to the pink circle. It is here where the train would appear to be entering a building, judging by the foundations that have been placed. This also happens to be where the train will re-enter the forwards section of track (because the train would be entering the building backwards but launched out of it forwards)... 

Enter Intamin's Multi Dimensional Coaster, otherwise known as a family drop coaster, or a free-fall drop coaster. Or TH13TEEN at Alton Towers...

Obviously this is all just speculation, but with the number of things which seem to point in this direction, I really think that this could be an Intamin Multi Dimensional Coaster. I for one really hope it is! It's such a unique concept, with there only being another two coasters of this type in existence worldwide, none of which are in the USA, or indeed the entire Americas. 

Alex

That seems to be the rumour on Inside Universal which are usually bang on when it comes to rumours.
abigsmurf

Track adds a lot of weight to the rumours it's going to be a Thirteen-style coaster.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Universal have announced that there will be 10 haunted houses at this year's HHN - the most ever. They've also announced the three original-themed scare zones, with two further scare zones yet to be announced, and the return of Academy of Villains.
YOU CAN EXPERIENCE MORE HOUSES THAN EVER BEFORE AT THIS YEAR’S HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS

The world’s premier Halloween event is getting even scarier. For the first time in 28 years, you’ll experience more houses than ever at Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights. A 10th house is joining the lineup with a terrifying theme that will be revealed in the coming months.

[youtube]50IfcR47A9Q[/youtube]

Horrors inspired by the ‘80s will invade this year’s Halloween Horror Nights. The past will haunt you in 10 houses featuring the biggest names in horror – including Netflix’s sci-fi thriller “Stranger Things” and Legendary Pictures’ Halloween classic “Trick ‘r Treat” – and five sinister scare zones. When it comes to scare zones, you’ll come face-to-face with menacing creatures and unearthly forces throughout the streets of Universal Studios Florida. Here are the three original horror stories you’ll see brought to life in the scare zones:

The Harvest

An old barn is the setting of every kind of horror. Its walls are decorated with ominous objects and images from each house, hinting at the horrors to come. This barn is not as abandoned as it initially seems, and by the time you realize what lies within, it will be too late. Foul creatures lurk within, ready for a harvest of flesh and screams. Will you survive the reaping?

Vamp '85: New Year’s Eve

Before the countdown to midnight has started, it’s clear this party has already been crashed, and the streets are running red with blood. You’ll enter what looks to be your typical New Year’s Eve bash until it’s too late. As the ball drops, fanged punks and big-haired vamps will start their feeding frenzy.

Twisted Tradition

Travel through the forest of Central Park where an ancient evil has been awakened. Halloween has been transformed into an abomination with rotting pumpkins fused with decaying human flesh. Try and escape the grasps of these fetid beings, with nothing but the light from rotting jack o’ lanterns to guide you.

And there’s still more to be revealed…stay tuned to the blog for more details on the remaining scare zones and houses.

Plus, the powerhouse dance crew, Academy of Villains, is returning for their third consecutive year. This year’s performance will be taken to the next level with an all-new show jam packed with mind-bending entertainment. Stay tuned for more details.
Robert.W

Here is a construction update of the Harry Potter Rollercoaster!

I'll let the pictures do all the talking.

Source article contains lots more pictures from the construction site!