Phantasialand

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Anonymous

Phantasialand is one of the best parks I've ever been to. A Nemesis beater, we shall soon see. I have no doubt it will give our mighty Inverter a run for its money.
Pumpkin_Queen

I went a few years ago when I was a little Sproggling. Um..

It was just after a fire in one of the rides, I think it was Silbermine or something. I can't remember. Wow!! I still have the brochure!! I loved that Colorado ride...I don't actually know its name..isn't it something like Michael Jackson Presents the Colorado Beetle Ride? *confusslement*

I'd love to go back there..
Diddi

The "Gebirgsbahn" and the "Grand Canyon Bahn" were both destroyed by a fire in 2001. Heres what caosterfoce.com wrote (actually it isnt a bobsled-coaster!):
At Phantasialand Park in Germany, 63 people were injured when a fire broke out on the Grand Canyon Bobsled Rollercoaster. 150 people were riding the coaster and an adjacent ride at the time the fire started, which quickly spread to buildings forcing the park's guests to flee for safety. Some people jumped off the ride whilst others escaped by ladders. Over 600 people who were standing in line were also forced to evacuate as flaming wood flew across the park covering an area nearly 300ft away. Eyewitnesses were terrified that huge burning structures would fall on them. In all, nearly 20 000 guests were affected by the blaze. The cause of the accident, is now known to be a short-circuit resulting from faulty wiring.
The full name of that other coaster is "Colorado Adventure - The Michael Jackson Thrill Ride".
Image <---->Image
tbork

i was at phantasialand last year and i must say bravo! what an excellent park, the new rollercoaster will certainly make it even better! as for the michael jackson thrill ride, why did they call it that. (could michael jackson be hiding in one of those dark indoor parts?........)
the return of tbork! get ready for a big load of irish argument
Diddi

well i dont know exactly, but i think its named after him because he was the first person who rode the coaster or something like that...
Image <---->Image
Lozza

hi,
what is the nearest airport to it?? and is there any places nearby like to stay etc, i would like to go so maybe if we go on holiday to germany in that area i could suggest it as somewhere to go :lol: , also how much does it cost per adult in the summer? (i went on the website but lets just say i'm not taking german as a gcse!) do they usually have big q's there or is it not too bad??
:D
phil2k4

cologne-bonn airport is the nearest airport and cologne is the nearest town. you can get a train from cologne city centre and then a bus from the station to the park. it takes about half an hour from getting on the train to arriving at the gate. its a nice place to spend a holiday and for prices and information, the website does translate to english if you click on the union jack.
Diddi

new pics from the building site can be seen here:
http://www.onride.de/viewtopic.php?p=151147&4846#151147
Image <---->Image
Diddi

new pics :)

what the hell may this building be good for? :>

http://www.onride.de/viewtopic.php?p=160471&4846#160471
Image <---->Image
Beaver Dude

I'm sorry to sound a bit of a spoil sport. But I'll be sitting on the fence until I hear good reviews about this ride. Recent B&M's such as Silver Star (or what I've heard) and to some extent Nemesis Inferno have been lacking slightly. It seems that current B&M's aren't in the same league as the old ones. As for the theming it'll be spectactular knowing PL.
Diddi

Image <---->Image
Diddi

FINALLY!!!!
its official! :)

5 inversions.
one of them is a loop like on nemesis, but with a bridge in it where people can walk by!!!

for more infos, inclusive an artwork of the coaster its in english:
http://www.coastersandmore.de/previews/ ... _eng.shtml

i cant wait!! :D
Last edited by Diddi on Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image <---->Image
Tom M

Lol a restaurant fly through that would be amazing! :D
Williscroft

Dose look amazing. When i went 2 years ago i though what this place needs is a great coaster then it would have something for every one and loads of different experiences on offer and thats exactaly what there getting. Shame i wont be going there for many years though :(
RCTFAN

It looks fab and dare i say it, the themeing looks to be more inclusive to the ride then Nemesis! except i can't see the aprk having a huge snake as the station.

The inversion line- up sounds good as well! Is an immelman enterd from the top or bottom? I think tis the bottom....

Anywho i'm really looking forward to this and ic ant wait to see it complete.

I wonder what the trains will look like, bearing in mind the Dueeling dragons trains are very well themed
Diddi

an immelman is entered from the bottom. heres a pic of alpengeist´s immelman.
http://www.rcdb.biz/p/picmax/busch-gard ... geist1.jpg
though im sure it wont be that huge on black mamba.

if it was entered from the top it would be a dive loop. but theres no inverted coaster with a dive loop yet.
Image <---->Image
Anonymous

I dare say it'll be a cool ride. However, it doesn't have the ingredient that makes Nemesis so special - being built mostly below ground level...

I say no contest.

Er, except I'll have to wait until it's built!
Diddi

here are two more detailled pictures, which you can see at PHL:

http://freizeitparkweb.de/cgi-bin/dcf/d ... orumID39#5
Image <---->Image
Mikey

This looks like its going to be a fantastic coaster - I'm hopefully off on a trip to Germany so will definately want to check this monster out! :D
If you\'re reading this post it means I have emerged from my TTF cave during my annual forage for food.
Diddi

lots of new pics, though not the best quality, but acceptable :)
http://www.nokrho.de/phantasialandbs.html

and also here:
http://www.phantasialand-info.de/blackmamba/
Image <---->Image