Pleasurewood Hills

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Burniel

Justin wrote:Breakdown on Wipeout made it to press.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/people_left_ ... _1_4472665" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Today was a slow news day, clearly. :lol

It really annoys me when people make newspaper stories about rides stopping. Makes the average member of the public question the ride's safety when all that happened was a minor breakdown which was dealt with quickly.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Justin

I think breakdowns have been reported more so since The Smiler.

The Tornado, in M&D’s theme park in Motherwell, also brokedown yesterday.
NemeJaney

That news about Wipeout gave me a dream about going to PWH last night, and I was involved in the breakdown :lol but the new Tombblaster was there too, as you do.
theparklifekid

The Rattlesnake Coaster at Pleasurewood Hills will be closing after more than 30 years at the park.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/iconic_ratt ... _1_4870666
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Burniel

theparklifekid wrote:The Rattlesnake Coaster at Pleasurewood Hills will be closing after more than 30 years at the park.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/iconic_ratt ... _1_4870666
Sad in a way, but it does look old. The article mentions that it's making way for new developments, so I hope some of these come to fruition!
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Count-Vonduel

Hobs Pit Closed down by the way...
Justin

To be honest, it wasn't very good and the promise of updating and evolving the attraction never happened.

They are now focusing on the family market and have replaced it with the Rootin Tootin Target Trail.

[youtube]dTkZ7FPnTB4[/youtube]
Justin

Pleasurewood Hills has posted some before and after images on their Facebook page of their new attraction, Rootin Tootin Target Trail - formally Hobs Pit!

Sundazz

Please see my early 1990's Pleasurewood Hills home movie:

[youtube]G075xLd8hGs[/youtube]
Justin

I can remember the pirate ship which went upside down. My dad went on it when we went on a family trip, although all I can remember is all the coins and loose possessions coming out of people's pockets.
Sundazz

Justin wrote:I can remember the pirate ship which went upside down. My dad went on it when we went on a family trip, although all I can remember is all the coins and loose possessions coming out of people's pockets.
They must have made a lot of money from the money droppage etc on all of the rides !
Justin

Yes, most definitely! :lol
Justin

Ricky Lark, an ex-Merlin employee has taken over as General Manager at Plessurewood Hills.

While an unknown name in the industry, he has worked for Alton, Thorpe and a couple of midway attractions.

More about appointment can be found here...
https://www.lowestoftjournal.co.uk/news ... -1-5894357

Hopefully, he will be able to secure some investment and make some changes!
NemeJaney

Looking forward to seeing what this guy has to offer! He seems to have his heart in it, rather than it just being a business opportunity for him, so we'll have to keep an eye out for changes.
Justin

It will be interesting to see. If he can secure and allocate funding, Pleasurewood Hills has the potential to become a good little park!
Dom

Earlier today, Pleasurewood Hills announced that family roller coaster The Rattlesnake will be returning with a twist. 

Justin

It is because they got such a back lash for removing the ride. At the time, it was beyond repair and I must agree, it was getting old.

It was a nice little ride to be honest!
NemeJaney

Never before have I been so excited to see a little clone ride come back! Bring it on. As long as it's brought back in a similar level of glory as when it was in its heyday(tunnel, effects etc), then we'll all be happy. It may not be a totally brand new investment but at least its renovation will serve as a hint of the good intentions of the management.
Justin

So, it has been announced that the ride will return with a new theme!
NemeJaney

Indeed, there have been pictures on the park's Facebook page of what looked like a crack on a pale surface (like an egg) and another one posted later on with a flurry of white feathers. Something bird-related it would seem! I also recall seeing the word "egg-citing"(or something similar) being used in one of their posts, but can't for the life of me find it!