Paultons Park

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Dom

Emporium wrote:I have heard rumors that Peppa Pig World/Land/Area will be expanding soon...
I haven't heard that and i keep checking news about Paultons Park, considering its my local park. I shall have to investigate. If it is happening, it won't happen until at least 2017/18, considering their plans for next year have already been revealed.
Dom

Paultons Park has today released an App. Its called Lost Kingdom and is a puzzle like game. You can play daily for a chance to win tickets to the opening of the 'Dinosaur theme park world in 2016'. (There words in an email, not mine).
Dom

Sorry for the double post.

Some concept images have been released on the Paultons Park Website

Photos coutesy of the Paultons Park Lost Kingdom website

Also ride logos have been released on the site

It looks like Lost Kingdom will feature 8 rides and attractions. Flight of the Pterosaur apparently will reach speeds of 55mph and will be 395m tall. Raptor is a 200m family coaster that will drop from 20m in the air and will sweep around tight bends and through ancient tunnels reaching speeds of 40mph. The area will also feature a childrens play area called Little Explorere, walking dinosaurs, a junior coaster called Dino Chase, a ride that swoops and rises from land to sky called Temple Heights, a jeep style safari like attraction where you can come face to face with the dinosaurs called The Dinosaur Tour Co and your chance to either enter an egg or a boulder on the swirling Boulder Dash.

There will also feature two food and drink outlets called Base Camp and The Nest. Lost Kingdom merchandise will be available from Outpost 12 and of course game stalls.
Last edited by Dom on Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny

Dom wrote:Sorry for the double post.

Some concept images have been released on the Paultons Park [urlhttps://paultonspark.co.uk/lost-kingdom/blog]Website[/url]

Photos coutesy of the Paultons Park Lost Kingdom website

Also ride logos have been released on the site

It looks like Lost Kingdom will feature 8 rides and attractions. Flight of the Pterosaur apparently will reach speeds of 55mph and will be 395m tall. Raptor is a 200m family coaster that will drop from 20m in the air and will sweep around tight bends and through ancient tunnels reaching speeds of 40mph. The area will also feature a childrens play area called Little Explorere, walking dinosaurs, a junior coaster called Dino Chase, a ride that swoops and rises from land to sky called Temple Heights, a jeep style safari like attraction where you can come face to face with the dinosaurs called The Dinosaur Tour Co and your chance to either enter an egg or a boulder on the swirling Boulder Dash.

There will also feature two food and drink outlets called Base Camp and The Nest. Lost Kingdom merchandise will be available from Outpost 12 and of course game stalls.
395m tall?! That's huge :lol:
Dom

Soar high into the skies upon on The Flight of the Pterosaur, a mighty and unique 395m suspended dinosaur coaster, which takes family adventurers swopping high and low around the prehistoric landscape with speeds of up to 55mph.
Taken straight from the website
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Dom wrote:
Soar high into the skies upon on The Flight of the Pterosaur, a mighty and unique 395m suspended dinosaur coaster, which takes family adventurers swopping high and low around the prehistoric landscape with speeds of up to 55mph.
Taken straight from the website
I'd assume it's referring to its length, not height. Otherwise that's almost 1300 feet tall :P
Dom

I do apologise. I don't even know why i wrote 395m tall in the original post. I think i just got a bit over excited!
Luce

I really like the sound of this new area for next year and looks as though it could be well themed. Paultons is a park definitely on my to visit list so 2016 will be a good time to do so :)
abigsmurf

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

POV of the ride it shares a layout with. Looks fun enough for a family coaster, although you lose almost the entire major drop when sitting at the front.

Would this run multiple laps? Very short ride otherwise.
Dom

I just did a quick read on RCDB about Raptor and Flight of the Pterosaur and found that they will both be Vekoma. Not much more information is available about Raptor, but because Flight of the Pterosaur is going to be a 'copy' of Kvasten, it has more details available.
Length: 1,312.3 ft
Height: 65.6 ft
Inversions: 0
Speed: 34.2 mph
Duration: 1:03
G-Force: 2.5
Elements: Booster Wheel Lift Hill
Dimensions: 89.9 ft x 49.1 ft
Capacity: 650 riders per hour
Details

Trains: Single train with 10 cars. Riders are arranged 2 across in a single row for a total of 20 riders.
Quote from the RCDB.com website.
Dom

Construction update

Over the past three months the park has been busy preparing the site.

Foundations for the rides have been started.

Also the track for the Dinosaur Tour Company 4x4 keep experience have been laid. The experience will also feature a waterfall, for which the foundations and the structure have been built

The area will feature a lot of rockwork too.

One of the entrances to the area will feature a grand archway with flame torches.

Two new buildings have also been erected. These will be for Alive! Dinosaurs Encounter and Base Camp catering outlet.

The park have also been in the process of filming a promotional video for the park

And just because they were being nice, they revealed two of the animatronic dinosaurs that will feature in the area.

All information and pictures from the Paultons Park Lost Kingdom Blog website which can be found Here
Morgan

This looks like an intriguing project, I hope to be visiting it when it opens.
Dom

Track has started arriving on park for Flight of the Pterosaur.

Images from Paultons Park Lost Kingdom blog.
Ryan.B

Vekoma just posted this picture on the Facebook, the purple track is for the boomerang. If you look in the background there is booster bike cars (far left) I have a feeling it could be for Drayton Manor, with Vekoma having plans for them in a video a few years ago for a launch at Drayton, and Drayton have an area by the lake with signs saying planning for future fun. If anyone can get a photo of it and start a topic for their 2016/2017 developments that would be great. I posted this in this topic as its about the Paultons boomerang track, personally I think it looks good, but it doesn't exactly say dinosaur theme colour to me. What does everyone else think?

Dom

We have some vertical construction taking place on Flight of the Pterosaur.

Also rock work has been taking place.

As well as some more dinosaurs

Foundations for the Raptor station have also been worked on

Also a tunnel for the Dinosaur Tour Co. has started being constructed.

And finally, heres a sign!

Source : Paultons Park Lost Kingdom Blog
ponder

abigsmurf wrote:

POV of the ride it shares a layout with. Looks fun enough for a family coaster, although you lose almost the entire major drop when sitting at the front.

Would this run multiple laps? Very short ride otherwise.

Freedom Flyer at Fun Spot Orlando only runs one lap and is also a very similar layout. Even for a family coaster, I found it incredibly forceless unfortunately. As in less than Runaway Mine Train. But maybe the $8 to ride it affected my opinion. :lol

Hopefully this is a bit better. It's certainly a step in the right direction for Paulton I guess.
Ryan.B

Worth it for paultons, you don't pay per ride and it looks quite fun to be honest, I'm going to try and get there for this!
Dom

The lucky folks at CoasterForce have had a look at the site and took some incredible photo's
Zachary

themealgang

If they get this right, Paulton's Park will absolutely be onto a winner with this one.

The Vekoma Junior Boomerang is a perfect choice for a park of their nature and target audience. I took numerous rides on Ben 10 today at Drayton Manor and whilst the layout of Paulton's coaster obviously differs, the attraction is superb for families and actually, quite packs quite a punch considering its size.

The suspended coaster shares an identical layout to Fun Spot's Freedom Flyer which was perfectly adequate for a family coaster. I just hope it runs with lap bars.

When thinking about it, this could turn out to be a real hidden gem for the UK.