Paultons Park

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
PP rider ss

now paultons has got this what do u think will be next????

perhaps a drop ride, or another coaster????
MEGA MEGA MEGA LITE THING MEGA MEGA
Rob L

Don't know if anyone's seen it yet but I've just found a mini-site for The Edge which has quite a few construction pictures on it. Clicky!

I think that this is going to be a good addition for Paultons, it looks like a decent ride. I've not been to the park for ages now but I have good memories of it from when I was younger.

amcmaster1

Thanks for the link great to see the attraction coming along so well.
Wishing i was back in the Caribbean
Dara

After Edge, i would imagine that the rides they install for the next couple of years (and paultons do seem to be installing every year now), will be strictly for families with younger children and we will probably see something large scale in 2012, continuing the 3 year pattern of installing major rdes. Something i'd love to see (and wouldn't be at all suprised to see) is a suspended family coaster on the scale of Vampire at chessington. It wont invert, like i said in my earlier post, but it will have universal appeal, like the Edge and Cobra, which is what paultons are now aiming to do witht their major new rides
Matt.C

Looks done to me. Theres testing pictures on there. Good on them.
Dara

Excellent- Paultons do like to get things ready early :D
PP rider ss

[quote=""Dara""]Something i'd love to see (and wouldn't be at all suprised to see) is a suspended family coaster on the scale of Vampire at chessington. It wont invert, [/quote]

Ye i agree on the suspended coaster bit, that would be great! especially if it was on scale of vampire. There is a lot of room at the park for stuff like this so i can really see it happening :D

However i would like to think that paultons will one day in the not too distant future include an inversion in a new ride, nothing to extreme but something to entertain the older members of the family as this seems to be why they have installed edge.

Also just been on the paultons website and seen they are selling all the stuff from the romany experience and anyone that has been too the park will know that it will leave a big space in a building? It willl be interesting to see what happens with this
MEGA MEGA MEGA LITE THING MEGA MEGA
AdamTUK

You have to say they are taking the steps in the right direction for a family park, its my local park, I took the children there last year and they loved it, granted for me, only a handful of rides were much good.

This ride would sit nicely in most parks, as too the Cobra, which is a suprising entertaining ride, and the Sky Swinger, full size wave swinger, with double seats and a 1m height restriction! My 5 year old already wants on Colossus, and can't understand why he can't get on Ug Swinger (as it was) or Billy's Whizzer, smart move by Paultons. I wonder if Alton have done something to allow the "tots" (as they describe) on the wave swinger in Cloud Cockoo Land, great if they have.
ThrillJunkie

Thinking about heading down to Paultons Park sometime next week as I've never been. Now they have Edge, Cobra and Log Flume it seems they have rides that appeal to me but before i go i want your thoughts on the park.

Did you enjoy it? Was it worth the visit? And good/bad points?

But most importantly as i will be going during the easter holidays and all the kids will be off what sort of queues should i expect and how long?

All Comments and information welcome :D
ThrillJunkieUK
ShadowTD

It looks like I'll be sticking my nose round the door tomorrow, due to an slight change in plans. I'll try to let you know!
furie

Paultons is a lovely park. It's obviously very kid oriented. Unless you go with childish friends, or kids, chances are you won't get the most from it.

If you do though, you'll love it. The park is clean, well maintained and full of simple fun.

It's just one of those relaxing, friendly, welcoming places.

However, go expecting Disney, or even Chessington and you'll be disappointed. Very little theming, with everything being just what's needed - neat but not flamboyant.

Highlight is Cobra

Glass smooth, and the bunny hills are great fun. I doubt your heart beat will raise though.

The Edge is okay. Best seat is at about 10 O'Clock, or 11 O'Clock when you look at the ride from the station. So head over the centre to the far side, then head left about 45 degrees. This seat gives you top of the hill at each end. From there, the ride is fun - it'll make you smile. Again, it's nothnig mind blowing.

When it's busy (and it will be with the holidays and weather), I'd expect fairly long queues for most things. Certainly in excess of thirty minutes for Cobra, maybe as much as an hour for The Edge. However, you never know, but do be prepared.

Finally, "official" trip report from the CoasterForce meet there four weeks ago.
[url=http://www.coasterforce.com/home/p2_articleid/662" target="_blank]http://www.coasterforce.com/home/p2_articleid/662[/url]

Hope that helps a little?
If you\'ve got a problem, stuff a worm in it!
Come and Visit the Family_Furie family review site here
ShadowTD

I'd echo all of that. It was deadsville yesterday - walk on for everything. Staff were really pleasent and they even let me shoot on-ride on Cobra.

The penguin exhibit was quite a surprise. I rate it as being better than Chessington, especially in terms of cleanliness.
Coke

Great park, always clean and well kept with great gardens too, on busy days Queues however will most likely look like this:

The Edge: 35+ mins
Cobra: 20+ mins
Log Flume (Hot Day): 15+ mins
Log Flume (Cold Day): 10+ mins
Wave Runner: 10+ mins
Stinger: 10+ mins
Chairswing: 5+ mins

Are you thirsty?
Dara

Surely Edge will have a shorter queue than Cobra because of its massive throughput. I haven't been yet this season to be fair though
TurboJ

Oh, Paultons Park. I absolutely adored this place before my age reached double figures. The Runaway Train (now replaced with The Stinger) was my very first rollercoaster; my mum was terrified of the ride, so she told me it was called 'The Screamy Train', and you had to scream if you went on it. Then I discovered proper rollercoasters. Well, if I ever wanted to relive the experience, there's always the RMT.

Obviously, I haven't been in years, but I'd recommend it. Many wonderful days were spent at Paultons, and I hope that kids today have as much fun as I did there.
Dara

I dont think you can ever really grow out of Paultons. I'm 23 and me and a small group of people of a similar age went the other day and we had a fantastic time. Especially now that they have very respectable rides like The Cobra and Edge :D

---- Post Info Added ----

WARNING: If anyone's planning a visit to Paultons any time soon, be warned that their new ride Edge is closed. It has been broken down for most of the weekend, and apparantly the central bit of the ride is currently in pieces and being fixed
Anonymous

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8194346.stm

Seems they have no planning permission for:-

The Edge:- Zamperla Disk"o" Coaster (opened 2009)
Cobra: Gertslauer Bobsled (opened 2006)

[-X [-X [-X
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cubwolf

Is his name Roper lol
Khanage

It would be a shame if the retrospective planning application got refused and they had to remove the rides. I not sure of the likelihood that this would happen but I imagine it would be very damaging for the park. Thanks for posting that news story up though - it had some nice images of the park. I've never been to it but it looks like a nice day out.
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

DiogoJ42

Oh for smegs sake! will these killjoys just STOP WHINGING!