Chester Zoo

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
TomL

As some of you may remember, it was announced a while back that Chester Zoo announced that it was building a new experience, the largest of it's kind in Europe estimated to add 1-2 hours to your visit to Chester Zoo. The experienced includes walks over specially crafted bridges from island to island, a walk through 'Monsoon Forest' which is the UK's largest indoor zoo exhibit and then a 15 minute Lazy River boat trip. There is now a minisite for the development where you can find out more information, view a virtual concept and enter a competition here.
This seems to be a huge project for Chester Zoo that they have spent lots of money on, it should be a great addition for families and a great development for them.

Aidan Lowe

That's quite a huge addition to any zoo let alone Chester Zoo, guess zoo's are still quite popular 8-[
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Altontowersbarlow

Chester Zoo (in my opinion) is one of the greatest zoo experiences in the UK and I am sure this large development will add a new dimension to the attraction. I also like the interactive aspect of this development, as it means guests can walk through habitats and experience the area/animals rather than just simply observe it.
TomL

A little news article about the project by The Liverpool Echo:
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on ... ns-8760087
Nothing new but it shows a small time lapse of some of the site. It's starting to look like a great investment for the zoo :)
TomL

Chester Zoo has announced that 'Islands' is opening on Monday 13th July at 10am. Here is an article from the Liverpool Echo.