Paultons Park

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Dara

[quote=""ihavenoknees""]I'm wondering if you have missed AstroDans point. Its not an enginerring issue, its part of the ride experience. You build up to the fullswing bit.
Are you saying how to make the ride better without going on one of these models before? Thinks can always be different. Why not add another hump or do a loop. Just because you dont see something doesnt mean a lot of thought went into it one way or another, and all the rest.

(PS there not that good but they are fun. Dont over do your hopes and just enjoy it when you get the chance)[/quote]

.... Indeed and like Mankey said, this is only Paultons Park!! Personally i'm really suprised Paultons are installing a large scale ride of this nature, considering their target audience (which is almost entirely families with children under the age of 8), but i do consider Paultons management to be very on the ball relating to new installations, so i would imagine that the relatively slow start to the ride is intentional, in order to gradually build up the speed (thus maening its not too intense for the younger kids) and then once the speed is picked up fully it will just do a couple of swings, wheras at other parks with older target audiences, it might be allowed to swing at full speed for much longer.
jonathan leake

I think that they are trying to turn into a small copy of Chessington. So they are mostly amied at children but have a few for older people. I can see them putting in a couple more rides like this in the future.
Dara

But the Cobra is their main signature attraction and this is clearly aimed at under 12s, i think after one ride, the older family members would be pretty bored of the Cobra. Its a good quality ride but its taet audience is clearly the uner 12s, who are expected to ride with their parents
PP rider ss

Hi
I visited the park the otherday the mega disko ride is goin up, looks really good and bigger than i imagined. Cant wait 2 have a go.

Really a step in the right direction for paultons!!
Last edited by PP rider ss on Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MEGA MEGA MEGA LITE THING MEGA MEGA
Joe Koopa

This is good news, I wouldn't of expected this! :mrgreen: I just really hope Paulton's suprise us even more next season and get a B&M :lol:! If only- [-o< :)
Mattia

Might go and have a little gander down to Paulton's. Last time i went, i was three! And seeing as it's the nearest thing to me about an hour away, it's quite easy to get to. Oh yes lads *puts thumbs up*, yeah i know i'm cool with some amazing visitor attractions like Paulton's around me, what more do you want? :P
But honestly, i would really like to try the cobra and this could be fun (so long as megadiskos don't make you feel like you do when on teacups). :)
jonathan leake

Yea im going to try and visit Paultons. It only a short trip down the M3 from Basingstoke. It so close yet iv only ever been their once.
ShadowTD

The place is a hop and a skip away from the in-laws (Lymington) and Cobra looked like a giggle - I nearly went last year. Looks like 2009 is a certainty!
ihavenoknees

This thread appears to be lacking in pictures. If you thought a brick would turn you on what about a sign on a gate?!? :wink:

Its a sign on a gate

The gates in front of this land

...that is between the trees and the Cobra track. That is where its going to be.
see above[/i]
Coke

Dare you ride on the Edge? Riders swoop and spin through the air reaching a height of 15 metres on a giant disc travelling along a 90 metre track at 43mph! The first in the UK, EDGE features a 'camelback' hill to create an amazing floating sensation!. Things will never be quite the same once you have ridden on the EDGE!

"Kids love splashing around so imagine a whole world of water jets, tipping buckets, fountains, and super soakers for them to enjoy and explore - welcome to Water Kingdom! Our huge new 8500ft2 kids' splash park paradise features over 40 different ways of getting wet and a new seated patio area nearby so parents can relax whilst watching the fun!"

From the Paulton's website ([url=http://www.paultonspark.co.uk" target="_blank]http://www.paultonspark.co.uk[/url])

Are you thirsty?
AstroDan

They make "THE EDGE" sound like a White Knuckle Experience... Water Kingdom sounds cool!

:)
Joe Koopa

So the ride will be 49 ft high? Isn't that quite high for a ride like that? The Edge does sound like a white-knuckle ride though. :)
AstroDan

[quote=""AirWolf""]So the ride will be 49 ft high? Isn't that quite high for a ride like that? The Edge does sound like a white-knuckle ride though. :) [/quote]

Trust me, Disco's are not White Knuckle.
Gazza Smurf

I've always said that what Paulton's needs is an Intamin Accelerator.

Guess this'll have to do though :P
amcmaster1

Good to see them investing more in the park.
I think its good that they have got a UK's first will only help to put the park on the map.
Wishing i was back in the Caribbean
Dara

Apparantly another reason they chose to install it was to get more older school trips during the week, i've been on weekdays and the park is absolutely graveyard dead. The only trips with schools they get are very young infant schools, as it is still seen very much as a kids park. Rides like Edge and the cobra are intended to bring an older market in, whilst still retaining the family image, hence why Paultons dont (and probably never will) have any rides with inversions
jonathan leake

I think that they should make this in to a copy of Cheesington. I think they just need to had a few rides for bigger people 'im not talking something on the scale of Nemesis' but some thing like a huss top spin. This would make the park alot more popular as its the only bigish them park down in the south. Its quite a long trip to get to Thorpe or Chesse form Southampton. Also i think a rapids ride would be quite good here.
Mankey

[quote=""jonathan leake""]I think that they should make this in to a copy of Cheesington. I think they just need to had a few rides for bigger people 'im not talking something on the scale of Nemesis' but some thing like a huss top spin. This would make the park alot more popular as its the only bigish them park down in the south. Its quite a long trip to get to Thorpe or Chesse form Southampton. Also i think a rapids ride would be quite good here.[/quote]

Not really...

I live near Southampton, and its only about an hours drive to Thorpe or Chessy for me... from paultons i can only imagine it being less.

Paultons is nice for kids, it'd be nice if it was a family park but I'm willing to drive that extra 40 mins to get to Chessy or Thorpe.
Back from hibernation!
amcmaster1

I do agree though that with a little bit more investment and better theming this park could offer some good competition in the South to Merlin
Wishing i was back in the Caribbean
Dara

I think that this is kind of what Paultons are now aiming to do with larger scale rides like The Corbra and Edge, but i cant see them ever getting anything on the scale of a Huss Topspin. Afterall, Ramases height restriction is 1.4 metres, this wouln't happen at Paultons.

To be honest i cant see them ever getting anything which involves inversions