Pleasurewood Hills

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Pennywise

The park just unleashed their new website.

I love it! A really flashy and modern design, certainly making the park look more appealing to potential customers. I dare say I consider it to be a better website than the likes of Thorpe and Chessington!
WillXav

I agree, I really like the website. It's spacious and it's not overpowering.
Khanage

It's a great website, very modern and a great layout. A vast improvement in the old site. :) PWH are on the up!
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

Tom G

That's pretty cool and they seem to be getting social media/viral marketing.
Charlee

Pleasure you can measure?

Am I the only one that see's the inappropriate side of that? :P
I used to think I knew a lot about coasters, but then I joined this forum.
mrbrightside

- Bit of Viral marketing for The Jolly Roger

http://www.ukparknews.co.uk/entry/cms/?p=8386 - UK Park News reviewed the tower.
ImageImage
Themeparksandy1981

Save doing a new topic.

First of all was this tower ride any good? Are they still planning on adding the uk highest drop tower?

For the 2013 there gonna be 4 new rides added. Rumours are 3 of them are from Camalot but not to sure.
The main new ride/attraction is Hobs Pit. It's a scare maze and ride in 1. http://www.unofficialpleasurewood.co.uk ... 1_4_13.htm and http://hobs-pit.com/ for more details. It's opening in 2 weeks on Saturday.
Last edited by Themeparksandy1981 on Mon May 06, 2013 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ripsaw Raver

mrbrightside wrote: including the 2012 opening of a 60m Drop Tower (the tallest in the UK!) a £150,000 investment in the Enigma rollercoaster and another "mega" ride for 2013...
Forgive me if im wrong but the tallest Drop Tower in the UK is Apocalypse at Drayton Manor AT 177ft
Jolly Roger as stated on its own warning boards says that the height is 140ft
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Themeparksandy1981

Looking at the pics of the Jolly Roger it looks like the same design that's at West Midlands Saferi Park.
ThrillJunkie

Ripsaw Raver wrote:
mrbrightside wrote: including the 2012 opening of a 60m Drop Tower (the tallest in the UK!) a £150,000 investment in the Enigma rollercoaster and another "mega" ride for 2013...
Forgive me if im wrong but the tallest Drop Tower in the UK is Apocalypse at Drayton Manor AT 177ft
Jolly Roger as stated on its own warning boards says that the height is 140ft
Quote From UK Park News explains all...
Although the park has confirmed that their planning application was successful (and remains valid) for a 60m tower installation, the new attraction is the 40m (131′) Fabbri “Mega Drop” version named “Jolly Roger” – which is presented with a loose pirate theme

The ride hasn’t been purchased by the park, but is on long term lease and represents part of a three year/£3.5 m investment plan for the park. UK Park News has been informed by PWH that the intention is to purchase the larger tower at some point. It’s unclear why the original purchase did not transpire, however we have been advised that Jolly Roger will remain until then.
http://www.ukparknews.co.uk/entry/cms/r ... lly-roger/
ThrillJunkieUK
Count-Vonduel

I have heard that, like Sub-Terra, the actors are what makes Hobs Pit worth going on and without the Actors, the ride is just boring. That said, I was planning on going to Pleasurewood Hills this year specifically for Hobs Pit, but I was wondering if the ride still has year round actors, and if it has, do you think it will continue to have year round actors in the future, and do you think they will continue to add improvements to the ride?
Stan.H

What happens on this ride/attraction/scare maze/thing?? :-k
Luce

Without giving it away, as that would be a shame, Hobs Pit is a mine themed ride with actors and a maze section. For a small park I thought it was really well done and would like to go back on it :)
NemeJaney

It's good to see attention being brought to one of my local parks by a fairly new attraction. It seems the new(ish) owners of the park are gradually developing it bit by bit, so I reckon there may be a few future improvements to Hobs Pit, even if they aren't for several years. If they do happen, I think they'll occur after other significant park developments, perhaps as an indicator of financial confidence. Long live Pleasurewood Hills
Danny

I think Pleasurewood Hills has done particularly well these past few years, with a soar in attendance in 2012, whereas Merlin parks all found a loss. They are adding lots more rides and hope they continue this in the future. Hobs Pit, although I haven't tried it, seems to be a step in the right direction, and I reckon this park is one to watch in the next 10 years. :)
Jamie

Hobs Pit is fantastic, I was really surprised by how good it was when I went on it a few weeks ago.
There was only one actor in the ride section when I went on and a few more in the station/walkthrough sections, but the ride doesn't really need them IMO.
Justin

I went in Hobbs Pit a few years ago but found it very tame. The shop was very modern too and didn't fit in, especially as you queue in it!

It needed to have more actors back then and they had 3 or 4. You could also see them a mile off!
Stan.H

Jamie wrote:Hobs Pit is fantastic, I was really surprised by how good it was when I went on it a few weeks ago.
There was only one actor in the ride section when I went on and a few more in the station/walkthrough sections, but the ride doesn't really need them IMO.
Is it a drop ride or mine ride?? Very curious, know it was voted best scare attraction a few years ago (TPW Vlog).
Justin

It is part walk through and part track ride.
The system is very basic, just think of the Postman Pat system in Cbeebies land.
Justin

Breakdown on Wipeout made it to press.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/people_left_ ... _1_4472665" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;