Paultons Park

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
SpinballEdders

Paultons have just posted the 2012 park map on Their Facebook page:

Looks awesome if you ask me! :D
Adam James

Maybe its just me, but the map seems a bit messy with the Peppa Pig World bit squashed onto the right-hand side.. If they couldn't fit the icons onto the regular park map maybe placing the PPW map on the back would have been a better solution?

Saying that, I noticed someone commented that the Flying Saucer and Magic Forest attractions aren't on the map - I haven't been to the park before, but i'm guessing have these ultimately been replaced by Magma?  :?
Tom G

spark wrote: Theme wise it looks like Volcanic Impact at Fantasy Island
At least that actually shoots upwards though, as per an eruption!
Joe Koopa

Adam James wrote: I haven't been to the park before, but i'm guessing have these ultimately been replaced by Magma?  :?
No, they were on the other side of the park to Magma - closer to Peppa Pig Land. It's no great loss though, both were menial attractions. In fact, the Magic Forest was merely a poorly themed, dated walk through.
SpinballEdders

A picture of the seating

and here's MAGMA in action:

BigAl

Well that looks... bright! :P

It will look better with the theming but couldn't they have toned-down the towers paint scheme a little? I'm not much for the magma part either. It looks rather tacky, in my opinion.

If they want a magma texture then I'd have gone for something a little more realistic like this:

Then paint the tower in an assortment of greys and then add some yellow and orange highlights.

But I guess that matches the concept art better.
Last edited by BigAl on Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpinballEdders

Some new photos of MAGMA:

Pennywise

TV Advert released -

Don't get me wrong... it's great that they're releasing an advert and that in itself advertises the growth of the park, but I can't stop laughing at it! It starts out OK, I guess, for the first three second or so, even if the CGI is still horrible... then that voiceover begins. WHAT the heck is that? It's so exaggerated that it feels as though it's spoofing the ride, completely detracting from any 'fear factor' that the advert might have had.

Then there's the shot of the tower itself which looks like an RCT3 creation, and the ride's absolutely woeful logo at the end of it all. Why oh why didn't Paulton's just release an advert for the park as a whole, as opposed to this hideous self-mockery?
AstroDan

THAT'S HAWT!

*points*
darkside

Ok, I think D4n is looking into this a bit much.

That advert is fine.
Rowe

I agree with D4n; Admittedly I also found the advert to be bad and far too 'in your face' with the CGI effects alongside the dramatic voiceover that, quite honestly, doesn't belong there. It's good in that it shows the ride for what it is but I think it could've been better with subtlety like the PR given beforehand. Then again, I doubt the majority of the family target market would notice because it is eye catching.
DiogoJ42

Is that tower a hexagonal (rather than square) truss? Seems rather unusual to me, though it makes sense if the gondola rotates.
Nathan

Aside from the awful voiceover, I quite like the advert.

Paultons have uploaded a few photos from today's press event. First look at the volcano exterior.

Opens to the public next Saturday.
Last edited by Nathan on Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpinballEdders

On and offride video form Coasterforce

:)
Rowe

I'm rather surprised as to how small the ride area is as I expected it to be far bigger, including the very short queueline, and how they've managed to procure an animatronic for the attraction too. Besides the evident drop tower, I would say it's quite easy to pass on the pathway to and from Edge/Cobra. Still, it looks like a good effort by Paultons!
SpinballEdders

For Paultons, it is a good ride. it caters to the older kids who pop along with their younger family and friends. I think they should continue building rides aimed at Thrill Seekers, but still ones that families can enjoy as well. I would like to see a coaster on the scale of TH13TEEN, seems perfect to me.

Rowe

It's great that they're extending out the market to young teenagers as part of the family target but I wouldn't want them to go the whole hog with creating a line of thrillseeker rides that would belong better at perhaps Drayton or Thorpe. But I do agree that a Thirteen scale rollercoaster would do the park very well, as long as it didn't focus on a foreboding and dark subject which would possibly polarise their current market, since Cobra and the Stinger aren't necessarily very thrilling for under 15s.

Also, on the subject of Magma, I've completely realised that this is the park's third drop tower with Jumping Bean and Jumping Jack!
Rob L

For a park such as Paulton's this is a very good addition. It looks really nice and appeals to a wide range of people. Some decent theming as well!

DiogoJ42

Well, this looks like a drop tower that I might be willing to ride. :shock: More of a bounce than a drop :lol:
Satch

Wow, for a park the size of Paulton's, this is a great addition. It's family thrill and marketed so, has a much longer ride sequence than N:ST, and actually looks a decent and lasting experience