Paultons Park

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Dom

Work has been continuing throughout December on the fantastic new area of the park. One of the main entrances into the area is now nearly complete with some large tropical trees.

Also, further rockwork has been created around Flight of the Pterosaur and over the next few weeks will continue. Final testing will continue in the new year on Raptor.

Elsewhere, themeing around The Dinosaur Tour Co. has been continuing with further landscaping and even an abandoned plane that will sit between the waterfall and Temple Heights.

Planting of various trees, shrubs, bushes and plants are having an immediate impact on the area. And of course, the dinosaurs have started to arrive and call the area their home.

As always, credit to Paultons Park Lost Kingdom blog for the pictures.
Themeparksandy1981

I think theses parks do put Merlin to shame like they get there coasters in and working before the turn of the year then spend months theming them. I also like the fact they work on Height not age which it should be.
Dom

Paultons Park have finally revealed an opening date for Lost Kingdom. It will open on the 17th May.
Dom

Final testing on Raptor will take place at the end of the month. Various trees and other plants have been planted around the roller coaster. Rock work has been added around Flight of the Pterosaur.

The Little Explorer's Play Park is also coming along nicely. It will include interactive footprints and climbing frames. Also more dinosaurs have been arriving on site.

Work on, and surrounding Boulder Dash is pretty much finished. The ride is operating and has been fully tested. It now has been covered over.

Also, something that i noticed on this months blog, they called Raptor, Velociraptor. Will this mean a name change for Raptor?

As always credit to Paultons Park Lost Kingdom blog for the pictures
Max

Raptor won't be getting a name change, it's already been printed on the trains and would seem pointless to change it now.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
Dom

The ordinary Paultons Park blog revealed that the Show Street Cinema will be showing a new dinosaur themed 4D film. The Lost World 4D. An image was also revealed, but i'm on my ipad and its being a pain so cant show it in here.

Also, they reffered to Raptor as Velociraptor, which is now making me wonder if they really have changed the name. I have asked them on social media and am still awaiting a response.
Dom

Paultons Park today released its 2016 map

Note the name of Raptor has been changed to Velociraptor, and it has also been changed on the Lost Kingdom rides page
Danny

I'm really enjoying following this project, thanks for the updates Dom :)
It's so nice seeing smaller parks doing well and keeping up with new investments. I'll be making my first trip here this year and I'm looking forward to seeing this new expansion :)
Max

NemesisNosh wrote:Raptor won't be getting a name change, it's already been printed on the trains and would seem pointless to change it now.
I take back my statement. Wonder why they've changed it at the last minute. Will be there opening day so shall get some photos.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Completely speculation, but it could be because Merlin hold the European trademark for 'Raptor' as it's the name of Gardaland's wing coaster, prohibiting its use as a name for other rollercoasters in Europe.
Max

Ah, seems likely. Cheers Lewis.
Dom

The latest construction update of Lost Kingdom is now up on the Paultons Park Lost Kingdom Blog
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The finish Paultons look to be achieving with this is really quite impressive and they deserve the area to commercially serve them well.
Max

Met with some of the Paultons managers recently, and the obvious commitment and effort they put into their projects is amazing. The attention to detail is not matched anywhere else in the country. I have no doubts that Lost Kingdom will be a success. I'll be on park tomorrow for opening day so should be able to take some more photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Max

Double post, but having visited on opening day today I can assure you that the pictures do not do this area justice. The theming is incredible and the coasters look much better in person. Construction site was a hive of activity, painting and the paving was being laid practically all day. Didn't take my camera but shall be visiting again Thursday so will grab some photos then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Themeparksandy1981

Do you know if they can build anymore rides by the cobra coaster?
Max

I highly doubt it after the issues they had before. The site just to the west of Edge is currently being used as storage for the rockwork structures to go into lost kingdom, along with a few dinosaurs.
Max

Another double post, but a look around the site from a guests perspective is available in my trip report to the park, situated in the My Visit area.
Last edited by Dom on Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added direct link to the post in question
Liam.W

ThemeParkWorldwide have some new photos from a construction tour earlier today!

Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Dom

Work has been continuing on Lost Kingdom.