Madame Tussauds London

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
Chaz

So, seems no body has picked this up yet. Madame Tussauds London took to Facebook to announce this on 2nd Jan...

Now, I know Madame Tussauds reveal new figures throughout the year but this looks like something bigger. Judging by this picture there is some major construction going on at the moment. Has anybody been recently and seen anything/heard anything? Have they removed anything to make way for this?

Some people in the know may know exactly what this is (but let us keep ssshh) but can anybody speculate at this stage?
Dom

I went at the end of December and didn't notice or see anything that suggested anything new. Will be interesting to see what happens.
Chaz

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wednesday 21st... It's going to be big!
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Screamscape has supposedly heard rumours of it being a Star Wars exhibit.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/world_news.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Scroll down to UK)
Dom

I think they may be right considering a tweet from Madame Tussauds kind of gives it away.
Madame Tussauds ‏@MadameTussauds
@ImagineeringMC @THORPEPARK @altontowers @sealifebham @LDCManchester @CWOA You'll find out in two weeks... watch this SPACE! :)
Chaz

Hi all,

Something big (probably the biggest thing since Madame Tussauds' opening) is coming and will be announced next week if all goes to plan.

I highly recommend anyone who is interested in the Madame Tussauds brand, Merlin or all-things in themed entertainment to sign up to receive their emails.

https://www.madametussauds.com/London/subscribe.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do it, it's going to be massive :)
onair

It does seem to be Star Wars related with all their Facebook teases. It's always good to see something new but..

If it is Star Wars related have to say I am really disappointed, there could have been so many better options to make use of the extension.

It's the same old same old with Merlin boring !
jackcullen

But it's timed to perfection to cash in on the upcoming film, Merlin aint daft!
Chaz

Just wait for Tuesday, all will be revealed.

I'm super-excited for it and I think this will help the MT brand IMO.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Only just realised that there was a clue in the first teaser image, with 'SPACE' being enlarged :P
Owen

:yes: Lewis :P Clever way to hint to be fair to them.
onair

So its a Star Wars exhibition from this post and now on the Tussauds facebook page.

Jedi master Yoda has been recreated at Madame Tussauds for a new exhibition.

The tourist attraction will eventually feature 11 different sets from the hit films including Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader's clash on the Death Star and Princess Leia being held prisoner in Jabba's Throne Room.

This scene shows the 66cm-high figure of Yoda in the swamps of Dagobah as featured in the The Empire Strikes Back.

It took 10 artists four months to make the figure using oil paint for his distinctive green skin and inserting his wispy grey hairs by hand.

Fans should be able to see the set in May.

Source
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment ... d=11395775" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Could be because I am not a Star Wars fan :roll: but as mentioned the place struggles for space as it is. They could have used the space to spread out the current displays, avoiding the mass congestion there is there now.

I love Madame Tussauds don't get me wrong but this would have been better suited for another attraction say LEGOLAND to go with their current lego star wars miniland display.

I give them credit The facebook promo photo looks good

Danny

I hate Star Wars but I'm sure this will pull in the crowds. The new film is out end of this year, I'm sure it'll be a May the Fourth opening they are aiming for too :roll:
Morgan

Looks good, I shall be going to see it at some point along with the other attractions
Owen

Just had an email from thorpe park - I will post an image later.

It is basically saying a new Star Wars exhibition will be coming in May ;) 2015

There is also some videos on the making of Yoda and starting there will be featuring 16 figures and a mix of Heroes and Villians :)

Also the hashtag #STARWARSATMT is on the bottom of the email :)
Chaz

Yep, we have sent many emails (practically one per Merlin attraction) to let any many people know as possible.

If you like Star Wars, make sure you sign up on the mini-site as the concept art looks amazing. :D
Owen

For those who cant see the emil for any reason...

And the minisite you were refering too :P
https://starwars.madametussauds.com/london/en/
Aidan Lowe

Not interested in SW myself but seeing as its becoming relevant again its a good move from Merlin to have such an exhibit.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Morgan

Random advert from Thorpe :lol
Owen

TTheory wrote:Random advert from Thorpe :lol
I had explained why thorpe was there also if you had read it
Thrillmad wrote:Just had an email from thorpe park - I will post an image later.
The e-mail was from thorpe park which is a good idea seeing as they are pretty close to each other :)