Ferrari World - Abu Dhabi

Engage with like-minded members and discuss the world of theme parks and attractions here.
theparklifekid

Turbo Track POV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biscwXQ6GPY&t=0s

Themeparkreview have got an onride pov now on their channel. In my opinion, it looks just "Meh", but I'm guessing its better backwards.

Turbo Track opens on the 29th March
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
ThemeCrafter264

I hate to be negative but this is a huge disappointment. The airtime hill achieves very little because when it travels near it, the speed is awfully low. The ride vehicles look bizzare. Really the only nice bit is the twisted climb but the rest is just weird and meh
Dom

I have to agree. This looks so boring from the video. It really does look very slow. Its a shame as it looked quite funky and a bit different.
Chris
Admin
Admin

Definitely need two goes on it at a minimum.

Even an impulse coaster is a longer ride.
theparklifekid

During my time at the park today I stopped by to check the progress of Mission: Ferrari, while I was walking around taking pics, a construction gate was open, so I grabbed a sneaky pic:

This is the 'tilt-a-drop' feature of the ride and judging by how the inside looked, I'd say it won't open until at least late 2017/early 2018.

As for the outside section, nothing new.

theparklifekid

A quick update from Mission: Ferrari!

So the lights in the main showroom where on, so you can see what looks like where the on ride photos will be taken, as well as some theming of road signs for Italian landmarks.

I am guessing that this is a 360* screen

Outside the rides entrance we have what I assume is a 'Hover-Ferrari'

As well as some sci-fi looking doors.

Finally an opened construction gate allowed me to grab this.

I also filmed a vlog from the park, where I talk more about the upcoming coaster:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRPIi6xfbl8&t=1s
theparklifekid

From what I'm told by friends from the park, Mission Ferrari is having a few tweaking issues that they need to iron out (apparently they have been having rollback problems). The original opening was this summer, but its apparently being delayed to at least October. Shame, but hopefully it'll be great!

Also here's the entrance:
Cobby

Ok I just found this on the internet whilst I was searching for reference images of Aces for a project idea I had but I think this has accidentally leaked some of the track layout for Mission Ferrari. I don't know if this image has surfaced before but I have never saw it.The image is titled projects flying aces but the track clearly isn't aces. On the left is where the track leaves the building and goes outside and into the inversion and on the right you can see the see saw element and I think possibly the turntable middle left. The image can be found here or if that doesn't work by searching for Flying Aces Queue on google: http://www.holovis.com/image-sitemap-1.xml

theparklifekid

So Ferrari World has pulled a sneaky one on us and have started construction on a new family coaster!

https://rcdb.com/17741.htm#p=105048

Meanwhile over at Mission Ferrari, still no word on an opening, but they've painted a mural.

plus heres a sneak pic of the trains
theparklifekid

Yas Island developer Miral’s chief executive officer Mohamed Al Zaabi has announced the indoor SFX rollercoaster 'Mission Ferrari', a Family Zone with attractions dedicated to families, as well as an opportunity to walk on the roof and access a zipline experience are all scheduled to open during the 2020 season! Finally!